1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Innjuries and development call ups

Discussion in 'Bristol Rovers' started by Captain Jack Sparrow, Apr 9, 2018.

1. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Sinclair and Partington are out for the rest of the season with their injuries. We have a few others in the treatment room too. With that in mind and the fact that we wont make the play offs, I am glad DC is looking at giving some players a go from the development side. He said last week that he will have to rely on some of the development side in the remaining games this season, to do their bit and step up due to injuries. Also DC said in his post match interview following Charlton that he will repay the club for setting up the development side by using these players more next season instead of relying on loans who can cost money and may not improve the side. DC wants us to promote our own players like we have with Harrison, Clarke, Lines and Lockyer.

So far this season, we have seen Alexis Andre, Rollin Menayese, Kenan Dunwald, Luke Russe and Michael Kelly get some game time in the 1st team. Cameron Hargreaves has been on the bench a couple of times too recently and Alfie Kilgour has been on the bench on the odd occasion this season too. I think it will only be a matter of time before they both get some minutes under their belts before the end of this season.

There are some other players who will be licking their lips for next season, possibly hoping to get a chance in the last 5 games this season. The likes of Lewis Ellington, Rhys Kavanagh and a recent addition to the development side Kris Owens, who looks like a great prospect according to reports that I have been reading.

We also have youth players that will join the development side. The likes of James Spruce and Tom Mehew will be future starts from what I have been hearing.

The future certainly looks bright for us with the potential that we have coming from our youth ranks and from the development team and I am glad we will be using them instead of youth loans from Prem or Championship sides that struggle to get game time with us but end up using a space on the bench instead of one of our own who surely would benefit more from the 1st team match day experience.

2. old timer

old timer Well-Known Member

CJS like you I am hoping for some of the younger players to get game time, people are saying that some of our remaining games are very tough but if you only give these youngster easy games we will never know if they are going to be good enough. It will also give an incentive to any future Lingard or Stones who might think that he would be better off going to a premier club rather than the Rovers because he would have a better chance of first team football
    Just read the report of todays victory against Swindon in the development league, there were two trialist,s but only one played

Last edited: Apr 10, 2018
  3. Gastronomic

Gastronomic Well-Known Member

The kids that have come in so far have done really well, and it's good to see.

4. Delsy

Delsy Active Member

I wonder if Lewis will be rebranded by the Home faithfull ! :emoticon-0159-music