1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Independant Football Ombudsman judgement...

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by originallambrettaman, Aug 18, 2017.

1. Obadiah

Obadiah Well-Known Member

Depends on which member of CTWD you mean? I think one of the CTWD Committee had a big say in what happened, but I don't think he posted on here.

I remember Dutch was the only one on here making a stink about the move, with me playing a small supporting role.

The evictions were an early indication of what was to come.

If my memory isn't playing tricks on me James Mooney made a number of statements about it being the place for singers who wanted to stand. As we know from the past few seasons that is exactly what happened. Most people in the North stand and sing. Although not always, sometimes we don't sing when we play crap and lose. We remaining standing though.

DMD likes this.
  2. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

This is all correct.

3. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

It's history now, and sadly it all gets fogged up, as some try to claim there was no CTWD at that time, so it means few if any lessons are learned and others suffer as a consequence.

There were certainly some that had hoisted themselves to a place where they'd be heard that strongly advocated the move, whatever group they may or may not have been a part of, and they shouted down any views to the contrary and ignored the obvious failings and implications as they felt they knew best, despite most if not all not being affected or having direct experience.

Once reality kicked in, they distance themselves from their previous position and try to rewrite events..

4. Barchullona

Barchullona Well-Known Member

They should be exiled...

spesupersydera likes this.
  5. spesupersydera

spesupersydera Well-Known Member

:bandit:

6. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

Arf.
    Who now doesn't go anymore to the kcom I don't think. Or the ultras.

7. Barchullona

Double negative there, Chazz. <laugh>

If you went on CI years ago the QPR fan who wrote that article used to on there and other sites. Lived in the leafy suburbs if I call correctly. Was also an FCfan, which explains his knowledge of the iniquities perpetrated on them by Papa (not thay you will lose any sleep over that, same as me) and keenness to highlight them.

Someone on CI remembered him. Hessle Hoop.

dennisboothstash likes this.
  8. Chazz Rheinhold

By leafy suburbs you mean East Riding??
    So is he a cockernee transplanted or an east ridinger who supports FC and qpr?

9. Barchullona

I believe he moved up here. Don't think we was born within the sounds of the Bow Bells though. Seem to recall he had something to with writing as a living.

I used that term because I couldn't remember where he was based until I read it on CI and added it after my original post. Leafy suburbs are the outskirts of Hull with trees I suppose. East Riding is the intellectual powerhouse of the region. And the birthplace of City's best locally born players, Chillo, Pearson...

10. balkan tiger

balkan tiger Well-Known Member

You could also say the club resolved a problem (protests about the name change on screen) by pulling together a number of people and groups who over the years had suggested that a kop end in the North stand could improve the atmosphere. Headed by the Allams puppet Mooney the group were used and manipulated. What came about was not what the fans wanted, a problem solved for the Allams and quite an inconvenience for some supporters, no wonder those involved want to distance themselfs from it.

dennisboothstash and DMD like this.

11. askewshair

askewshair Well-Known Member

I suspect most of those affected were more likely to be on City Independent then. There was a lot of stink on there. The sad thing for me was those unaffected seemed unbothered, when as you say others should have seen it was the start of things to come. I guess it was straight after the euphoria of Wembley and a long season of protesting the name change. I hate to say it was a master strategy by Allams in terms of the timing, dividing supporters, pissing off predominantly No voters to the point they stop going, etc. No coincidence that City independent has virtually died.

Kempton, dennisboothstash and DMD like this.
  12. Chazz Rheinhold

Who do you mean by those involved want to distance themself from it?

13. balkan tiger

balkan tiger Well-Known Member

That is DMD's claim (I think he's right by the way) my point is that I can see why they would.

DMD likes this.
  14. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

A number of people and groups?

It was just a bunch of young lads.

15. Fez

Fez Well-Known Member

Why did you pay to move after 90 minutes, the game would be almost over?

Barchullona likes this.
  16. Fez

Fez Well-Known Member

I agree with this, as I questioned some of the argument Dutch used at that time. I have since and still am more than happy to admit my mistake in this and how my lack of involvement in the passion of the events left me open to a judgement based purely on distanced logic. It was a poor mistake on my behalf and one I now try very hard not to repeat. My sincere apology to Dutch, and anyone else I may of offended, still stands and always will.

17. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

Your apology is appreciated and accepted, but not needed. :emoticon-0150-hands

It's history now, and can't be undone, and there's no pleasure for me if people now understand what I was saying, but I would hope that others have learned from the whole experience, even if they can't bring themselves to admit it.

Pleasure for me would be seeing that learning put into action, and a huge part of that involves communication between fans and groups.

18. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

If that's aimed at me, I'm happy to admit that I didn't give the impact enough thought and that was an error on my part, so I also apologise.

19. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

It was aimed at whoever the cap fitted, and goes further than just the lack of support.

20. Fez

Fez Well-Known Member

But OLM's apology is a good thing and should be acknowledged as such. There has been a great deal of resentment these owners have created and many posters/supporters have things to regret, just as they may have things to be proud of. Personalities aside, we should all draw a line and focus on taking the piss out of Happy and Chazz ... :emoticon-0103-cool: