1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

If Webber had KERS!

Discussion in 'Formula 1' started by di Fredsta!, Apr 20, 2011.

1. di Fredsta!

di Fredsta! Well-Known Member

I think he would have won. (Same could be said about Vettel)
    Which begs the question: Why dont teams go out on Primes in every quali session?
    If they did, a few of the top drivers (maybe all) will get to Q2. We will also see many different pole sitters (teams who dont care about Options <cool>) which will make better races like China.

Being semi serious here, I think there should be a rule saying the top 3 teams are not allowed to use Options in qualifying <laugh>

2. BrightLampShade

BrightLampShade Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

If say Ferrari (a fast team but not the fastest) tried to start on the harder tyre and won a few times I'm sure we'd see others trying it fairly quickly. Someone needs to go first though :)

3. di Fredsta!

di Fredsta! Well-Known Member

I would say Ferrari, they know their up there but cant win without rain or an anomaly. I would also say Massa, because if Ferrari get better, Alonso (most likely) will be their man.

4. BrightLampShade

BrightLampShade Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I can also see Sauber being the sort of team to try it, even if they don't make Q3. They have a rep for different strategies

5. Browser

Browser Member

It's a very interesting point about which tyres different teams will utilise during qualifying.

Trading off possible grid position for an extra set of option tyres during the race,whether it's in Q2 or Q3.

It's certainly going to be fascinating as to the different strategies teams use and am guessing the most flexible teams will prosper most !

6. DHCanary

DHCanary Very Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I think the tactic may be most beneficial in a race with a high number of pit stops, maybe montreal?