1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

In case you doubt Adam's passion for the club

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by zogean_king, Apr 8, 2014.

1. zogean_king

zogean_king Well-Known Member

I was reminded of this...... [video=youtube;A9EMpaengQY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9EMpaengQY[/video]

Brought a smile to my face :D

2. Tony_Munky_Canary

Tony_Munky_Canary Well-Known Member

YOU BEAUTY!! YOU ABSOLUTE BEAUTY!!!

Never mind a smile, it just brought tears to my face - on the district line of all places!

Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant - thanks for sharing again, never, ever will
    I get fed up of listening to that <somersault>

3. Home on the range canary

Home on the range canary Well-Known Member

I would prefer Chris Goreham's passion, although he might just keel over with excitement if Norwich score first on saturday

4. royalbarclayfan

royalbarclayfan Well-Known Member

Zog - I don´t think anyone can doubt Adam´s passion for the Club, it´s just whether he can get the same sort of passion and commitment into the players, because it´s been sadly lacking for some time.

No-one doubted Gunn´s passion for the Club, no-one doubted Deehan´s passion for the Club, but stick ´em in the Manager´s office and we know what happened.

I wish him the very best luck in the world, but ultimately it´s the players who have got to do a major turnaround, before anything will change.

5. zogean_king

zogean_king Well-Known Member

RBF I think everyone sees the magnitude of the task and the mess he has inherited, however after listening to this again it reminded me that he is one of us. He'll be trying his absolute hardest not just because it's his job, but because he obviously loves the club. I know you might well say the same about Gunn, but I always thought Adams spoke a hell of a lot of sense when he commentated. I will predict now that he will at least try something at 60 mins if we are down, he won't roll over and I very much doubt he will let the team roll over!

6. royalbarclayfan

You and I agree totally about Adams zog, I´m sure he´ll do his damnedest, I´m just not convinced yet, that he´ll get the response he wants, from the players.

7. Dangerous Marsupial

Dangerous Marsupial Well-Known Member

Hughton was also trying his hardest. The difference is IMO, that under Hughton I was confident we would stay up.

8. K E M P

K E M P Well-Known Member

How? I can't see where that confidence is coming from?

The form going into our toughest and crucial run of games at the end of the season is appalling.

9. Dangerous Marsupial

Dangerous Marsupial Well-Known Member

Our form is/was no worse really than any time under Hughton's tenure baring the 10 match unbeaten run; we never lost 7 in a row under Hughton so it would have been very unlikely for this to happen.

10. K E M P

I disagree and to find out if that run was going to end away to Fulham would have been such a high risk.

Unfortunately Hughtons reign as norwich manager has not successful and the numbers speak for themselves in terms of games won/lost. Add that to the terrible performances away and at home I can't see how the board could of done anything different.

Ps time to change the bottom of your posts!

11. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

Nothing to add!!!

12. royalbarclayfan

Perhaps you´re right as regards the Board K E M P, only time will tell, but speaking for myself, I don´t suddenly feel a lot more reassured just because Adams is now in the hot seat, because, just as was the case with Hughton, it´s not Adams who's got to go out there and perform.

13. Swedish Dave

Swedish Dave Active Member

I've long assumed that anyone pushing for Adams must have been at least partially convinced by his radio appearances. I personally always thought he came across as a bit too uncontraversial, a bit too eager to please every caller when some of them needed to be told they were talking utter ****e! Nothing I heard made me consider his management potential.

Not that I think it'll make much difference to the job required now. It really is down to the players in the next match. Neil Adams probably has as much chance of unshackling them from their fear as anyone.

Now, just to prove me wrong, if anyone wants a laugh, have a listen to Neil (very patiently) losing his rag with the village idiot...

http://youtu.be/uqLsh9QtZMg

14. K E M P

I think the board have just put anyone in there to be honest. Just to get a reaction from the players.

Hughton couldn't get one at the end could he? Just look at the way the players were with about 10 minutes to go.

Up until now Hughton managed to win the important games, but that has now evaporated and there was very little reason to keep him on at the end.

15. johnnywarksmoustache

johnnywarksmoustache Well-Known Member

Good luck to him thats what I say! <ok> He deserves this chance and if he does keep you up then he deserves a decent contract in the Summer. If however it does go tits up then I hope McNally doesn't sully his and your club's reputation any further by dropping him like a hot brick!

16. Superman wears Grant Holt pyjamas in bed

i suppose this will sound a bit odd but i felt we'd stand a better chance in the four games against the top clubs under hughton than i did had he taken charge of the fulham game, and vice versa for adams, if you follow me!

hughton's record against top sides is actually pretty damn good overall and i realise that the fulham game is a) our best chance of 3 points and b) our most important game remaining as a victory would effectively keep us up and condemn them to the drop, but we do have those four games too!

until saturday just gone i never felt unduly concerned that we would be relegated under hughton and i include the whole of last season in that too. the west brom game was a huge setback (as was the villa game at the back end of last season) but i did fancy us to win one of those last four games with hughton in charge. i now feel we will do well to pick up a single point from them. hughton might not have ticked many boxes for city fans but he was not unsuccessful as kemp has claimed. he kept us up, he gave the club around £100m in income by doing so. if that isn't successful i don't know what is.

you may not have enjoyed the football or the atmosphere surrounding the club but he fulfilled his brief and was continuing to do so. i totally understand why he was sacked - i am shocked by the timing of it but not surprised he's gone. neil adams is a good man but that was part of the problem with hughton (apparently). knowing what to say on the radio is not the best way of finding out how good a manager he will be. he did brilliantly with the youth team last season, wonderful, but check out how poor they've been this season. he had a great bunch of kids, better than most they played against. we do not have a great bunch of first team players.

i was worried with hughton in charge because i felt the atmosphere was only going to get worse. we've killed that problem. now i'm worried because we have a novice in charge of our immediate future. this move has been made to appease the fans first and foremost, and hopefully have a knock-on effect with the players. hopefully we'll grab that win at fulham and we can regroup in the summer. i certainly don't want him in charge next season, no matter what happens between now and the end of the season.

17. canary-dave

canary-dave Well-Known Member

He took a lot longer than I would have to call him stupid! <laugh>

18. K E M P

I suppose it depends what you see as success?

Yes he kept us up and all that, but for quite a lot of people the enjoyment of watching Ncfc had faded with the performances.

I could see what Hughton was trying to do but in hooper and RVW he forgot or was unable to purchase a creative midfielder to support them.

19. Superman wears Grant Holt pyjamas in bed

absolutely right kemp.

i bet mcnally and delia will view hughton as a success though, especially if we stay up this season - even though they've sacked him. he still put 32 points on the board which ordinarily would be way below par but in this very strange, low scoring league, has been consistently good enough to keep our heads above water.

no doubt if we stay up many fans will ignore that and give all the credit to adams. likewise if we go down it'll all be down to hughton but in neither case is it 100% true.

you all know i'd backed him throughout but i was ready for a change come the summer. doesn't mean his achievements (if you can call them that) should be tossed to one side and ignored. he could end up being an important (if stale) factor in our development long term.

20. Swedish Dave

Swedish Dave Active Member

I can't imagine a Mourinho or Ferguson would have put up with Barry for 4 minutes! I like the way the co-presenter cuts the call immediately, before Neil gets himself sacked.