1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Ins, Outs, Rumours & Tosh. Summer 2019.

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by Walsh.i.am, Feb 20, 2019.

1. RiverEndRick

RiverEndRick Well-Known Member

I read Celtic were offering £10k per week, but you may be right. I'd guess the £20k was a negotiating ploy. Around £15k per week in a PL squad seems reasonable. I seem to remember us paying Canos that when he came from Liverpool.

As for Sonny Kittel, it wouldn't seem that he has the commitment we're looking for if he did miss his flight and then settled for lower tier football with Hamberg.

zogean_king and JM Fan like this.
  2. Forgot_My_Lines

Forgot_My_Lines Well-Known Member

Excited about Turnbull possible signing.

Free-kicks, Pens, long shots, composed, creative, good touch, flair.

He looks very Norwich City.

zogean_king and JM Fan like this.
  3. General Melchett

General Melchett Well-Known Member

To be fair it could be a ploy from his agent to push Celtics offer up, or he might just want to play at a higher level, with that said, whilst City now have an enviable reputation for playing youngsters, I actually think his chances of first team footy would be better with them. Its a lower level of football and whilst he could be being bought for £3m, making him one of City's most expensive recent signings it will offer him no guarantees to get in the first XI.
    But with that £3m fee and the knowledge he is one of our more expensive aquisitions I think he would certainly be looking to get salary parity with the first team average. Whether that is >£15k p/w may dictate what we are offering. With us though I imagine much like with promotion we will have fairly generous bonuses relating to survival and improved league position and that could swing it.

Bah!

4. Forgot_My_Lines

Forgot_My_Lines Well-Known Member

5. chinacanary

chinacanary Well-Known Member

canary-dave and RiverEndRick like this.
  6. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

Drat - The Canaries loo'ked to have moved into pole position, following the collapse of a proposed switch to Celtic, after reports in Scotland claimed the Premier League new boys had agreed a £3.25m fee. City are interested in the attacking midfielder but no talks have taken place with Turnbull or his representatives. The 19-year-old is expected to discuss a potential move south with a number of clubs in England over the coming days.
    Championship duo Sheffield Wednesday and Bristol City have both been strongly linked with the highly-rated midfielder, while Southampton had been mooted as a possible rival for his signature. Turnbull was reportedly absent on Wednesday as the rest of Motherwell's squad returned for pre-season training. But speculation he was in Norwich to agree personal terms and undergo a medical are wide of the mark.

https://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/norwich-city/canaries-david-turnbull-transfer-battle-1-6115340

7. RiverEndRick

Yes, Paddy is certainly being cautious about this, but there's nothing new in what he says except that there haven't been any talks (yet). Things could be difficult if Southampton match or exceed our offer, which is the only one which has been accepted by Motherwell (other than Celtic's). As of now, we're still in pole position and hopefully progress will be made soon.

JM Fan likes this.
  8. Canary Spring

Canary Spring Well-Known Member

Turnbull wanted a guarantee of first team football which, apparently, Celtic wouldn't give him. City won't give him that either. It's a strange case, IMO, that a 19yo player who just had a season like he had in the SPL is relatively unknown outside of Scotland and is only attracting bids of £3.25mil.

9. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

<doh>

10. robbieBB

robbieBB Well-Known Member

Turnbull wants first team football, but not necessarily with the club who sign him. He can't expect to be a guaranteed starter at any EPL or top Championship club, any more than at Celtic. But if he signs for us he will know that a clear pathway to the first team will be created for him, most likely involving first team football elsewhere initially. From our point of view there must be a question mark over his suitability in terms of attitude. There's a big difference between belief in one's ability to the extent of being confident of proving oneself to be good enough, and belief in one's ability to the extent of demanding immediate recognition of it. That was a lesson Maddison had to learn, and did; Turnbull should maybe have a chat with him.

11. Canary Spring

Agree 100% with that sentiment. :emoticon-0148-yes:

Rich44 likes this.
  12. Canary Spring

I feel the same way. If I owned a club, even Messi wouldn't get a guarantee like that. The player would get every chance to earn it, but not have it given.

JM Fan and canary-dave like this.
  13. Canary Rob

Canary Rob Well-Known Member

I’m beginning to feel that we are not going to get this one tbh.

JM Fan likes this.
  14. Rich44

Rich44 Well-Known Member

£100m ought to do it

15. zogean_king

zogean_king Well-Known Member

But negotiate, start at 150 million!

Rich44 likes this.
  16. Walsh.i.am

Walsh.i.am Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

JM Fan likes this.
  17. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

ONLY 7 weeks until the Transfer Window shuts and 7 weeks tomorrow until we take on the mighty Liverpool!! <yikes>

zogean_king likes this.
  18. Walsh.i.am

Walsh.i.am Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Hanging on to Max - and the rest of the rock steady crew would be the best transfer window NCFC could wish for <ok>

RiverEndRick and zogean_king like this.
  19. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

#SoSayAllOfUs

20. RiverEndRick

DF takes a more positive view on Turnbull this morning:

https://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city...erwell-midfielder-they-are-best-fit-1-6115210

I don't think we should jump to conclusions about his ambitions. I'm sure Jamal, Max, Ben and Todd are just as ambitious and we're telling them to stay here rather than sit in the reserves at a bigger club. Turnbull has to make that same judgement on whether to move up or stay where he is.

What we have to offer is a first team squad with four ex academy players getting game time under a youth oriented head coach in a system designed to fast track young players. Either he buys into that or not.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2019