1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Injured players (?)

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by Bob the slob, Aug 27, 2017.

1. Bob the slob

Bob the slob Well-Known Member

seabreeze likes this.
  2. seabreeze

seabreeze Well-Known Member

This will be the 2nd time ,I think, that Ki's first training after injury was for Korea . I don't really like it but it is what it is

3. Stumpy

Stumpy Well-Known Member

He doesn't get knocks only major injuries it seems and he gets injured either training or playing for SK. Can't stop him playing for his country, hopefully this time he'll get some game time with them which will help, and us, in the long run.

4. Bob the slob

Bob the slob Well-Known Member

I really expected Ki to take his chance and step up this season - the perfect opportunity to cement his status by replacing Sigurdsson (I believe he has the talent); but he'll come back unfit and under prepared.
    Last season it was down to him deciding to postpone military service in order to play in a friendly later in the summer even though he'd been given early leave.
    He has twice returned to Korea without club permission to have treatment or recuperate.
    He and his father have claimed medical facilities in Korea are better for his recovery than here (they're obviously not great as they keep recurring). ' Ki told Laudrup that he would like to treat his injury in the Korean National Medical Centre as he precisely judged the facilities there are much better than those at the club.'
    And, decided he'd absent himself (claiming injury) to attend a family event.
    Guidolin and Laudrup found his attitude questionable with Laudrup in particular had the measure of the man.

'The contract made by both Ki and Swansea includes a clause that the player will be guaranteed to play the least 20 games as a starter which Ki himself wanted and included.
    The Chelsea game was his 20th game playing as a starter, and this is the game he resulted in heavy injury on his thigh. 'However, Laudrup mistakenly believed that Ki was trying to make a lame excuse after his 20th game of him being starter so as to slack off as much as he can.'

https://rokerreport.sbnation.com/2014/1/22/5333840/ki-sung-yueng-laudrup-sunderland-swansea-future

At Sunderland he missed their final 6 games with a sore knee. (I'd forgotten it was only during their final games without him they gained 13 points and only lost to us).
    At Celtic he managed to play international games after spells out with soft injuries.

Players get injuries but compare his attitude with that of Nathan Dyer, Chico Flores, Jefferson Montero even and maybe it is time to give up on him.

seabreeze likes this.
  5. ValleyGraduate12

ValleyGraduate12 Aberdude's Puppet
    Forum Moderator

Should have shipped him out along with Montero this summer.

6. trundles left foot

trundles left foot Well-Known Member

I am with you on this would have been gone over a year ago for me, gives us absolutely nothing, would have preferred to have kept Cork and let Ki go.

7. ValleyGraduate12

ValleyGraduate12 Aberdude's Puppet
    Forum Moderator

I'd have shipped out Ki, Grimes, Fulton, Montero and Barrow before Cork.