1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread I Donny believe it!

Discussion in 'Charlton' started by deleted....., Oct 13, 2017.

1. deleted.....

deleted..... Well-Known Member

Interesting comment from 'El Gob' yesterday regarding the Donny game on Saturday...

So is he saying that a team that plays 4-2-3-1 every week is poorly coached?

So in saying that he is never going to tell the press that a match will be easy is he saying that he feels the Donny game will be easy?

Prediction .... 2-1 Addicks

Team

.........................Amos
    5'3"... Big Fecking German...Konsa... DeSilv
    ................... KFC..... Cash
    .....Marsh...L1 player of Month.... F. Henry
    ..........................Mag.......

Not sure that Clarkey will be chanced as a starter.

<cheers>

AllHell

2. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

I’m fearful of this game. Have a horrible feelings no that Donny are going to roll us over 1-2/3.

Hope I’m wrong. Betting wise I’ll folloe my prediction and have Doncaster btts/win.

3. User deleted as requested

User deleted as requested Well-Known Member

It’s just nice to have proper football back, & to be back walking to the shrine down Floyd Road on a Saturday afternoon.

The Scottish media has panned Strachan’s comments about genetics - isn’t it about time they had a look at an even bigger purveyor of managerial bullsh1t ?

lardiman likes this.
  4. lardiman

lardiman Keep smiling through
    Forum Moderator

The second quarter of our season begins at last.

Between now and Christmas something like 16 or 17 games (including Cup fixtures) in ten weeks.
    With more matches against other promotion candidates, this quarter will be a much tougher test than our 'easy' (on paper) opening campaign.

For a team aiming for automatic promotion, facing Doncaster Rovers at home should be regarded as an expected win. Donny are 17th in the table, only three wins under their belt this season, and defeated four times in their last five games.
    We have players back from injury (or lack of match fitness) who should be more than ready to show the home fans what they are capable of.

Not winning games like this will cost us dear as far as our promotion prospects are concerned.
    Clinging on to 6th place by a point or goal difference is nowhere near good enough, bearing in mind what is to come.

5. User deleted as requested

Let’s see where we are at Christmas. The target is 38 points and that will put us on course for a top 10 finish. Fans are coming back , our home gates are up by 153 compared to last season. All we need to do is keep maintaining this rate of progress and we will grow a new fan base by 2050. Everything else is all background noise.

lardiman likes this.
  6. ForestHillBilly

ForestHillBilly Well-Known Member

According to the excellent Mundell and his stats Donny are in a false position. Maybe their luck will change.
    2-2.

7. User deleted as requested

Mundell is an apologist and a self important windbag. Although nowhere near as bad as Seriously.

lardiman and DickPlumb like this.
  8. ForestHillBilly

Mundell's not an apologist, he seems oblivious to all the mayhem going on around him, which is not a bad way of coping. He's like the guy behind the scenes on TMS who has all those obscure facts at his disposal.

9. User deleted as requested

Mundell attended the Apologist ITTV love in with Meire last season. He then wrote up the Apologist minutes from that meeting, which took rather long to publish because Tom Rubashow wanted to proof read them first.
    The only non -Apologist on ITTV is Steve Brown. The rest are either freaks (PL54) or weirdos (Wummingson) or Apologists

Last edited: Oct 13, 2017
  10. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

11. ForestHillBilly

And Webbo. And overthetop, with his witty rejoinder on the gates thread:emoticon-0136-giggl.

12. The Elfsborg Sparrow

The Elfsborg Sparrow Well-Known Member

Spot on there Mr van Gerwen.

13. ForestHillBilly

I don't usually have the patience to plough through his posts, but I don't recall him posting anything other than about Charlton and football. The fact that ITTV is a pro-Roland forum is due to the activities of others. So I won't stick that particular label on him.

14. CAFC'sBestInterests

CAFC'sBestInterests Well-Known Member

<applause>

15. The Elfsborg Sparrow

Put it this way then, he barely utters a bad word regards pinky and perky.

However, I think with him supposedly slinging the minutes of the ITTApologist meeting with squirrel face and co I reckon he's a bit suspect.

16. ForestHillBilly

Does he pass the pint test though? I'd be quite happy to have a pint and a chat with him.

17. The Elfsborg Sparrow

Interesting one here.

Of people not met before(knowingly) on message board world, I would not mind meeting palarsehater for a beer.

18. lardiman

lardiman Keep smiling through
    Forum Moderator

He's genial enough as long as the next half a dozen posts after his own are along the lines of "great post Mundell..." etc.
    If you directly challenge a point he raises however, you may get a surprisingly intolerant response - and not just from the little pack of attending apologists who believe the sun shines out of his oratory.

I had a lot of respect for him for a long time, but when I dared to disagree with him once in a manner which I suppose he deemed disrespectful, he showed an arrogance and casual disrespect towards me which sadly compelled me revise my estimation of his character.

There are all kinds of apologists in the pro-Duchatelet camp.
    Most are harmless enough. A few are thuggish and aggressive, or spiteful and devious. One or two are more urbane, well read and intellectual. But none of them can tolerate having somebody challenge them, and none have any respect for others whose views differ from theirs. When pressed, Mundell is no exception.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2017
  19. User deleted as requested

Of course Mundell is yet another arse licking apologist -

Why do you think he defected from Charlton Life - where he posted for years - to ITTV, a site with six weekday posters ?

20. The Elfsborg Sparrow

We don't have much more on here Mr van Gerwen.