1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Ipswich Town vs AFC Wimbledon

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by Nuggets, Aug 19, 2019.

1. johnnywarksmoustache

johnnywarksmoustache Well-Known Member

And no captain calamity <ok>

2. San Diego

San Diego Sir Mediator
    Forum Moderator

That's the team I would put out too, Spanish.
    Wilson is doing ok and Rowe will be better without Janoi behind him. Both full backs are contributing to poor wing play although Kenlock was alright yesterday once Georgiou came on and stayed wide to give him somebody to pass to.

3. itfcptc

itfcptc Well-Known Member

I still think we could do with at least another striker on a short term loan and maybe a CB and LB.

Everyone is saying if fit we have a decent squad, which is true but if we continue to have injuries like we have had the last 2 years that is very unlikely.

For me we have the potential to have a good team but it also has the potential to be very weak based on injuries and match fitness.

If you take our current example if we get serious injuries to Norwood, Skuse or Chambers for example we would have very few match fit options. We have some quality players for this level but we also have a squad which has little experience at this level and above and loads of injury prone players.

Upfront particularly concerns me at the moment, if Norwood gets injured we've only really got Jackson to come in. I can't imagine Sears will be fit until next year and who knows about Keane.

Yes we have potential if the players come back but it could also go very quickly the other way. And I think Lambert has done pretty well so far in cobbling a side together with very little experience

Last edited: Aug 22, 2019
    Southcoastoldgaffer likes this.
  4. Southcoastoldgaffer

Southcoastoldgaffer Well-Known Member

Hear hear Warky, out to grass! :1980_boogie_down:<party><rose> for his quiet retirement!

johnnywarksmoustache likes this.
  5. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

YorkieLancsHampyLondoner Well-Known Member

Just about spot on Spanish.

I would be giving Jackson a run in the side for another four or five starts whilst Keane is getting his fitness back and then with Sears back soon any of them are going to be having to contribute regular goals and assists to start.