1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Irish R's

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by inkedupp, Aug 10, 2011.

1. Swords Hoopster

Swords Hoopster New Member

Which is it Cerny, the Shamrocks or the Leprechauns that gets your back up so much?!

2. inkedupp

inkedupp Active Member

he just hates Guinness!

3. CernyBerny

CernyBerny New Member

And blokes that regularly use brasso.

4. NORTHOLT

NORTHOLT Active Member

please log in to view this image

5. NORTHOLT

NORTHOLT Active Member

Forgetful fan leaves Ireland Euro tickets in airport shop
    And he thinks he has problems? Ireland coach Giovanni Trapattoni at a training session in Postoia And he thinks he has problems? Ireland coach Giovanni Trapattoni at a training session in Postoia

Forgetful Irish football fan Oliver Coughlan is the target of a worldwide web hunt.

He left his tickets for Ireland's three Euro 2012 matches in a Champion Sports shop in Dublin Airport.

"The tickets are for Ireland's games against Croatia, Italy and Spain," said Paul O'Kane at Dublin Airport.

"I can only think that somewhere in Poland, the poor man is putting his hand in his pocket for his tickets and figuring out that they're gone."

The tickets were found in the airport shop at 10:00 BST on Friday.

The authorities think that Mr Coughlan must have flown out without them.

But thanks to the honesty of staff at Champion Sports and the quick thinking of the airport media department, the hunt for Oliver has taken to Twitter and Facebook. His story has featured on Irish radio and on news websites.

His story has gone viral.

"We have tweeted and Champion Sports have posted messages on their Facebook," said Mr O'Kane, director of public affairs at the airport.

"The story has been picked up by RTE and local radio stations.

"I can only think that the first game is on Sunday evening so we have a bit of time to find him. Ten years ago, trying to track him down would have been very difficult. Now, thanks to new media and social networks we have a chance of reuniting him with his tickets before Sunday's match."

The airport lines have been buzzing with people wondering about those tickets - some of them have even offered to buy them.

But the airport is keen to do the right thing by Mr Coughlan - they are trying their best to reunite him with his tickets and have asked the public to help them find him.

6. Ciarrai_Abu

Ciarrai_Abu Well-Known Member

Classic. 20k-30k Irish fans travelling. Boom time for Poland. We know how to partay.

7. Shawswood

Shawswood Well-Known Member

Ticketless man traced; will be reunited with his tickets tomorrow; he is now famous in Ireland.

8. TootingExcess

TootingExcess Well-Known Member

I'm in Ireland visiting the in laws this week, so have the joy of RTE for the football instead of the likes of Garth Crooks or Jim Beglin. They really are head and shoulders above itv or bbc coverage.

9. NORTHOLT

NORTHOLT Active Member

Have we not sent RTE an annoying Englishman to state the bleeding obvious, to reciprocate?

10. TootingExcess

TootingExcess Well-Known Member

They have Souness for that Northy.

Good to have you back by the way.

11. NORTHOLT

NORTHOLT Active Member

Cheers Tooting<ok>

12. Swords Hoopster

I was going to say that but thought it might sound a bit "ours are better than yours, na na na na na".

For all Irish Football's faults, I have to agree. The Punditry is really good. Its no holds barred honesty. I'd recommend anyone get it online as Giles, Dunphy, Brady and even Souness really tell it like it is.

13. Finney

Finney Member

Did i ever mention i was an Irish QPR fan??

14. Swords Hoopster

Alright Finney. I think most R's fans know you mate. Personally, having heard you speak on a number of occasions, I could never pin your accent right down.

It sounds like a mix between North England, South England and North Ireland. I presume you've lived in both England and Ireland with a mixed accent like that?

Great to have you on our Board mate. Yourself and Northolt are some fairly prestigious names to have on here and it just goes to show how well QPR-not606 is doing.

15. QualityPies'Rissoles

QualityPies'Rissoles Active Member

Normally 3 or 4 games now that I have to bring the young lad, could squeeze more in some time ago and had a season ticket too, there are always 4 or 5 others travelling and they are often new to me.

16. QPRNUTS

QPRNUTS Well-Known Member

Well guys we can start planning our trip for next season as soon as the Euros are over. Two basic ideas:

One
    We pick a match and all head to Dublin to join up and get smashed together. Was thinking that we pick a Saturday home match which we should win (Liverpool for example:cheesy:) and stay overnight and have a laugh. All non Irish Rrss on this site will be invited.

Two
    We pick a home match at HQ against one of the weaker teams in the league (Liverpool for example) and as many of us head over together as possible. Was thinking that we might even be able to arrange a fun 5 aside match against some of the lads on here before the match and then head off to HQ together. Some might have to fly back that night (recession and all that), while others might be able to pull the long lost cousin trick out of the bag for accommodation.

If there is enough interest in travelling HQ/Dublin we can put a plan together after the EUROs.

17. QPRNUTS

QPRNUTS Well-Known Member

By the way lads, for any of you who listen to the Ray Darcy show, it's my brother Mark that Ray rings everyday to get an update on his daily progress across Europe. Mark and five of his mates are heading across Europe in a Camper Van to support Ireland in the EUROs. They are having some craic.

18. inkedupp

inkedupp Active Member

nuts, as soon as the fixture list comes out we'll throw out a few feelers and see what the most popular dates are and take it from there.

19. QPRDROG

QPRDROG Member

Hi All, I spotted the article over on IndyR's and thought I would pop over and join the party <party>

20. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

could you not pursuade 20 or 30 k of the poles in ireland to go home as well
    and stay there