1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Ipswich Town v Leeds Utd /Breakfast Debate

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Jan 10, 2018.

?

SCORELINE:Ipswich Town v Leeds Utd

Poll closed Jan 13, 2018.
  1. 0-0

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 1-1

13.3%
  3. 2-2 or higher

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Ipswich by 1

33.3%
  5. Leeds by 1

20.0%
  6. Ipswich by 2

20.0%
  7. Leeds by 2

13.3%
  8. Ipswich by 3 oe more

13.3%
  9. Leeds by 3 or more

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

2. Eric Le Merde

Eric Le Merde Well-Known Member

Wee Jimmy Lumsden

3. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Well done pal

4. Clive Time

Clive Time Active Member

Carlos The Jackal

FORZA LEEDS and Eric Le Merde like this.
  5. Eric Le Merde

Eric Le Merde Well-Known Member

At first I thought it was Elton John

6. Marcos Barber

Marcos Barber Well-Known Member

Been to Ipswich away twice now and lost both times so am definitely going next year on the basis of third time lucky because, on the evidence of yesterday, neither team will get relegated. (Yes, Eire, before you say it, neither will be going up either).

Without wanting to upset any “Town” fans, there wasn’t one of their players I would want to sign, we were doing more than fine until O’Kane had his moment. From then, I just waited for the inevitable or hyperthermia to take me, it was bloody freezing.

After the sending off, Ipswich just played the extra man well and played pretty decent football but, honestly, we could have had four or five on another day.

Good points, couldn’t knock any player (little caveat coming up), they worked their dib dabs off for something amongst the scraps and we could have drawn or even won. Sensible taking Alioski off for Shaughnessy just for balance but would have been interested to see super Klich - another no lose opportunity to see why he is so highly rated. Alioski killed his own chances five minutes into the game with two pathetic dives that meant he had lost the ref (and me to be fair), why oh why you pansy???

Interestingly, I didn’t think Phillips did much and wouldn’t have been unhappy to see him subbed until O’Kanes brain fart but the knowledgeable worzels around me thought he (and O’Kane) were exactly what they needed in their team.

My two “deep” thoughts for the week.

Whether you go or watch a stream etc, can Berardi take a throw in? Sounds odd but, for such a simple discipline, why do 9/10 of his throw ins go to the opposition? My theory is, he can only launch it down the touch line because he doesn’t want possession back.

Two, on investment, when you consider Jannson and Saiz cost the price of one Charlie Taylor, how much difference would, say, four really good signings at 4 million squid apiece make to our (or any other) side at this level? £15 million signings would be beautiful but not necessarily the only way. Jannson was silly better than anyone on the pitch apart from Hernandez but he would cost us that money too if he wasn’t 46 or something.

7. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

QUOTE="Marcos Barber, post: 11337524, member: 1030475"]Been to Ipswich away twice now and lost both times so am definitely going next year on the basis of third time lucky because, on the evidence of yesterday, neither team will get relegated. (Yes, Eire, before you say it, neither will be going up either).

Without wanting to upset any “Town” fans, there wasn’t one of their players I would want to sign, we were doing more than fine until O’Kane had his moment. From then, I just waited for the inevitable or hyperthermia to take me, it was bloody freezing.

After the sending off, Ipswich just played the extra man well and played pretty decent football but, honestly, we could have had four or five on another day.

Good points, couldn’t knock any player (little caveat coming up), they worked their dib dabs off for something amongst the scraps and we could have drawn or even won. Sensible taking Alioski off for Shaughnessy just for balance but would have been interested to see super Klich - another no lose opportunity to see why he is so highly rated. Alioski killed his own chances five minutes into the game with two pathetic dives that meant he had lost the ref (and me to be fair), why oh why you pansy???

Interestingly, I didn’t think Phillips did much and wouldn’t have been unhappy to see him subbed until O’Kanes brain fart but the knowledgeable worzels around me thought he (and O’Kane) were exactly what they needed in their team.

My two “deep” thoughts for the week.

Whether you go or watch a stream etc, can Berardi take a throw in? Sounds odd but, for such a simple discipline, why do 9/10 of his throw ins go to the opposition? My theory is, he can only launch it down the touch line because he doesn’t want possession back.

Two, on investment, when you consider Jannson and Saiz cost the price of one Charlie Taylor, how much difference would, say, four really good signings at 4 million squid apiece make to our (or any other) side at this level? £15 million signings would be beautiful but not necessarily the only way. Jannson was silly better than anyone on the pitch apart from Hernandez but he would cost us that money too if he wasn’t 46 or something.[/QUOTE]
    An interesting and honest analysis Marcos of where we stand. Glad to have played my little part in there too

<laugh>

Marcos Barber likes this.
  8. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Marcos if we buy Clayton I think he makes a big difference especially experience wise. Know hes not everyones cup if tea but he knows how to drive a midfield forward & snap tackle. Yes he can crab but that was when he was last here, since then he got promotion with Norwich under a good manager and he got promotion with Karanka. Thats will be a £4m player, but we are desperate for someone with shooting boots as we missed chance after chance yesterday, we need a striker.

Nickwhite68 likes this.
  9. milkyboy

milkyboy Well-Known Member

Just seen the behind the goal shot of o’kane’s headbutt. The bizarrest ‘slow motion’ headbutt I’ve ever seen, he just sort of leaned into him casually. Guy milked it but doesn’t matter, it was unarguably a red... Cupid stunt.

10. Nickwhite68

Nickwhite68 Well-Known Member

An interesting and honest analysis Marcos of where we stand. Glad to have played my little part in there too

<laugh>[/QUOTE]
    Spot on Marcus wasn't you with the flash bang was it

11. Marcos Barber

<laugh>[/QUOTE]
    Certainly wasn’t a dig :emoticon-0148-yes: oddly, Ben and I were saying in the car on the way home that we quite like Championship football

davy likes this.
  12. Marcos Barber

Spot on Marcus wasn't you with the flash bang was it[/QUOTE]
    No mate, we were up top to your left (assuming you had away tickets). Got a couple of complimentary tickets in with the worzels. Quite a nice set of fans really with probably an older average age than we have. Saw one guy have a full on picnic at half time, even had a flask and, for the first time in my life, I actually saw someone take a paperback in with him that he was reading during the game. Maybe footie isn’t his thing but I thought he could have found somewhere a little warmer and quieter than a footie match to have a read <laugh>

On the flash bang, thought an effing bomb had gone off! Think some locals were less than impressed with our fans <diva>

Whitejock likes this.
  13. Marcos Barber

Totally agree but the point I was really making was a few carefully chosen 4 million pound players could make so much difference when you see how outstanding the likes of Jannson and Saiz look compared to Joe average Championship players.

wakeybreakyheart likes this.
  14. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Certainly wasn’t a dig :emoticon-0148-yes: oddly, Ben and I were saying in the car on the way home that we quite like Championship football[/QUOTE]
    Thats good cos the next few seasons wont be so much of a disappointment so <whistle><ok>

wakeybreakyheart likes this.
  15. xbpod

xbpod Well-Known Member

<laugh>[/QUOTE]
    Certainly wasn’t a dig :emoticon-0148-yes: oddly, Ben and I were saying in the car on the way home that we quite like Championship football[/QUOTE]

Must admit I liked it in league 1. Could get away tickets easy and had more fun with proper fans who were there to support their team come what may. Not just when they were doing well. Have not managed to get 1 ticket in the away end this season.

davy and Marcos Barber like this.
  16. Marcos Barber

Thats good cos the next few seasons wont be so much of a disappointment so <whistle><ok>[/QUOTE]
    That’s good cos it will save you having to think of anything else to moan about for the next few years <whistle><ok>

17. lifecheshirewhite

That’s good cos it will save you having to think of anything else to moan about for the next few years <whistle><ok>[/QUOTE]
    And glory won't have to change his match reports.<whistle>

18. Chippy / Glory

Chippy / Glory Senior Member

And glory won't have to change his match reports.<whistle>[/QUOTE]

What the **** have you done to the quotes

19. lifecheshirewhite

What the **** have you done to the quotes[/QUOTE]
    Not me it was Eire

Chippy / Glory likes this.
  20. Nickwhite68

Nickwhite68 Well-Known Member

No mate, we were up top to your left (assuming you had away tickets). Got a couple of complimentary tickets in with the worzels. Quite a nice set of fans really with probably an older average age than we have. Saw one guy have a full on picnic at half time, even had a flask and, for the first time in my life, I actually saw someone take a paperback in with him that he was reading during the game. Maybe footie isn’t his thing but I thought he could have found somewhere a little warmer and quieter than a footie match to have a read <laugh>

On the flash bang, thought an effing bomb had gone off! Think some locals were less than impressed with our fans <diva>[/QUOTE]
    No the big girl in white was going mental with the stewards at half time in front of where we were