1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

If your name is Jordan......

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by alwaysright, Jan 31, 2020.

1. alwaysright

alwaysright @ Very Angry Camel

grumpygit and brb like this.
  2. brb

brb CR250

I seriously believe we are going for one of the play-off places, we are already 17 points clearly of relegation, yet we are spending out on players. You always balance the books first unless you have a plan. I may well be mad, but i think we are out to mount a push on them play-off places. Even if we lose the play-offs, the extra revenue from the games will certainly pay back some of the outgoings. We didn't need stengthing to survive....2020 could this be our year <whistle>

grumpygit and alwaysright like this.
  3. grumpygit

grumpygit les misérable

Not much of it, but looks good.

alwaysright and brb like this.
  4. The Gills PegLeg

The Gills PegLeg Up yer Harris

Appreciate your optimism @brb but I think we won't quite make it sadly. I estimate there's four or five games where we've dropped points and wins by only drawing due to not being able to finish chances. That extra 8-10 points might be the difference between us making the top 6 come the end of the season. Now we have Akinde who's a proven finisher then it does obviously give us a better chance for the latter stages of the season but with about 14 teams still in the mix at this stage, it may be bit too far of a stretch for our small squad.

brb likes this.