1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Huw Jenkins Squad Overhaul

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by Jager, May 16, 2017.

1. Jager

Jager Well-Known Member

Not being funny mate, but you are only showing players sold, and not players bought! To suggest something has gone on is to suggest some kind of fraud. The Swans are a Ltd company so there are audited accounts for where money goes. And this link tells you the costing of players in and out

http://www.transferleague.co.uk/swansea/english-football-teams/swansea-city-transfers

2. seabreeze

seabreeze Well-Known Member

Probably going to take some scoff and snicker but I'd take the current team , nobody in and nobody out , into next season with the current manager and be confident of an over 40 point season . Since Clement took over we've got 23 points in 17 games , ratio it out and we would have 46 points in 34 games , And that includes an injury problem period of 4 or 5 games where we kept losing . First time in a long time I agree with anything that comes out of Huw's mouth , changing to much is dangerous . IMO , Jenkin's is attempting to admit , with a veiled apology without apologizing , that it wasn't the " players " but the old and new owners and board that caused most of what happened to us this season with the relegation scare . Basically 4 clean sheets our last 4 games , be it the not most beautiful football , says Clement has the team coming around . Now we all know we will lose players and they must be replaced , all I'm saying I would be confident taking the present team into our 7 Premier League season ......as is , with Clement with a summer to continue to work with the team .

Last edited: May 16, 2017
  3. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

That's okay Breezy In theory, but if your lacking in the final third with no cutting edge in front of goal, you end up in the bottom 3, yes it came good for us, but remember this, if Sunderland hadn't beaten Hull, we would not be celebrating now! No way do I agree that we do not need to strengthen, no way at all....... <ok>

Taffvalerowdy and 55282 like this.
  4. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Matthew Bound Still Lurks Well-Known Member

Thanks for that I was using data from transfermarket which was time consuming and to be brutally honest I lost interest. but the point remains those players have all made the club money along with pay outs from Sky deals along with Dineens commercial enterprises . Regarding suggesting fraud , well wasn't the Club sold to the yanks using deception and a denial that a legal binding Shareholders agreement which had all party signatures didn't exist , how would you describe it ? the Trust thought it at least warrantered the services of legal counsellor ,the outcome of which is yet to announced

DragonPhilljack likes this.
  5. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

Matt don't be afraid to give it to the Jäger master!!!............<whistle>

6. seabreeze

Sorry Phil , but I've heard the " We must Strengthen " in the past and what we've actually strengthen for 6 seasons now and were still here . And like I've said in my previous post , this wasn't a " Player " induced problem , it was an owners' and board created problem . We strengthened last season with our biggest transfer ever , how did that work out for us . And we have new players for next season ... Montero , Cork , Ki , Kingsley , Narsingh these are basically almost unused players .

Last edited: May 18, 2017
  7. seabreeze

IMO the Supporters Trust , now than we retain our Premier League status , wants to be part of the solution and not the problem . If we got relegated the new and old owners would have faced the courts . That being said , the Supporters Trust has the new and old owners over a barrel , be it a small one , and it should be used to try to gain a bit more power and to force the club to become more transparent , which is a massive problem with the club over the past few seasons

8. Mono

Mono Well-Known Member

I just hope that whatever business we do, we do early and don't panic buy at the last minute.

9. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Matthew Bound Still Lurks Well-Known Member

I understand your point and in a small way the Trust were part of the problem , thinking everything was cosy ,rating the Board members as mates but lost sight that who's aims were totally different from the Trusts. not being diligent enough and allowing the Trust director to use his personal business venture and getting paid for his role. How then could the Trust question or criticise the board when they were benefitting personally through their connections to the Club, that a director of the Club was allowed to sell package deals which included much sought after match tickets to his Dutch connections , was that money accounted for ? Pigs in the trough is an image which has stuck in my mind and will remain as long as the old board members hang around , the yanks are here purely for what they can make and we have to accept that but it could have been so different if jerkins & co had shown any scruples in their dealings .

DragonPhilljack likes this.
  10. seabreeze

Compared to what the Old and new owners have done , the Supporters Trust are angels IMO. Hear ya though

11. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

Sod worrying about the trust ...they have no say and cant change a thing. They dont even have much of a voice today and will be ignored for time and time again like they always have......Change must be done from the top and staff like Curtis and the rest need to voice their opinions to the owners instead of saying things in private but afraid to go against Jenkins......As for strengthening it will be a backward step to bring back players who left the club for in their eyes bigger and better clubs,,,, So we should nip that backward step in the bud straight away or we wont be improving we ill be trying to get back the way we was a few years ago and the premiership is a lot tougher today......We need quality new player not old hands,,,,We need to move forward not backwards that we will do if we start bringing back old players......

Stumpy, Jager, Taffvalerowdy and 3 others like this.
  12. 55282

55282 Well-Known Member

Good post.

Taffvalerowdy likes this.
  13. ValleyGraduate12

ValleyGraduate12 Aberdude's Puppet
    Forum Moderator

£2.50? You tight ****er <laugh>

14. ValleyGraduate12

ValleyGraduate12 Aberdude's Puppet
    Forum Moderator

Why is this knob even commenting on the squad? Hopefully Clement will put him in his place.

15. trundles left foot

trundles left foot Well-Known Member

Just watching Fulham v Reading and there are 2 RB on the field and both would be great to push Naughton or start ahead of him in Gunter and Ryan Fradricks.

By the way Al Habsi looks a good keeper as well a couple of **** hot saves.

Taffvalerowdy likes this.
  16. Nosugarman1

Nosugarman1 Well-Known Member

Agree 100% with this.