1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread If's But's And Maybe's Chairboys v Valliants 27th Aug 22

Discussion in 'Wycombe' started by Guywanderer, Aug 26, 2022.

1. Guywanderer

Guywanderer Well-Known Member

The Chairboys return to league action with the visit of the Valliants to Adams Park and we will be looking for another performance and result as last Saturday in Yorkshire when the lads looked very impressive and we are up against a team that we got our first league win against at AP last season we also completed the double over them with our second ever win at the Valley but they are having a better season this term sitting 6th with 8 points from their 5 games.
    Gaz will make lots of changes from the defeat in the EFL Cup in midweek and it is likely he will return to last weekends starting line up but McCarthy could start after coming through 62 mins against the Robbins.
    I will be at this one along with Soldier and we will be looking for the lads to put on a good show and put that poor show from two weeks ago to bed and get the right result for the boys in blue<cheers>

Ron likes this.
  2. philhythe

philhythe Well-Known Member

I will also be at this one as my grandson is one of the mascots for the game

Guywanderer and Ron like this.
  3. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

No time to say 1 up as it was 1-1 from the ko almost

4. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

MK Dons & Sheff W having a field day

5. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

and Burton keep taking the lead, with 10 men

6. Guywanderer

Guywanderer Well-Known Member

After watching yesterdays game and the highlights of the last 2 games this week at AP I have to say JJ should no longer be anyway near our first choice left back he was totally at fault for City's 3rd goal and also should have done better for Charlton's equaliser he committed himself instead of standing up and that's on top of giving away 2 penalty's v Shrewsbury and Northampton

7. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

He is usually good at reading the game. That's what makes up for his lack of pace. He is still class and I have often said he needs cover for when he is beaten for pace. How old is he?

8. philhythe

philhythe Well-Known Member

Having been away for the weekend, I thought we had Charlton going for about 20 mins in the first half they had two players booked the manager as well, but after half -time the game sort of just went off the boil, whether Charlton worked us out or the heat I don't know, the final pass from both sides was not good in the second period.