1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Ipswich bid £1m for Chopra

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by bluebird_nat, Jun 8, 2011.

1. H bomb

H bomb Active Member

ScumareJaxx - All that hatred and pent up anger cant be good for the soul....you need to find a release dude.
    A total of 9 posts, all of them on here and all of them complete ****e...and now your digging up 11 year old history and branding all of us the same. What a sad little troll your showing yourself to be. I do actually agree, as I think most of us would, that its out of order, however, in your case...

2. isawronnymoorescore

isawronnymoorescore Well-Known Member

apparantly they have upped the bid, cant see Jenkins accepting anything under 2.5mill for him, wouldnt suprise me if the Jacks try to get him either !! its about their price

3. scumarexxxx

scumarexxxx Member

Point taken.

4. H bomb

H bomb Active Member

<ok>

5. BluefromBridgend

BluefromBridgend Well-Known Member

Well dealt with H Bomb. <ok>

Time will tell as to whether or not your comments struck home and the point was well and truly taken.

6. scumarexxxx

scumarexxxx Member

No probs, try and stay up this year !

7. H bomb

H bomb Active Member

Back on topic (ish) -

I don't know the full details of the Ranson connection but does anyone know if any transfer fee we received for Chopra would go to them and/or Sunderland? (if WoL is to be believed (haha couldn't resist that one))

8. DaiJones

DaiJones Well-Known Member

I don't think we will know the finer details but for sure I think that our board and Jenkins will do what is best for Cardiff City.

I've never felt so good about the prospects for OUR team, since I started following City in 1969 we have gone through Boom & Bust, either selling our best players to pay the bills of spending like there is no tomorrow. At last it seems that we have a sensible streak right in the heart of our organisation.

:emoticon-0148-yes:

9. H bomb

H bomb Active Member

hell yeah!! I started in '73 so I'm with you on that one mate.

10. Swamp

Swamp Well-Known Member

11. Rushmere

Rushmere Member

Town fan in peace...

Have read my way through the thread and there seems to be a definite split between keeping him and letting him go. That said, you do all seem to think that the £1.5m offer (currently) is far below his market value.

Not sure if we should be put off by those who want him out or encouraged by those who want him to stay.... are there two Chopras?

12. mjw6150

mjw6150 Member

I am sure 70% of football fans don't let the facts get in the way of a good story ;)

13. H bomb

H bomb Active Member

Hi Rushmere, We've definately seen two Chopra's. The one we signed and the slightly larger, egotistical drunk we have now. A new manager and/or club could maybe turn him around but I'm in the 'Get shot for however much we can' camp. Given how close we came last year, his on and off-field attitude has blackened his name with a lot of Bluebirds. Value wise, I think he (and any other player) is only worth whatever their clubs can get for them but if it's £1.5m then it's better than letting his contract run down and getting nothing.

Just my opinion of course but sorry if this doesn't help much <ok>

14. Rushmere

Rushmere Member

Thanks H Bomb. Looks like whoever gets him (or keeps him) is going to be taking a big chance - good guy / bad guy?

15. CityAce

CityAce Member

Rushmere, I originally put this on an Ipswich thread so have done a cut and paste job but heres my thoughts.

Personally I dont want him to go although I seem to be in the overwhelming minority. End of the day if you can get this lads head & fitness right he's a potential 20 goal a season machine and I cant see where else you can buy this for £1.5m.

However, he has his issues. Gambling being one of them, is back up to Newcastle whenever he gets the chance, likes his beer (he was one of the players out on the piss a few days before our P/O semi final).
    His attitude has been questioned as well. As possibly his biggest issue is his weight

Final Verdict - Hit or Miss, there will be no middle ground with Chopra he will either be a goal scoring machine or a useless fatty with a bad attitude.

Also seems to be one of the most disliked players in the league with the opposition.

16. Blue Prophet

Blue Prophet Active Member

A fit motivated Choprais a bargain at £1.5m...........the trouble with Chops, is if he gets injured he gets bored very quickly, he's down the pub and his weight balloons, and then he struggles to lose weight when he's over his injury, a new challenge, under a new manager could be just what he needs.

With the benefit of a full pre - season and his head straight £1.5 mill is a snip <ok>