1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

International Racing

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by Cyclonic, Sep 14, 2016.

1. Cyclonic

Cyclonic Well Hung Member

Prix du Jockey Club.

2. Cyclonic

It's sad to see a champion pull up stumps in any sport. One such champion is the two time winner of the Prix d'Amerique, Bold Eagle. In trotting a horse is not allowed to race past the season of it's tenth year. Below he competes for the second last time in a mile race, a distance much too short for him. he's in the red, black arm bands and yellow cap. He finishes third to the brilliant, rising star Jet Drole who leads throughout and wins in an extremely fast time.

Bold Eagle will have his final run at Mons on August 2.

The winner here is something special. Jet Drole and Face Time Bourbon are the ones to beat in anything enter.

https://www.letrot.com/fr/replay-courses/2020-07-05/0202/6

SwanHills likes this.
  3. Cyclonic

Congrats to young Cieren Fallon, son of Kieren, on winning his first G1, the July Cup.

No 6, Pink.

SwanHills likes this.
  4. Cyclonic

And there's always another way to do the dosh. Rivercros Road Rvf checks out. (Prize money is great in the US. $27,000 for a Maiden.)

5. Cyclonic

Is Pinatubo proving to be a sprinter?

SwanHills likes this.
  6. Cyclonic

From last weekend. In Swoop winning the German Derby. An awful call though.

7 from the outside, gate 14. Maroon, blue sleeves & black cap. A white blaze down face.

SwanHills likes this.
  7. SwanHills

SwanHills Well-Known Member

Maybe Boris is still sulking about Ghiayyan in the Eclipse? Even stooped to calling some of us (me, for sure, not being paranoid either) "2-bob Johahs". I took exception to this comment because, although I have certainly never been an expert and was abroad during my working career for many months at a time, I was watching horseracing long before he ever thought about the sport. Also, spent my early days in the Kingston-on-Thames area (11-years-old and onwards) where we had a few of the best tracks in the land, namely Sandown Park, Kempton, and the dear old frying-pan track, Hurst Park, now sadly closed for many years. Epsom, Ascot, Lingfield, and Windsor not so far away either.

Sorry, rant over, but he gets my goat sometimes, which he intends doing most of the time.

P.S. Uncle Chuck does look good, but you're right, his opinion is a damn sight better than mine, although the Kentucky Derby has been a lucky race for me in the past. Have not looked at it this year though.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2020
  8. SwanHills

SwanHills Well-Known Member

Agree, Face Time Bourbon is a brilliant trotter, Cyc, and, as you say, still young for harness racing. <applause>

Cyclonic likes this.
  9. Cyclonic

Persian King's G1 Prix d'Ispahan.

10. Cyclonic

Richard Hannon's Ventura Tormenta ventured to Chantilly for the G2 Darley Prix Robert Papin. It was a cracking event to watch. The plan going into the race was tp apply the blowtorch to the odds on favourite The Lir Jet. Ventura Tormenta has the inside gate and The Lir Jet, the outside stall.

11. Cyclonic

GRAND PRIX DE VICHY. G3. Spirit of Nelson.

12. Cyclonic

Has Magical matured enough to bridge the gap between herself and Enable?

13. Cyclonic

He's certainly a fine horse. I suppose if Strad and Enable clashed in the Arc, Frankie would stick with the mare.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2020
  14. Cyclonic

I don't know what to make of the Nassau. Fancy Blue had a nice solid win in the end, but it was a strange old race. With 2 furlongs to run you could have thrown a blanket over the entire field, which is generally not a good sign. I was beginning to wonder if there was going to be a massed finish. Thankfully things looked a bit brighter by the time they reached the line. I have feeling that many of them are now a light of another day.

What to make of One Voice? Buggered if I know. I've been reading comments on other forums suggesting she needs to be dropped back to shorter races, but in the Nassau she was seen doing her best work on the line. My immediate thought was, give her an extra furlong. I have no idea what to make of her.

15. Cyclonic

I joined this site in March of 2011, before that, I'd spent a few years on the old BBC606 forum. So all up, I reckon I've been closely following UK racing for about 12 years or so. In that time, I don't think I seen a better sprinter in that part of the world than Battaash. He's a serious horse. <applause>

SwanHills likes this.
  16. Cyclonic

According to US racing sites, Saratoga is often referred to as the "graveyard of champions." It proved as much yesterday when the 5s on shot, Midnight Bisou, bit the dust in the G1 Personal Ensign. The champion went down after a titanic battle with Vexatious. Midnight Bisou's rider fired in a protest claiming the winner forced him wide down the running. Stewards quickly ruled it made no difference to the result and threw the objection in the bin. The winner earns a walk up start to the Breeders' Cup Distaff.

17. Cyclonic

The new trotting superstar of Europe, if not the world, Face Time Bourbon easily takes out the Grand Prix de Wallonia in Belgium. The old warrior Bold Eagle has now reached an age where the rules of racing have forced him into retirement in Europe. He can can contest races in the US though, but it thought the champ will be consigned to the breeding barn. Face Time Bourbon is No7. Bold Eagle, No3.

https://www.canalturf.com/resultats-PMU/2020-08-02/mons-ghlin/216273_grand-prix-de-wallonie.html

18. Cyclonic

After coming off an 18L win last time out in the G1 Acorn Stakes, Gamine makes a mess of the G1 Test Stakes. There are huge raps on the filly in the US.

19. Cyclonic

The 3 year old Ramona Hill became just the 15th filly in 95 years to win the opening leg of the US Trotting Triple Crown, the $1,000,000 Hambletonion Final at the Medowlands Racetrack in New Jersey. She starts from gate 5.

SwanHills likes this.
  20. Cyclonic

SwanHills likes this.