1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Inner city

Discussion in 'The Premier League' started by Commachio, Aug 18, 2019.

1. Commachio

Commachio Rambo 2021

Or the Suburbs, or Rural?

Where you live, and what do you prefer?

I wouldn't mind living in a city ctr, may be a bad idea like.

In the country no thanks, i'd go insane.

2. Skylarker

Skylarker PL High Commissioner

I've settled for middle ground. Weymouth is a nice seaside town, not too big but not small.

Lived in a few cities in the UK over the years, notably Liverpool and London. Also lived in various shanty towns etc. abroad.

Not too fussed myself as I can slot in anywhere but I'm glad I'm bringing my son up where I am. Decent place for kids and family stuff.

PINKIE likes this.
  3. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

The country smells nicer tbh.

4. Commachio

Commachio Rambo 2021

i lived and worked in thai for years, often in the sticks like where ginge lives, and every day i was like get me the **** out.

middle grounds seems a good choice

Skylarker likes this.
  5. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

<laugh><laugh>

6. Commachio

Commachio Rambo 2021

waiting for ant and dec

7. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

I live in the country, and grew up in the city. I don't think one is particularly better or worse than the other . It depends what sort of lifestyle you want. You either work hard for your goals or you don't, it doesn't really matter where you are.

8. I'm about eight miles from Central London. If I had family I could live in the country but it's not something I'd fancy on my own. Happy enough with things as they are anyway :)

9. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

I’ve lived in Cities, large and small towns, villages and rural.

I couldn’t do City life again, just the noise, and the constant light, no thanks. My preference is village life where you know your neighbours, it’s quiet, peaceful, pretty, clean and safe.

HRH Custard VC and PINKIE like this.
  10. Libby

Libby 9-0

I live in a City, albeit a smaller one, but would move to Cornwall if I could.

HRH Custard VC and PINKIE like this.

11. Tel (they/them)

Tel (they/them) Sucky’s Bailiff

City freaks would just turn me into a psychotic murderer. State of the ****ing greebos and hipsters that walk around Manchester these days, you can’t walk 5 paces without seeing another freak in this city.

I don’t want a transgender anorexic butterfly to give me a fade, I want to go to a home boy for that ****, where he’s gonna charge me £7.50 and offer me a beer while I wait, instead of a HIV-Frappe.

12. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

Grew up in Salford suburbs, more or less equidistant between there and Bolton. The No.8 conveniently ran between Manchester and Bolton, Manchester is closer and way more interesting. Went to a Salford primary and a Bolton borough secondary (because it was at that time a grammar school).

Never had any ambition to live in the city though, or even somewhere like the Quays.

Lived city centre here (Swansea) but it's more of a mid size town compared to what I'm used to. Also lived in Neath for a year or so and that was an experience!

Now again live suburbs, borderline rural if you drive in a certain direction.

The defining thing for me is the coast. I couldn't live not being able to look out to sea.

13. Sweats

Sweats Fat lives matter
    Forum Moderator

I live close to the city centre. 20 min walk. But I live near nice parks and the racecourse and the river.

I couldn’t live in a big city. Can’t stand the volume of people. Not quite ready for village life just yet. Though long term plan is to move to the coast. Been keeping my eye on prices around Bournemouth. Don’t want to live in Bournemouth just near to it.

Tobes likes this.
  14. Archers Road

Archers Road Urban Spaceman

Civilised people live in Cities. Backwards types live in the sticks. Golfers live in the suburbs.

Sucky likes this.
  15. Big Ern

Big Ern Lord, Master, Guru & Emperor

16. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

From age of 3 until going to University lived within 2 miles from Filbert St ... now live in rural Hertfordshire and whilst I love going back to Leicester, and the majority of the extended family still live there, I wouldn't go back to living in the city through choice.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2019
  17. brb

brb CR250

I live out in the countryside, surrounded by farm land and wild life. It's nice to wake up in the morning, sun shining, the beauty of the hedgerows and call of wildlife. Nice to go for a long walk through the many winding country lanes, in the spring as the blossom arrives, in the summer blackberry picking, and in the Autumn fall. Rabbits out running and songbirds are calling. The winters can be harsh being so far from urban life, snow drifts can be huge, but with the back drop of the local church, it makes for wonderful Christmas cards when I go out with my camera, to develop the most wonderful scenes. Hence why i love walking so much! The kids used to love it too, being able to go out on horses from the near-by stables and for the younger ones donkey rides, and during harvest time, getting the ocassional tractor ride. Hope all the doxxers have been able to pinpoint me on the map, so they can see the wonderful beauty I am surrorunded by. Nothing better than taking a stroll to a little country pub only a mile away....white wine, with ice and a cherry on top please.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2019
    DerekTheMole and Tobes like this.
  18. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

^^^^ Hippie

brb likes this.
  19. The Ginger Marks

As a younger man I preferred the bright lights, concerts and the London scene. However in my mid thirties I moved out to the countryside and preferred the lifestyle.

20. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

Gay.

brb likes this.