1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

I'm fuming Peter Taylor is in charge!

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by brb, Sep 27, 2017.

1. brb

brb CR250

There we are I said it, and why do I say that, well quite simply I still remember his last time in charge when I wrote this on 12th April 2014...

Ironic that today Wolverhampton Wanderers got promoted, the club that at the beginning of the season gave us a 4-0 mauling. It was evident despite it being one of the most inhospitable places i have been to this season that they were destined for an instant return to the Championship.

Martin Allen was in charge of the reigns at that time, until 11 games in when Scally decided it was time for him to depart company with MadDog after a 2-0 defeat at Shrewsbury. Although let us bear in mind MA was just turning a corner on the back of two previous wins despite the atrocious start.

Today Peter Taylor took us to the lowest point of my season with a completely diabolical performance against Leyton Orient, the negative man as i see him made us a laughing stock in front of 1200 travelling Gills supporters, 4-0 down by half-time.

I constantly warned about Taylor's negativity, not just over the last few weeks but months now and the trouble brewing ahead. I didn't think I could be right again, when 15 months ago I warned about the previous departed manager's tactics in youth v experience, it took a tinpot before anyone opened their eyes and saw the reality that we was not going to smash league one.

So let us look at that youth, Dack where was he? Not even on the bench. Oh Dack was at the game alright but guess what, he just was not selected, not due to injury but for a reason unknown, even by the player. Some one feel free to correct me if they know differently and my information is wrong.

What did go wrong today? Ask Harriman, the poor guy looked like he wanted the ground to swallow him up. Not surprised, my normally relaxed composure at a game became eroded and i completely lost my cool. When that fourth goal went in you would have needed a straight jacket to contain my behaviour.

I've travelled the length and breadth of the country this season to support my team, through thick and thin I've applauded my side but not today, Taylor you need to go, you really have not got a clue. I've had enough of your tinkering and today like a stock market crash, you just severely damaged the percentage selling price of season tickets next season with that performance in front of a sell out away allocation.

Previously you dropped Hessy for reasons unknown after his wonder goal, now you drop Dack the only player apart from Nelson putting in a consistent performance. Up front where was the big man Bayo? You let Davies go out on loan and left us short at the back, with Legge injured and Inniss gone. Chucking poor Charlie Lee in the deep end, when we needed him in midfield.

Sorry Taylor your tinkering is done...walk out...shut the door behind you...it's marked EXIT...don't look back...GO and GO now, I've had enough.

People will say give you time. What the same time that was given to Allen? By the end of season you will have had 35 games more than the manager before in L1.

After today's display you will no longer get my support, if you stay and i hope Scally decides you don't, it will be down to you to prove me wrong. If any one thinks i'm being harsh, I can assure you my real thoughts are and would be unprintable.

People say you kept us in league one, huh! if we actually achieve that goal. I would argue that most managers could have kept us in the league with what is at your disposal. But you choose to tinker with our future rather than get the job done. Constantly looking over your shoulder, like a self inflicted injury. I won't stay away but be assured any more slip ups, you can rest assured you will again get both barrels again until you stop your meddling.

I heard it once said that you inherited the team it is not your own. I don't have the time to enter into this debate but before people do, they will find that PT has had more incomings than you realise and fair opportunity to get this right.

Five goals conceded against Orient, Four goals conceded against Rotherham (eight in total), Three goals conceded against Crewe, Three goals conceded against Stevenage, shall I go on, only Tranmere have a worse goal difference out of the bottom four, so what was that word I was looking for...

Disgraceful!

Sorry people I just cannot forgive Peter Taylor for this ^^^ - The Chairman had plenty of time to think about AP's departure and this is the best he can come up with, we all knew when he brought Taylor back that this day would come, I kept my mouth shut because PT remained out of sight, now here we are again typical Gillingham FC the circle of life, and I'm bloody furious.

2. alwaysright

alwaysright @ Very Angry Camel

I suppose you'll give me a smack if I remind you of the charmless Coach & Horses on our day out at Orient...................... you should try taking the positives out of situations - didn't we ' draw' the second half ?
    :emoticon-0159-music"Leave one up Taylor, leave one up. Leave one up Taylor, leave one up.":emoticon-0159-music

3. vinney

vinney Well-Known Member

I think that Scally was giving Ady a chance to turn it round, but after Saturday it was obvious that wasn't going to happen, so he had to go.
    I actually think that Scally is doing the right thing in letting Taylor take the helm for a while. I hated his last time in charge of us, but quite frankly what else can the chairman do ? He had his fingers burnt taking on Ady without much thought, so now it seems he will go through a proper management process, and hopefully end up with the right man. It's a fairly safe option ( or at least as safe as possible) to let Taylor do this, as it may well be dour and defensive ,but getting some points on the board is of utmost importance, and he may well be able to get us to do that. Hopefully a new man can come in before Christmas and have some funds to improve the team, because we sure as hell need it. Most of the present lot seem to me to be cheap options and it's difficult to make a silk purse out of a pigs ear.

4. WINDYROG

WINDYROG Well-Known Member

At least List and Nash got a run out ........

5. brb

brb CR250

Jeez cannot believe i forgot about that dump!