1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Ipswich Town 0 v 1 Swansea City

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by Taffvalerowdy, Apr 20, 2019.

1. PGFWhite

PGFWhite Well-Known Member

Stop giving me hope!<laugh>

2. Taffvalerowdy

Taffvalerowdy Well-Known Member

Bloody hell - posted virtually at the exact same moment <yikes>

Great minds think alike .... or is it fools stick together <laugh>

DragonPhilljack likes this.
  3. PGFWhite

I’d say the former, but there’s a few on here who will disagree<laugh>

4. Taffvalerowdy

Dai and Vetch to name but 2 ...... <laugh>

5. PGFWhite

I meant everyone <laugh>

6. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

Good win but lets get real here, We are nowhere near good enough to go up this season and probably next season either as who wants to see us be whipping boys and losing most of our matches.....You know how fickle our young fans are as they start slating off the manager and players and that wont do the club any good and Potter will definitely go then.......We are building a tidy team here and we should give our chairman and potter time to get the club in a position where we can give a good account of ourselves and not rush into false hope thinking we are good enough for premiership football because we are nowhere near ready.....

7. Mono

Mono Well-Known Member

If we’re not good enough this season, we’ll be even weaker next season. Dan James will be gone for sure along with anyone else the owners can sell.
    I can see a Palace or someone of that ilk taking a look at Celina as well. That would kill our creativity completely.
    Connor Roberts...... who knows. It all depends on if anyone is interested in any of our players as everyone is for sale.

8. swanseaandproud

Sterieo nobody knows what is happening to our players.......How do you know we will be weaker ? Nobody thought we would be where we are today....I thought we were going down to League one before the season started <laugh> What happened ?........We are in the building mode and steading the club and we have done far better than was expected......Players come and go i'm afraid ..that's how it works... The premiership is a step to far at this time but we will aim for that in a couple more seasons of building. We are miles away yet but we will eventually get there......

9. When Swans are flying

When Swans are flying Well-Known Member

Just can’t see how our squad will be stronger at the moment the next season kicks off compared with now. It’s pitiful enough now, that’s without any possible further departures. Potter might not even be around to, if the squad is decimated again & our recruitment is of the ilk of the last 3 or 4 windows. To think we’re going to be prepared for Premier League football in ‘x’ amount of seasons is nonsense. These owners have displayed no interest in developing the team. So why do some people seem to think they’re sort of getting our ‘house in order’, to start doing so..

daimungeezer and swantastic like this.
  10. swanseaandproud

What rubbish you talk honestly....The progress the club has made in one season is phenomenal on and off the pitch.......You keep running our owners down for saving the club.....Why? You need a bit of realism because you really dont have a clue what is happening.....If the Americans were to say sod it the club is not worth the hassle then where would we be ? Under Jenkins we were paying out 83% in wages alone and with other costs we were paying more money out than was coming in and we would be a club no more as we would have gone into administration and who then would waste their money taking us on......We are very lucky the Americans are here saving our skins....

11. PGFWhite

It depends on what your definition of “progress” is.

12. glamexile

glamexile Well-Known Member

It was the least I could do. We all have to pull together :emoticon-0148-yes:

13. Taffvalerowdy

Top man!

14. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Matthew Bound Still Lurks Well-Known Member

Serious question ,what progress has the Club made this season and how do you measure that progress ? what I can see is a weaker squad who due to some great and not so good managerial / man management has held its own in this league, it doesn't take a genius to cut costs so do you have some inside information on how well the yanks are doing and just how progressive if not then I suggest you wait until the accounts are produced before making up more fairy tales , your middle name isn't Grimm by any chance <laugh>

Taffvalerowdy and daimungeezer like this.
  15. When Swans are flying

Haven’t mentioned, or heard anyone else for that matter, allude to the club being saved. What bit about “Saving the club”, have the owners actually carried out. It’s you & you only that’s keeps harping on about the Americans doing as such. They purchased a majority shareholding off members of the previous board. So how have they saved the club? That was almost 3 years ago & in the time elapsed since, we’ve lost our Premier League status, many a player, rightly or wrongly, our credibility as a well run model club & are living off a few experienced old heads, some talented kids & a cracking manager on his day. Season ticket sales have plummeted too, many won’t be back next season. What’s that an indication of??
    What bit about that have they saved?? I’m not so sure some of our better players will still be around come August. We hear nothing from the owners, nothing at all. Have they actually been across this season. Somebody correct me if they have. No hint of ambition or insight of what they’re planning for the future..

Know this striker you kept saying we needed early on in the season, as you didn’t fancy McBurnie. Are the saviours going to sign one at last, as it didn’t happen in January & wouldn’t be hopeful in the close season either. I don’t think they really give a monkeys about Swansea City, they’re just trying to protect their interests as far as the hedge fund is concerned.
    If you’re privy to information or insider knowledge to the forward plan of the Americans please share. I’m sure we will all be very interested.

Over to you...

16. PGFWhite

Steve Kaplan was over for the Birmingham game at St Andrews in August 2018 - that’s the last time either of them came over as far as I’m aware. I don’t think they’ve been to the Liberty this season, which is pretty shameful.

17. When Swans are flying

Cheers PGF..

To be fair, after that match you can maybe see why he’s not been back...<laugh>

Think we weren’t at our best that night, entertainment wise.

18. PGFWhite

It was pretty dire!<laugh>

neveroffsidereff likes this.
  19. swanseaandproud

Serious answer...If you dont know then you are not a swans supporter <doh>

20. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Matthew Bound Still Lurks Well-Known Member

OK so you don't know do you .