1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Ipswich Town v Sunderland - Tuesday 26th September - KO 19:45

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by RTB, Sep 25, 2017.

?

Your Prediction

Poll closed Sep 27, 2017.
  1. Home win

57.1%
  2. Away win

28.6%
  3. Draw

8.6%
  4. Meh - not another game

5.7%
  1. cumbrianmackem

cumbrianmackem Well-Known Member

Bri,
    Myself and Rooch are going to the Preston match if you fancy meeting some of the outlying members of this forum, in fact are there anybody else on here going to the match, we could all commiserate with each other over the current plight of our wonderful club.
    Any takers.

2. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

IMG_1216.JPG

3. Disco down under

Disco down under Well-Known Member

It's why every bugger snorts speed on a night out. Don't think that's especially cheap either.

Also a massive crystal meth epidemic over here too. Nice and scummy.

4. Brian Storm

Brian Storm Well-Known Member

I would be more than happy to meet you both but time is against me unfortunately, so not sure if it's possible. Depends on how long the taxi takes to take me to the hotel(Manchester south) and back to Victoria station(Manchester) which will decide the train I get and how quickly I'll get there. I get into Manchester just after midday and the train to Preston is an hour so it will be a race against time. After I'm rushing to make our dinner reservation. Free at half time though. <laugh>

5. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

I've got a mate over there who's a Perth native and he says the meth situation is a massive problem. He's had several friends die from it already and this is in what looks on the face of it to be paradise.

6. Brian Storm

Once befriended an Aussie lad while working a temp job, dropped some pills with him, he was astonished at how cheap drugs are in this country. Kept making a pig out of himself which was hilarious. At one point he couldn't stop his eyes rolling to the back of head <laugh> Pure cabbaged.

7. Disco down under

Disco down under Well-Known Member

They love it much in the same way we do over there so when they come over and it costs a fraction of the price they go mad for it. I lived in London before moving over here and met the missus there so spent a lot of time with expat/backpacking aussies. They used to go mental for it. Oddly enough those prices don't even stop them over here.

I don't spend a penny on it at those prices but if someone offers me a key in the bag I'll do a bit occasionally.

It's really bad. Theres a couple of hubs over here in Victoria too, namely Bendigo and Geelong. They're massive on it so crimes rates fly through the roof. It's hit celebrity circles too. An Aussie Rules player who won the sport's equivalent of the Balon D'Or is in jail at the moment because he got addicted and later on tried to cut his missus' finger off with an electric saw.

Another kid, of aboriginal ethnicity this time, has had to retire at 26 because he was ****ed off his head on it. Really sad. Holds no appeal to me.

Brian Storm likes this.
  8. cumbrianmackem

Half time would do Bri, if you have a glum expression on your face well easily spot you.....oh hang on a minute everybody in the away end could have the same expression<laugh>, or you wear a blue carnation that would do.:emoticon-0148-yes:

9. Brian Storm

I ain't wearing no carnation <laugh> When my ticket comes I'll let you know where it is so we can start by establishing if we're anywhere near each other.

10. marcusblackcat

marcusblackcat SAFC Sheriff
    Forum Moderator

You lot are daft!! Going to watch another away game after a drubbing!!!!! Enjoy it fellas - I am jealous - sad thing is that I had a gig over that way this weekend then it got moved as the place I was playing stopped putting singers on - otherwise I'd have been on of the daft ****ers with you!!

@cumbrianmackem - not sure where in Cumbria you're from but I'm playing at Whitehaven Rugby Club a week on Saturday if you fancy it

Brian Storm likes this.

11. cumbrianmackem

The deep West Coast Marcus nearly a two hour drive for me but I'm also working that weekend so no good, sorry.

12. cumbrianmackem

Rooch has got the tickets I'll find out what seats and get back to you, there'll only be us three in the away end anyway so should be easy enough.

Brian Storm likes this.
  13. rooch 3

rooch 3 Well-Known Member

That would be great mate but I don't think I can meet you at half time I will have gone home by then.<laugh>

Brian Storm and commachio like this.
  14. Brian Storm

That's why you're always so chirpy. You can't achieve true bitterness until you stay to the end. <laugh>

rooch 3 likes this.
  15. cumbrianmackem

Bri,
    Ticket details stair 10, Block L Row 15 seats 41& 42.
    Dont be square we will see you there:emoticon-0100-smile

16. rooch 3

I am sure I have seen them details before somewhere.
    You do realize now you have put them on here we will be fighting the fanny off for the whole game. <laugh><cheers>

Burly Hurley likes this.
  17. cumbrianmackem

Well there's plenty of fannies playing in our team at the moment so we won't have to look very far, but I've a sneaky feeling that we'll pinch a result on Saturday.

18. rooch 3

So have I mate I think we'll pinch a 4 1 defeat.

commachio likes this.