1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Hypothetical like

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by vinkel, Mar 13, 2021.

1. marcusblackcat

marcusblackcat SAFC Sheriff
    Forum Moderator

Absolutely. But how many times have we seen a div 3 team go to a top club and compete. Let alone go to a team lab erect of confidence.. in a one off, I honestly think SAFC as they are now, on a crest if a confidence wave, would stand a good chance against those who have little to none

Smug in Boots likes this.
  2. Makemstine Roger

Makemstine Roger Well-Known Member

we would get battered I've watched quite a few prem games the speed, the passing accuracy coupled with champions league finishers makes it mountain we couldn't climb.

Teessidemackem likes this.
  3. Teessidemackem

Teessidemackem Well-Known Member

I wouldnt fancy Flanagan against Harry Kane like.
    A one off match is different, we'd treat it like a Cup final and probably make a good account of ourselves.
    Over a full season would be completely different. Sheff United would hammer us if we played them now

4. Norway

Norway Well-Known Member

Did anyone watch Leeds V Chelsea, last night, sorry yesterday afternoon? was like watching two colliery welfare teams, giving the ball away time after time. Admittedly they were pretty quick, but overall the football was poor.

5. Teessidemackem

Teessidemackem Well-Known Member

You're not seriously comparing us to Chelsea are you?

6. Iain

Iain Well-Known Member

I can't actually answer that question because I'm not sure what changes I would make other than Hume when we have a fully fit squad, this is a team on our best run since God knows at a time when we have probably our longest injury list for ages. We have players playing out of position but as results are going are performing better than the first choices for that position.
    I'm hoping that is down to LJ and the confidence we now have, if it is when we have a full squad we will be exceptional and believe would be half decent in the championship.
    The bottom 3 in the Premier although look **** we are know other that there is a massive gulf between the championship and even the bottom 3

7. marcusblackcat

marcusblackcat SAFC Sheriff
    Forum Moderator

Op Question was the bottom 3 though mate. I have no doubt that most semi confident pl sides would walk all over is, but Sheffield Utd and West Brom are both dire and have zero confidence. Add the mags to that at the minute and I’d give us more than a fighting chance!!