1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

If Ruiter ever pulls on a Sunderland shirt again

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by C19RK73, Nov 18, 2017.

1. Nordic

Nordic Well-Known Member

Yeah, an ok keeper + battered confidence = more damaged goods. Our speciality.

Time for a higher quality, first choice goalie who can handle the situation.

Brian Storm likes this.
  2. ----HistoryRepeating----

----HistoryRepeating---- Well-Known Member

Jesus, both those keepers are dreadful on that showing. And that's from someone who's been watching Forster each week!

3. red&white wanderer

red&white wanderer Well-Known Member

I know that it's a team game and any mistake by an outfield player (eg misplaced pass) can be used lead to conceding a goal but these are often still preventable and overlooked. Goalkeeper errors often mean that a goal is conceded. (Unfairly?) we do not expect this hence "have to be mad to be a keeper" - I think a youngster like Styrech is more reliable and has confidence in himself. But CC ''s arrival may be able to motivate our keepers as it's motivated most fans.

MrRAWhite likes this.
  4. red&white wanderer

red&white wanderer Well-Known Member

never thought of him in short term (if fit) - he certainly had a positive impact last time here.

5. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

I wouldn’t be against Given on a short term deal at all.

We have to stop giving away goals.

6. Brian Storm

Brian Storm Well-Known Member

Thought the registration window for free agents was closed now till Jan. Doubt we'd get permission just cause our 3 keepers are all ****.

7. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

Free agents can sign anytime up to 12pm day before game. Part of the Bosman rules.

8. Brian Storm

Yes but can they register? Sure that has a spell of being closed in the run up to the winter transfer window. I used to be when temporary loan window closed but the whole short term loan system closed with that transfer window as of this season.

9. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

I don’t think they can stop it mate it’s an EU Law isn’t it?

You can’t stop someone from working, I think free agents can literally sign and register anytime. I don’t know this 100% of course.

10. Brian Storm

Found it, that took some searching. Yeah it's sound now, providing they haven't already played for two clubs in the season.

Nads likes this.

11. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

‘Restraint of trade’ or some ****. Effectively be stopping someone out of work earning a living, not that I imagine Shay is on Jobseekers of course.

12. Brian Storm

Well signing a contract and putting them on the payroll is a separate entity entirely to competition registration periods. You can still be contracted, paid and play in certain competitions(Like PL2) without being registered so don't think that's the reason for the current rules.

13. Brian Storm

Jack Colback currently fits that Category as he's not registered to play in the Premier League, Newcastle haven't beached his employment rights. He still gets paid, he can still play PL2 games.

14. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

Aye but that’s someone who’s had a contract yeah? A free agent has to be different to a ginger mug getting paid £40k week to shine his knackers.

15. Brian Storm

But a free agent isn't a free agent once he's signed, he becomes a Jack Colback until his registration has cleared. It's separate paperwork init. We signed Eboue as a free agent, he was on the payroll, but his registration was knocked backed and a ban was put in place, that didn't mean he wasn't our player, hense we had to sack him from our end.

16. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

Aye but he’d been attached to another club and had missed eligibility criteria as well for a non-EU player.

Dunno what we are debating we’ve already seen he’d be eligible if we signed him, ha.

Brian Storm likes this.
  17. Brian Storm

I just don't think registration has anything to do with the Bosman ruling, I think that's entirely contractual while registration is nothing to do with contracts unless it's stipulated a player has to play a minimum amount of league and cup games(In which case a club is forced to register them to play). Not important. :p

18. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

Aye but the whole Bosman ruling was based around freedom of movement and restraint of trade. That’s what the Bosman ruling was.

19. Brian Storm

Aye agreed, but what it sparked was a ruling which effects contracts, not registration. <laugh> :emoticon-0172-mooni

20. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

Shall we leave this one, haha.

All I wanted to establish is if we signed him, could he play. The answer is yes.