1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Idiot of the week.

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by alwaysright, Sep 30, 2023.

1. brb

brb CR250

I've no idea why Banks keep doing it, but they are constantly changing their apps, and like you, you end up trying to find where they've moved the sign out button to. Banks claim to claim to care about their customers, they don't! Another reason why people shouldn't allow cash to be killed off, future generations will regret it eventually, handing over digital control to a bunch of sharks and a dodgy government. .

alwaysright likes this.
  2. alwaysright

alwaysright @ Very Angry Camel

Masterson.

3. alwaysright

....... and Max Clark is lucky not to be in this list. For once, Clemence made a substitution at the right time.

4. alwaysright

I was going to include myself for going to Wimbledon expecting (( or at least, hoping )), to see a better performance than ....... well - most of the games this season .but

..... I left at 0-2.... I'd had enough (( although, that point may have been reached many, many years ago. ))..... I decided I would be wiser to drive home........but - if I hadn't been an idiot, I would have stayed at home - and not spent part of the interest I'm getting on my savings (( after tax )), on an ifollow subscription..

5. alwaysright

..... Actually, I cannot escape inclusion in this list..... I have decided (( with a plea of insanity )), that - later today, I will renew my season ticket for next year........ what an idiot !!!!

brb likes this.
  6. alwaysright

Idiot of the weak .... referee !
    No - it's not a spelling mistake.. And, apologies for a poor attempt at a pun - but - in fairness to me, at least I know that if you grab an opponent by the neck ( Morecambe's Slew ), you can expect to get a card (( which would have been Mr. Slew's 2nd of the game. ))

The idiot, weak referee correctly gave Malone a yellow card for blocking the throw-in - but - didn't even speak to Slew regarding his assault ! - Why ? --- because not only was the referee idiotic and weak, he was also cheating - there can be NO other reason for not giving both players a card - but - in the eyes of the stupid referee, a mere 'passive' obstruction of the ball is a more serious offence than thuggery..

..... if I started a ' Cheat-of-the-week', I reckon we'd get no nominations than Mr, Whistler.

brb likes this.
  7. alwaysright

I was going to nominate myself ----- for contemplating renewal ( and upgrade ) of my season ticket - but - I have to award it to Nottinghamshire Police.
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...-police-warning-fallen-leaves-neighbours.html

Obviously the real argument probably concerns parking -- so -- if she obstructs the driveway** - give her a ticket......... but don't embarrass yourself by suggesting that the she is responsible for leaves from the surrounding area.

This nonsense reminds me of the time when my (now deceased ) - 'demented' neighbour, complained of the 12 leaves that had fallen into my garden ( from a neighbour's tree ) - apparently the sight of the 12 leaves offended my 'mad' neighbour !

** obstruction of a driveway only relates to egress from your driveway.....if somebody is blocking your driveway to prevent you entering it, the law can't help you!

8. alwaysright

I quite like Classical music............. perhaps if I become a 'man-living-in-a-prison' I could get to see a 'concert' for free !

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...chestra-played-concert-crooks-Scots-jail.html

Doesn't the story make you want to go out and pay your TV licence fee ........ or Steal, Rape, Murder - or any other crime that ensures a ticket to the show ? - - What moron thought this was a great use of public (( victims )) money ?

brb likes this.
  9. brb

brb CR250

The story aside, this conversation is similar to our other chat the other day about IPTV. A lot of people don't pay their TV Licence these days, I do, but I often ask myself why, because apart from when the FA cup is on or an England game, I rarely watch BBC, I never listen to Radio - I listen to Ifollow but I already subscribe to that. I have more recently thought I need to look at stuff on Iplayer to get my monies worth, but why though, shouldn't this now be a subscrition channel like all the others, because it certainly isn't free. Yes, they may make some good programmes, but why should I have to pay for someone elses viewing, not forgetting there is always the commercial side of advertising, again people might say, oh no not ads, again why should I have to pay just because the viewers won't accept a little inconvenience, afterall SKY Sports do it, they take their money twice lol, subscription and advertising.

alwaysright likes this.