1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

I don't think Moyes will be our manager next season...

Discussion in 'Everton' started by shogs, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Gibson'sRocket

Gibson'sRocket New Member

I think Roman has to start looking long term. Will he risk a manager who's been at a club for ten years? I'm not so sure. I think he's much more likely to go for proven quality and perhaps somebody to appease the fans.

Arsenal? I just can't see it.

Again for me, Moyes has no plans to leave, he's at a big club and couldn't do better. He's simply angling for funding.

2. Gibson'sRocket

Gibson'sRocket New Member

Exactly. Imagine who he could attract for Everton.

3. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

He's got a half decent eye for a player, I couldn't see him buying over priced total ****e like Borini, Allen, Carroll, Henderson & Downing like.

4. Peej

Peej Fabio Borini Lover

I don't really care about attracting big names.....just good players.

I am sure none of you had ever heard of Michu let alone seen him play before he joined swansea.

5. shogs

shogs Well-Known Member

banned, wish him all the best and hope he recovers from his illness though if he's reading this.

xx

Also you best be right Tobes <laugh>

6. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

lol, if ever a poster deserved the ban hammer it's that melt, albeit it might have been fun to have played with him for a while, like a cat tossing a mouse around, before putting him to sleep. <laugh>

EDIT: he's now bleating about his ban on ja, on the thread I posted earlier <laugh> Saying I ran to the mods, oh the irony. I'm sure Shogs can confirm I never btw, all I did was out him, the bulb.

7. Peej

Peej Fabio Borini Lover

Joker

How long have newcastle gone without winning anything....apart from promotion to the top flight....Haha

8. shogs

shogs Well-Known Member

50+ years isn't it?

I know ours is pretty long but ****ing hell they take the piss.

9. shogs

shogs Well-Known Member

Got to say, if Allardyce is available at the end of the season then I fear the worst.

10. Peej

Peej Fabio Borini Lover

It will be Martinez if Moyes doesn't stay...but I hope he goes.

11. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

So you actually want Martinez to come in to replace Moyes this summer?

12. Peej

Peej Fabio Borini Lover

Why not get a new man in. Look at how we have slipped since Moyes said he was happy to hit 40 points and he would decide his future based on our final position.

We are his never get sacked safety net. Who will look to offer him a realistic job this summer??

Nobody in the PL that's for sure. Martinez does what modes does, keeps teams in the big time....nothing more. And he does this with lesser players and half the budget Moyes has.

13. shogs

shogs Well-Known Member

Moyes took us from relegation candidates to competing for European places.

Martinez took Wigan from midtable to 16th place finishes every year.

Surely Moyes has done a hell of a lot more than simply "keeping us in the division"

14. Peej

Peej Fabio Borini Lover

What else has he really done for us?

Is mid table any different from finishing 4th bottom.?

Plus how many times have we been in Europe in the time Bobby has been at Wigan?

15. Justovertheline

Justovertheline Well-Known Member

If Moyes goes I am not sure who could take us forward with our funds tbh...I'm not sure Moyes could either...I suppose I think a new approach/philosophy Is needed then? We do need to start rotating even just a little bit though I agree with Shog's on Barkley he should be getting some game time at least and Oviedo I think?

16. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

Absolutely spot on mate.

Moyes over achieves his budget every year, he's had us chasing 4th place on a net spend budget of £10M in a decade. Brenda across the park has already had 4x net what Moyes has had to work with.

I find the logic of some Blues 'wanting a change' to be mental tbh. If we'd have just won the Arab lotto then I could maybe give that view at least some credence, however, to wish Moyes gone when we're still going to have a budget of pennies under Kenwright is madness.

As for Martinez, the man is a melt imo. He's taken a side comfortable in mid table to an annual relegation fight. He's been trying to get donkeys to play like Barca every season & then when after 6 months he sees this isn't working, they go direct & win points - he's then lauded as a hero for keeping them up, it's laughable. The man's an ego with attitude & if he lands at Goodison this summer, my renewal will go straight in the bin.

17. Peej

Peej Fabio Borini Lover

He tried to get donkeys to play like Barcelona. Imagine what he could do with the talent we have and the exciting younger players we have waiting for a chance. Look at what the sheight have done with bringing in the youth players.

Would moyes ever do this?

18. Justovertheline

Justovertheline Well-Known Member

I can see your logic PJS and maybe It will happen If Moyes walks? Thats the key If Moyes walks then we won't have an option to keep him we will have to look and a new manager will fetch with him a fresh approach ..Will It get us anywhere? Fook knows lol:emoticon-0102-bigsm

19. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

What have they done that's so noteworthy, as I must have missed it?

Trying to get players who aren't technically good enough to play in a prescribed manner because that's 'your way' of playing, is the mark of an egotistical manager, who's prepared to put his own 'style' before results.

A good manager works with what he has & comes up with a system & style that best suits the resources available to him, in order to deliver results. Yes, over time he can look to bring in players who are suited to playing in the way that he ultimately want to, but Martinez & Rodgers both ploughed on with their 'system' when it was patently obvious they had square pegs in round holes.

20. Peej

Peej Fabio Borini Lover

Well the sheight are slowly catching us in the league while we continue to use players who look so out of form and leggy its shocking. When we have had chances to throw a few young players on....Moyes turns to Hitz or Neville!

We have a good setup behind the first 11. Rodgers had to use them because his squad was so short on numbers. Ours is the same but Moyes insists on running 30+ players into the ground.