1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Injury update 2022/2023

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by LuisDiazgamechanger, Sep 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LuisDiazgamechanger

Hodgson needs to flex his muscles and show that he is capable of doing some damage.England Manager:1980_boogie_down:

2. moreinjuredthanowen

its simple... it was pay back for the perceived snub at anfield.

In short sturridge needs a good kicking and got one for going and doing it and frankly when every other club can pull guys form a menaingless stupid friendly we should have too.

rodgers should have agreed 45mins or something with the guy but failing that should then have pulled him.

Its only going to be when LFC have actual options that this can be done. FOr years we suffered idiocy form torres and gerrard. I can say for sure ferguson never suffered it cos he pulled guys all the time.

3. DirtyFrank

DirtyFrank Well-Known Member

Clarification: not confusing the two separate injuries but.......it's an established fact that if you play through an existing injury you risk (other than inflaming original injury further) secondary injuries because you alter, balance , gait , favouring legs etc to compensate

Now both managers risked him but one paid millions for him and played him in games of consequence the other paid nothing, in a nothing game and could wander off and pick someone else if he screwed him up totally.

The reaction was for both parts of his admission.

1) any one who'd deliberately play an injured player based only on seeing if he has bottle belongs in the last century & should not have responsibility for a conference team never mind a national one.

2) insisting on adding that he'd not apologise. That shows he thinks he can do what he likes and risk what he likes in some immature power game with other people's multi million pound investment and it's clear that if he's arrogant enough to say this to us he most certainly hinted or downright stated to sturridge that his place in the England team was at stake if he didn't play.

So for the safety of all our teams players and yes a little vindictive sense of karma, I hope he sustains an injury himself that rules him out of taking the team to the world cup. See how he likes it.

The man doesn't belong in coaching, he belongs in a retirement home.

4. I agree with what you're saying but aren't friendlies restricted to six or seven subs nowadays? To stop teams fielding a second team in the second half like we did under Sven? Woy can't agree on 45mins with all players.

5. I'd say it shows he knows what he did was wrong but he doesn't want to admit to it.

6. Page_Moss_Kopite

Page_Moss_Kopite Well-Known Member

Hodgson has a bee in his bonnet about us sacking him and him not getting a seat in the directors box a few games back, yep he's got his own interests as England manager to take care of but he has never as far as I can remember treated other clubs with the same contempt.

The old twat should be kicked up to the TV gantry and get a head full of pidgeon **** the next time he visits Anfield, maybe then he'll show us respect<grr>

7. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

Apologise for what?

He was patently asked if he'd apologise for playing the lad & he's given an honest answer, as he doesn't agree that he's done anything wrong.

The fact that the player wasn't kept out of any game post his return, backs up his point.

I could understand your ire if the 2 month lay off was a direct result of Woy playing him for 90 mins, but you're having a pop at him over nothing imo.

8. Page_Moss_Kopite

So you can say with certainty that the LFC medical staff are wrong?

And that as frank points out playing with one injury can lead to another?

9. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

Wrong about what?

He was not training because of a thigh strain, he's done his ankle ligaments last week - not even a kopite could tie the 2 together ffs.

10. Page_Moss_Kopite

So doctor tobes, is it possible to compensate for the thigh strain by changing your gait or how you land after going up for a header which could lead to a possible problem with your ankle ligaments?

Just asking.

11. DirtyFrank

DirtyFrank Well-Known Member

And even if you take the injuries out of it since not even physios can prove or indeed predict (this is why they advise not to play through injuries) whether one caused the other.

You keep pointing to LFC, as I said before WE risk him playing in agreement with the player as we bought him, we pay his wages and it'll be us who has to buy his replacement if we crock him permanently.

Hodgeson through arrogance, bitterness or both took all that risk with a young players career and had no consequences to face up to if it had gone wrong. His attitude leads me to believe he made his opinions clear to the player which means he threatened him , however subtlely with play or maybe no world cup on the grounds of "show me you want it" the fact he sees nothing wrong with his behaviour shows clearly why he doesn't belong in modern sport.

The fact that he got away with it is irrelevant. He might not next time, and it might be your player next time. But by all means Tobes if you would accept that treatment of your players with a shrug of the shoulders that's your call although your club even more so than ours can Ill afford to have a man risk an asset you have little enough of to prove his or the players manliness in some 1970's nonsense.

The man's a prick and I hope we now cooperate as little as humanly possible with him.

12. He had a thigh strain and Woy played him anyway. That is the the issue IMO. The following injury is not linked IMO but that doesn't mean Woy isn't a cock head for playing him!!! Equally, Sturridge for playing although that is more understandable (but still wrong) as he wants to not only play football, but play for his country too.

13. Red Hadron Collider

Red Hadron Collider The Hammerhead

Agreed.

14. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

<laugh>

Oh **** off page, that sounds like something off rawk, you're more sensible than that ffs mate.

15. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

If you pull my finger I fart. :tongue:

16. Page_Moss_Kopite

<laugh>

Its a valid point though isn't it?

Its not like he went to join up with the England squad with a thigh strain and came back to the club a dose of herpes.<grr>

17. Red Hadron Collider

Red Hadron Collider The Hammerhead

From a physiological perspective, it's certainly feasible <ok>

18. Prince Knut

Prince Knut GC Thread Terminator

Yes, bouffant-headed old kiddy-fiddler. Hope next time he comes to Anfield we stick him in the broom cupboard below the stands again, and this time keep the ****er there. Seriously, I hope he ****ing stays away from Anfield, as though this injury isn't down to Woy, as you say, that's more by luck than design. Just hope from now until Brazil Brendan finds some obtuse, Giggs-like reason to keep Studge out of Woy's Takeshi Castle tests.

19. Prince Knut

Prince Knut GC Thread Terminator

Yes it is, btw. Ruud Gullit reckoned that when he did his knee/thigh in it led to two years of related injuries from hip to back, to calves and ankles, in compensating for the original. that said, it probably was nothing to do with it, but.... people are missing the issue. In a FRIENDLY, not only did he get Gerrard to play unnecessarily with an injection, but he also, as some twatty test of loyalty-cum-trial-by-fire DELIBERATELY RISKED THE LONG-TERM FITNESS OF AN INJURED PLAYER!!! <steam>

Despite the sycophantic ramblings of martin Samuel on the subject that I posted on the board at the time, there is no way this ****er should EVER be trusted with our players again. I so ****ing pray we get to the FA cup final and play an injured Studge from the subs' bench Sturridge in the last ten minutes, even though we're 3-0 up, and he gets an unrelated injury that keeps him out of the WC, just so we can hear Woy whine that it was unnecessary, and Brendan can retort that he was testing his resolve. Love to see what Lardarse Samuel will say about that one.

Ban Woy from Anfield.

20. LuisDiazgamechanger

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.