1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Illegal us?

Discussion in 'Preston' started by themaclad, Mar 8, 2018.

1. themaclad

themaclad Well-Known Member

Slaviša Jokanović insists his Fulham side will not be resting on their laurels as they enter the final stretch of the season.

A superb run of 14 unbeaten games has seen the Whites solidify our presence in the Play-Off positions, but Jokanović believes there is always more to come.

“It’s true we improved, especially the last two months,” he said in Thursday’s pre-match press conference. “I believe we can still be in a higher level, the space exists for us to grow and to try and be better still.

please log in to view this image

“We are satisfied now with our momentum but we cannot relax. We need to push ourselves on the training ground to be in a still better condition and compete better.

“10 games are ahead of us and we haven’t done anything at the moment. We must be brave and keep going and push hard.”

He continued: “We have positive momentum and we must be careful about everything around us. It’s important we don’t make mistakes and relax by thinking we’ve already done something so important.

“We are where we are, we are fourth in the Championship, and we have the option to fight. We must be strong and brave enough and show our desire and ambition to keep going forward and win the games.”

Saturday’s opponents Preston North End are enjoying some positive form of their own having only lost once in their previous 10 outings.

Jokanović expects a difficult encounter at Deepdale, and is hoping that his side are given ample protection.

“Every game is important and in the end it’s a chance for us to fight for three points against a really good team with a young and experienced manager who did a very good job with Preston,” he stated.

please log in to view this image

“They are one of the more aggressive teams in the competition and we must try and find our style and move the ball. They are going to want to stop this way that we play.

“It depends what kind of referee we find against Preston. When I watch the Premier League I know what the level of protection is, more or less.

“Sometimes in the Championship I am a little bit confused, and it depends how the referee takes the situation and manages the game.

“I’ve had the opportunity to watch some [Preston] games, and they’re on the border of the limit. They’re going to try and stop us in a legal or illegal way, and it’s going to depend on the referee.”

Tomas Kalas and David Button have been absent from the matchday squad for our wins over Derby County and Sheffield United, and Jokanović provided an update on their current status.

“Tomas Kalas started working today with us,” he revealed. “We have one more training session and we must observe his situation.

“[Button] was sick and we expect he can be in the squad for the next game. The other players are available for the game.”