1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

I'm back from the desert!

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by sotonsaint, Oct 3, 2012.

1. sotonsaint

sotonsaint Well-Known Member

Back in Blighty after 2 months, tried to keep up with news as much as I could. Great to get our first win at home to Villa. How have we been doing?

(Sorry in advance, but it would have taken me ages to scroll through all the threads).

Sotonsaint

2. SAINTDON13

SAINTDON13 Well-Known Member

Ask gomarchingin he is the expert. Oh! and welcome back!

3. TheSecondStain

TheSecondStain Needs an early night

As expected, we didn't pull up any trees against the top 3 from last season. Beat Villa as you say, but were disappointing against Wigan at Home, who forgot who they were and came out of the playing blocks rather quickly, thrashing WHU in the process. They have since remembered they are perennial PL strugglers and have settled 1 point above Saints. Expecting to pass them on the way up the table. We also played Everton Away while the pundits decide whether they are a team in great form or a great team. Means the same to us, at the moment.

So, the single win and 3 points. Plenty of fans are behaving like mice and throwing themselves on the traps, but there are the usual ones who decide to enjoy the season rather than despair. 6 games in, now read on...

Oh, and welcome back.

4. gomarchingin

gomarchingin New Member

I cant help it if I know my football , soton we have been our usual selves of good to awful , woeful defending has costs us as has our naivety but I hope we all shall learn .
    I have been harping on for new defenders and we will get them in a few months , I just hope its not too late then .

5. gomarchingin

gomarchingin New Member

<laugh> To throwing themselves onto traps , more like distinct realism which others may not like .

6. Channon walked on H2O

Channon walked on H2O Active Member

Welcome back from me too. This is the best summary I have read. SS, you are in the wrong job.

For what it's worth I thought Everton looked mediocre for a few minutes, but then they remembered to change out of second and by the time they hit 5th with about 20 minutes gone we couldn't live with them. I would like to see the team that could, but it sure ain't going to be anyone outside the top 6.

Oh and one more thing. We could and arguably should have beaten United. At 2-1 we were looking comfortable for a long time. Don't be fooled into thinking our performance against City was similar. When we scored twice very quickly it just made them annoyed and they battered us.

7. sotonsaint

Can't say I expected much more from the games we have played. Maybe a point against Wigan, but they can play some decent football at times. From the games I have seen, the back four look a little lost at times, but we have scored plenty of goals to counter that problem. I'm not to worried about our position we will only get better as the season goes on as players settle and get to grips with the pace of the PL.

Did I see correctly that we are on Sky at home to Fulham? My first live game of the season :)

8. SAINTDON13

SAINTDON13 Well-Known Member

All I can say is that I hope we enjoy the ride, always a roller coaster when you are a Saints fan.

9. lamby

lamby Needs a cold shower

and that's why we love it! Oh and welcome back soton.

10. sotonsaint

Are we back in recession again. £8 for 20 fags? Welcome back indeed!

11. lamby

lamby Needs a cold shower

It's Stoptober if you want to quit and save money!

12. TheSecondStain

TheSecondStain Needs an early night

No, throwing themselves on the traps, as I first suggested. That's my opinion.

13. sotonsaint

Not a bad idea that lamballana!

14. fran-MLs little camera

fran-MLs little camera Well-Known Member

We haven't been relegated yet and we are still in the League Cup<cheers>

15. sotonsaint

I don't think we will get relegated, and I need us to get to the later rounds of both cups, as I have a bet on with a Manure supporting friend of mine that Lambert will score 20 goals this season.

16. Beddy

Beddy Plays the percentage

Trouble with Realism and projecting the future is the two rarely go together. To say we have lost five games is realism to say we are going to do the same in the next five is conjecture. The same as saying we are going to be relegated at this stage is conjecture. It doesn't look good that is true but it isn't impossible either. I think in all honesty the vast majority think this way. If we do get relegated ok so we do......God willing I'll be there shouting for them next season and the one after that because I am a saints fan.
    If others have a different opinion that's fine too but my thoughts seem to be with the majority.........<ok>

Oh nearly forgot welcome home SotonSaint

17. SFC4BAG

SFC4BAG Well-Known Member

Excellent summarizing. Repped.

18. Jose Fonte baby

Jose Fonte baby Well-Known Member

IMO, we deserved a point against City, a point against Wigan, should have beaten Man Utd, deserved to lose to Arsenal, deserved to beat Villa but I don't think we did enough against Everton to deserve a point.

19. SaintLapras

SaintLapras Well-Known Member

Which desert did you go to? The Sahara? The Gobi? The Kalahari? The Atacama?

20. fran-MLs little camera

fran-MLs little camera Well-Known Member

He could tell you, but then he'd have to...you know the rest.