1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

IH - "the bomb has gone off"

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by ELLERS, Jul 18, 2017.

1. Uber_Hoop

Uber_Hoop Well-Known Member

Nah, Fat Tony couldn't keep something like that to himself. He can't help himself.

Didley Squat and qpherts like this.
  2. SW Ranger

SW Ranger Well-Known Member

Well it doesn't sound good; it's behind the scenes- so it's not Holloway's fault.

I'm guessing the committee has kicked off about the feng shui move around and it's all gone tits up!!!

UTRs, NorwayRanger, sb_73 and 2 others like this.
  3. qpherts

qpherts Well-Known Member

# stability # youth players #new ground # training ground!

UTRs and Uber_Hoop like this.
  4. NigsyHoops

NigsyHoops Well-Known Member

5. Didley Squat

Didley Squat Well-Known Member

It will be when thing turn pear shape.
    This season is shaping up to be one to remember, ain't that the truth!
    It's either feast or famine with our club.......................... problem is, it is we fans stuck in the middle.

kiwiqpr likes this.
  6. rangercol

rangercol Well-Known Member

This isn't looking good!
    The club need to make a statement to clarify things for fans. I suspect they're waiting till they've got as many season tickets and memberships sold before they tell us what's happening.

Didley Squat likes this.
  7. qpherts

8. Sutfol

Sutfol Well-Known Member

All those who said a few seasons in the Championship would sort us out. Problem is money dries up and if you're badly run, which we are we find ourselves in a downward spiral. I've got my season tickets and am looking forward to the new season. I actually think our expectations are so low it takes a lot of pressure off us. Think we'll be bottom 5 this season though.

kiwiqpr likes this.
  9. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

top half finish

Didley Squat, UTRs and Uber_Hoop like this.
  10. qpherts

I think we'll finish top of the bottom 2

GoldhawkRoad likes this.

11. Didley Squat

Didley Squat Well-Known Member

Agreed.
    Our management has lost their desire to succeed in football.
    Yes they spent too much coin before and now were seeing to opposite.
    Yes, the fair play rules, fines, breaches etc have stalled us but do we really think we would be competing if that wasn't over our heads?
    I don't think so.
    I think were closer to 1st Division than PL and that is what hurts.
    I seriously don't see any major improvement coming any time soon.
    Sorry for sounding negative but l'm also being a realist.
    I still think the club structure in not relevant to our current and forward planning.
    Why the hell do we need a DoF and multi-layers of management for a club with our budget?

Hoop-Leif, kiwiqpr and UTRs like this.
  12. QPRski

QPRski Well-Known Member

One needs to ask and answer a question if "the success in football" was ever the primary objective, or if it was an end to a means?

For me, there has been a a clear change in paradigm on the marketing potential of club. This is clearly evident on the current visibility of Air Asia and the presence in Asia.

We will need to see if there is now a real desire to succeed in the football, and what are the owners' vision and ambition, plus how patient and tolerant they will be.

This is the bomb that has exploded.

13. qpherts

Makes you wonder why the owners n other shareholders are still there as ooc is not gonna happen it ain't football there interested in!!

Last edited: Jul 20, 2017
  14. QPRski

QPRski Well-Known Member

Very true.

I am writing here as a long suffering, obviously masochistic QPR fan in exile on a football forum, and have no idea of the owner's intentions. However, I imagine that they see business and value in the real estate activity of Old Oak, and possibly other activities, which seems to be progressing faster than the new stadium, new training facilities or our rise up the table. I think the objective on football side is to be as close to break even as possible, hence the focus on youth players, etc.

If so, the question is how long will they persevere with such a business model and what would happen if there was a serious offer for the Club.

So much for the high level philosophical ponderings. Does any one have a clue on what team we will field against Reading in 17 days?

qpherts likes this.
  15. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

Old Oak Common may go ahead as a housing and office development, but it depends on HS2 which is very much up in the air, despite all the politics.Latest estimate is that it will cost £403m a mile to build, compared to £25m a mile for high speed track in Germany. Even if it all goes to the current plan, the first train won't run until 2026. China built/linked a freight track from its coast to London between 2013 and January this year, 7,000 miles.

I have no doubt the owners would sell, or possibly just walk away, if someone else was prepared to acquire a money pit.

16. qpherts

Un

17. qpherts

It wdnt be a money pit if run properly like West Brom for example

18. SW Ranger

SW Ranger Well-Known Member

There are still examples of clubs that have been run correctly from both a football and business perspective. But, as we all know, there are many clubs that are run abysmally. Unfortunately we seem to be in the latter over the last few years. I have no problem with us cutting our cloth to meet our means, but we seem to have swung ridiculously to the other side of the playing field. If we want to improve, we have to keep improving on our weaknesses - that may only allow us to reach mid-table; but at least we would be progressing.

WalsallHoop and qpherts like this.
  19. QPRski

QPRski Well-Known Member

Hear! Hear!

...plus, I hope that on the field the team,even if with limited flair, is organised, hard working, attempts to play attractive and dynamic football, is entertaining, and continually improves.

WalsallHoop likes this.
  20. GoldhawkRoad

GoldhawkRoad Well-Known Member

If the manager of ManU or Chelsea announced a bomb had gone off behind the scenes, it would be front page news. If it happened in Bournemouth or Burnley, journalists would be all over it like a rash. Even if it happened at Middlesbrough, it would be reported in the sport's press and questions asked.

When Holloway announces it at QPR, investigative journalists suddenly all have better things to do. Says it all really.

mapleranger likes this.