1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

If Parky goes.......

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Charley Farley, Dec 29, 2019.

1. Charley Farley

Charley Farley Well-Known Member

We hear that if PP goes his contract will be paid for the remaining couple of years.

Some are saying that we will not be able to attract a new manager because of the Mickey Mouse way that our club is being run.

If I was a manager and the SAFC job came up I would grab it with both hands.

All you need to do is last a couple of months, then when your sacked you get about 3 years of pay.

To be honest, I haven’t a clue who would be good for us.
    I don’t want SKP as I like him and he would surely end up like the rest, being sacked.
    Sam is unrealistic although by far the best for the job.

We’ve tried old hands, div. 1 managers, young new first timers, tried and tested managers, yet only Reid, Bruce and Sam did a good job and the first two got sacked when they started losing too many games.

If PP gets the January transfer budget to spend he should be given until the end of the season, but we’re already hearing that nothing much will happen until near the end of the window and we all know that we urgently need at least 4 quality players in immediately. It’s also supposed to be mainly loan players. If there’s an option to buy, thats ok but we don’t seem to use that option very well.

I suppose that our main aim now is to stop our current relegation form because it could easily happen. Then next year we could look again at promotion.

I can’t understand how we’re doing so badly as all the infrastructure is in place plus a huge fan base. I’ve been part of SOL sell out crowds during the Reidy era and even now with our depressing form we get Premier league numbers at our games.

I think that with the right owner and manager we can get back into the Premiership, but we currently have neither.

Sunderpitt and smithy in nl like this.
  2. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

If Donald only has pennies to spend there's no point sacking Parkinson because we'll get nobody better and the transfer window would be a bust new guy or no. What's happened to the loan from FPP surely that hasn't all gone on maintenance when the team is so short of quality.

3. SAFCY

SAFCY Guest

4. SAFCY

SAFCY Guest

The big transfer deal appears to be Ben Alnwick. Goalkeeper is a crucial position for Parkinson. He has studied the team and come to that conclusion

5. Sunderpitt

Sunderpitt Well-Known Member

Parkinson is as is obvious, is a blithering idiot.. so anything is possible!

SAFCY likes this.
  6. SAFCY

SAFCY Guest

I’m staggered if it’s true. The least of safcs problems is a keeper.

SAFCDRUM likes this.
  7. FulwellBri

FulwellBri Well-Known Member

Hardly anything unusual or enlightening about paying out the full term of a contract.
    We may not like PP but he is fully entitled to that if he is peddled. That would be the right thing to do in any walk of employment.
    No one decent is going to come on a 6 mth contract.
    We have hired a dud. Just as we did with moyes, advocaat, o'neill.
    I just dont get this faux righteous indignation because the duds we hire are in a football role

8. SAFCY

SAFCY Guest

Thing is, if sacked the contract doesn’t immediately need paying up. It could be spread over the length of it.

we are seriously running the risk of a trip to league 2 with the retention of Parkinson

9. DH4

DH4 Well-Known Member

None of the FPP "loan" has gone on maintenance, as Donald has just announced SAFC pools to help with maintenance. The FPP loan is to pay for day to day running costs like wages for the players as Donald is not rich enough to provide the shortfall himself. People need to realise this. We are up **** creek without a paddle financially and any incoming transfers will be free transfers or loans, things are really that bad folks.

10. Sunderpitt

Sunderpitt Well-Known Member

As I am.most certainly not in the know...so does anyone else know for certain what the terms and conditions of Parkinson's contracr are? Yes we are told it is for 2 and a half years... but what are the escape clauses (if any) surely there must be some performance conditions or for instance he is charged with a criminal offence etc., I suppose we will never know.

Iirc big Sam calls his villa in Spain 'St James' or some such as it was the payout from the mags that funded it

SAFCY likes this.

11. SAFCY

SAFCY Guest

I’ve got no idea but I have read about managers getting paid after being sacked and not all in one go.

gardening leave they call it.

12. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

How do you know that for a fact has it come straight from the horses mouth?

marcusblackcat likes this.