1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Ipswich bid £1m for Chopra

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by bluebird_nat, Jun 8, 2011.

1. bluebird_nat

bluebird_nat Member

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13688443.stm

Personally i don't think we should let him go. He's a proven goal scorer for us and although he didn't play that well this season we know he will come good again.

Also £1m is a shocking bid he is definatly worth more than that!! To sell him to another championship side would just be wrong!

<party> (this icon has nothing to do with the article i just like it :emoticon-0140-rofl:)

2. Swamp

Swamp Well-Known Member

a complete joke bid of course, but i cant see what chopra would gain from moving to a team less likely to win promotion anyway, weve got a new manager coming so even if they did decide to pay anywhere near what he's worth i doubt he would want to leave.

3. Edo1990

Edo1990 Member

1m is a joke but i havent really been impressed with chopra this season so i wouldnt mind him leaving! but saying that 1m for a 20 goal a season striker, (which he is capable of doing) is a complete joke! if graham is worth 3.5 then chopra is worth at least 3 as chops can hit 20 easy!

4. mjw6150

mjw6150 Member

1m plus Wickham? :p

I'd rather have Earnie than Chopra but he is definitely worth more than £1m, at least £2.5m!

5. bissmit

bissmit Member

I t is a joke bid, and I guess Ipswich know they wont get him for that but you have to try, keep him I say, he will get us goals again

6. Crackerjack

Crackerjack Active Member

Until it's known what Bellamy's doing , Chopra is the mainstay of your offense & must be held on to . As for the 1 million bid .... I thought I was funny !!

7. Sayer77

Sayer77 Active Member

A fit Chopra would be my first name on the teamsheet. He was injured and asked to play out of position last season.

8. PhatFrog

PhatFrog Member

He also went out drinking the night before the Barnsley game (he was injured next game) and he was out drinking before the Boro game. Attitude stinks. Get rid.

9. DaiJones

DaiJones Well-Known Member

I'm with PhatFrog, get rid.

10. Blue Prophet

Blue Prophet Active Member

I can't see anything happening until the new manager has had chance to assess the players, if he can get Chops fit and interested keep him. If he can't, well maybe we will be better off without him.......I hope the management would hold on for more than £1m.......and have a replacement lined up before they let him go though <ok>

11. Blue Prophet

Blue Prophet Active Member

Or the new guy could just assess them once <doh>

12. H bomb

H bomb Active Member

Agree Proph. New manger (my little tribute to BBCWales Sport), fresh start, clean slate....if he doesn't want/rate them then thanks but cya!

13. ccfcrt0p

ccfcrt0p Member

1 mil are they having a laugh. Didn&#8217;t we have this at the start of last season too with Ipswich, although admittedly it was all rumours last season? I am sure the figure doing the rounds less than 12 month ago was 3 mil times may have changed but not that much.

As for Chops a decent bid and I would let him go then get in a free Earnie to replace him good bit of business.

14. H bomb

H bomb Active Member

apparently, the only way we'd get Earnie is if our board want to continue to live beyond their means :)....gotta love the trees.

15. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

Are ipswich mad or what, chopra is awful and a huge liability to any club, if cardiff can get a million pound for an over weight lazy has been then thats good business. whoever takes fatty on had better be prepared for him to get into trouble and miss loads of games..<party><party><party>:shocked::shocked::shocked:

16. ccfcrt0p

ccfcrt0p Member

Despite every thing you just said at a mill he would be a bargain for his goals ratio at this level about 42 goals in 90 odd starts for city that not bad going for a player with all the problems you mention.

17. DaiJones

I think 1.5 mill and he's gone add his high wage bill, City are trying to put our wage rates to where they should be.

Me.. I'd let him go withg a free case of Gin

18. ccfcrt0p

ccfcrt0p Member

Its good to see the club are getting the high wages down we have had a problem with that for a few years now. I can remember when Kav was on his way to Warnock&#8217;s Sheff U and the move fell down because as Warnock said at the time " he could have 3 top players for the wages we were paying Kav". This season highlighted the fact along with Blackpool last year you don&#8217;t need high profile players on massive wages to do a job. You need a good team spirit and a manager that can get the best out of every player.

19. DaiJones

Well said that young man !

20. MabonJack

MabonJack New Member

Rhondda

How long has he dot left on his contract??