1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic International Break Thread

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by PleaseNotPoll, Nov 7, 2016.

1. SpursDisciple

SpursDisciple Booking: Mod abuse - overturned on appeal
    Forum Moderator

I agree. The night after a game, he was injured for the next game. If I get angry about this story it's towards our gutter press for their attempts to undermine our National team (unsuccessfully - but it was still the aim).

Lovearsenalcock likes this.
  2. My feelings exactly, lads. There is a huge dose of so what? about this non-story.

The only thing that does bother me is the idea that the FA bigwigs will sack some young lad for being dragged along on a booze binge by someone he looks up to, whereas Rooney - who earns more in one year than the poor lad will ever earn in his entire life - will be giving nothing more than a mild ticking-off.

3. littleDinosaurLuke

littleDinosaurLuke Well-Known Member

Southgate has the perfect opportunity to ditch Rooney now though - and I think he will.

As I've posted before, Rooney's best bet, in the twilight of his career, is to retire from international football and to accept that he will be used more sparingly in club games. When he does play, he has a better chance of being fit and firing.

4. Let's hope so, Little Luke. I can't understand how or why Rooney has had a cult built around him. He has been a great player for England, but the game has moved on, and England has stood still with Rooney. We're not going to move forward with him still considered Top Dog. Big Sam's "no one tells Rooney where to play" gaff probably still runs deep within the bowels of the FA.

5. Spurf

Spurf Thread Mover
    Forum Moderator

He's been great for England? Not since his first tournament IMO he has put in some awful performances for England.

6. humanbeingincroydon

humanbeingincroydon Well-Known Member

When?

remembercolinlee likes this.