1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

I don't think Moyes will be our manager next season...

Discussion in 'Everton' started by shogs, Feb 15, 2013.

1. No Kane No Gain

No Kane No Gain Well-Known Member

Chelsea will definitely be looking for a new manager in the summer and I think City will too. If Arsenal miss out on the CL spots I think they will be too so I guess there's a fair chance of you losing him. I think City and Chelsea will be looking abroad though so Arsenal is the only one who I can see going for him and even that depends on Wenger leaving(he won't be sacked).

Does he speak anyother languages? I guess he could end up abroad.

2. shogs

shogs Well-Known Member

He speaks Scottish and broken English.

:D

3. Style

Style 'where is the love'

Its a shame Moyes isn't given more resources at Everton could turn them into serious challengers i think.

Kind of suprised no ones been interested in investing into Everton to be honest, you already have a decent set up and a decent enough squad.

4. Stow

Stow New Member

the financial set up behind the scenes puts pay to anyone thinking were a decent investment. plus the fact we havent got a new stadium

5. Hugh Briss

Hugh Briss Well-Known Member

As soon as we've kept a manager for 10 years, i'll let you know.

It is a remarkable job he's doing, but it still remains that he hasn't won anything.

6. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

You won't be far off finding out, if Pardew manages to see out his current contract....

He's one of many who've won nothing, as very few outside of the Sky 4, have in the current PL era.

He's come close, but for me only the League cup has been a disappointment, albeit we've never won it!

7. shogs

shogs Well-Known Member

Please **** off.

Ever heard of rotation Moyes? it's a system managers use so that players don't they tired and overworked, you should try it sometimes. Also how about giving Barkley some game time instead of sticking 4 defenders on the bench ahead of him. Just a thought.

8. Justovertheline

Justovertheline Well-Known Member

I think him saying maybe If we had real ambitions then we would have to make sure we had won that game/saw It out says It all really...I think he blames the players myself and Is paving the way for his exit time for a who's our next manager poll I think lol...<whistle>

9. shogs

shogs Well-Known Member

Would love Martinez like out of what's realistic.

10. Dancingbraveforever

Dancingbraveforever Well-Known Member

I like him too,but please lets be realistic.No manager in the world could have done a better job than Moyes with the players and resources he has at this disposal.

But the long and short of it is ; he has taken us as far as we could possibly go given what he has to work with.
    We have reached the ceiling of our current potential.We simply do not have the squad to be challenging for a CL qualification spot.And even if we somehow fluked it,is the board going to spend 50m on players to make us competitive?We all know the answer to that one.I would rather not qualify,than qualify and finish rock bottom of the group.

And i hope we dont end up in the Europa league either.Our squad is tiny in comparison to others,playing extra games in Europe would have negative effects on our league form.

I want more than anything to be challenging year in year out for the PL title,and i simple wont be happy to be finishing 5th,6th or 7th every year. And i would be staggered if fellow Toffees thought that this was deemed a success and acceptable.I was brought up on the great 80,s teams,when anything other than first would have been considered a failure. EFC and the fans want more than mediocrity,but that is what we have had to endure for the past 20 odd years.

I think that Moyes should go.A fresh new approach is needed now.He has been a fantastic servant to our club,he could have had a big money move to a bigger and better team a good while ago,but he had unfinished business at Everton.But i think even he has realised that Everton will not give the success he craves.

11. shogs

shogs Well-Known Member

12. Dancingbraveforever

Dancingbraveforever Well-Known Member

Shogs,you cant expect Moyes to pull it out of the bag year in year out.I believe his standards have slipped somewhat.But i think this down to self-motivational issues than tactical incompetence.And who could blame him after 11 years without any success.

And as far as CL revenue is concerned.Sometimes its now how much money you have got,but how attractive a proposition you are to a top class player.And as far as im concerned we aren't,on any level.You could qualify for the CL every year but if the end of the day all you are is just cannon fodder in that competition...what world class player would want that?

13. Peej

Peej Fabio Borini Lover

Listening to the comments Moyes has been making he will only be with us if another club doesn't come calling. I don't want to be a safety net for a manager who earns 65k a week to see us ticking over. For people to say no other manager could have done what Moyes has is stupid. How do people know another manager on a limited budget wouldn't have done better.....I give you Swansea and Laudrup as and example folks.

Time to tell us your plans so we can start the summer with the new guy in control. My money is on the guy in the main stand on Tuesday night.

14. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

Welcome Phil <ok>

The fact Moyes still hasn't signed tells me that he'd prefer to move on, if the right opportunity presents itself.

I think you're dumbing down Moyes achievements there though & Laudrup is just the current flavour of the month, for previous examples see; Coyle, Brown, Lambert & Rodgers.

I feel that you could be right about Martinez though & for me that'd be a disaster, as I just don't see what the man has done to justify him being linked with top PL jobs.

15. Peej

Peej Fabio Borini Lover

You can't see what Martinez has done???

With wage budget at half of what moyes has he has done a very similar job in the last 3 years.....kept his team in the PL, not made it into Europe or won a cup.

He does all this with squad less talented than throne moyes has. I gave up on him when it was clear he was happy we hit 40 points.

16. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

Martinez has taken Wigan backwards. They were safe in midtable under Bruce, they now have an annual relegation fight, sorry just not having him as a potential Everton manager.

p.s. do me a favour & tell that ginger NI moron TOOR that he's a clueless **** & I've read a few of his imbecilic, totally inaccurate, paranoid rants about other posters being me & I've howled at his idiocy.

17. Gibson'sRocket

Gibson'sRocket New Member

I don't think Moyes will get a job at a bigger club than Everton. This may just be for some leverage and backing in the transfer market, in the summer.

18. Gibson'sRocket

Gibson'sRocket New Member

I agree, Martinez would do a great job. Look what he's done with a poor Wigan squad and how he changes his tactics around to change games. However I'd still stick with Moyes. He has earned the right to be handed a transfer kitty to see what he can do with it.

19. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

I think it's got beyond leverage personally, I think he wants to move on & is just waiting for the right offer.

Whether he gets one is a matter of debate.

20. Peej

Peej Fabio Borini Lover

Tobe.

You have them creaming their pants on 606. They even are questioning why you call me Phil. Its obvious these are your regular plastic reds and don't remember the good old days of bbc 606.

Hello new user ;-)

Sure you won't be here long :-D

Are you a first time poster...long time reader<laugh>