1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

HUW JENKINS OBE

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by DragonPhilljack, Sep 25, 2015.

1. ValleyGraduate12

ValleyGraduate12 Aberdude's Puppet
    Forum Moderator

2. 55282

55282 Well-Known Member

3. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Matthew Bound Still Lurks Well-Known Member

4. MasterOfNone

MasterOfNone Active Member

DragonPhilljack and 55282 like this.
  5. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

During the 2016–17 preseason, Swansea City came under new ownership by an American consortium led by Jason Levien and Steve Kaplan, who bought a controlling interest in the club in July 2016. The takeover was confirmed by Swansea City, but chairman Huw Jenkins remained at the club.....End of <laugh>

6. Taffvalerowdy

Taffvalerowdy Well-Known Member

Seems that he’s not going anywhere soon....,

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport...a-city-14874051.amp?__twitter_impression=true

“Majority shareholders Jason (Levien) and Steve (Kaplan) like Huw a lot and I am sure they have said before that the way he ran the club was a big factor in them wanting to be involved in Swansea.”

I like my effing dog but .......

DragonPhilljack likes this.
  7. trundles left foot

trundles left foot Well-Known Member

They like him as he is making lots of money for them. the bloke is a joke and I for one hope that Karma will come and get the big nosed ****er big time sometime soon.

8. Nosugarman1

Nosugarman1 Well-Known Member

Does the OBE stand for oh bloody 'ell

9. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

We have lost our club lads, no doubt about that, I'm seriously thinking of not setting a foot back in the Liberty stadium until Jenkins and these Yanks have gone, they are simply asset stripping our club, they and the old boardroom are no longer interested in the football, all very sad indeed.

If Jenkins ever crossed the road in front of my car, I would take great pleasure in running the bastard over...... <ok>

10. Stumpy

Stumpy Well-Known Member

In American parlance appointing Huw Jenkins is a 'screen play' designed to protect Levien and Kaplan from us.

HJ works for them now and is bound by contract. Jenkins allegiance is to the consortium, his paymasters, his job is to be rolled out to take all the flak when required and to do their bidding. He is paid to act on their behalf of the consortium, not the clubs.

11. trundles left foot

trundles left foot Well-Known Member

I am with you 100% on this, will not put a penny into the club till they have ****ed off and the sooner more fans act this way the sooner they will go. I just feel sorry for the dull ****ers who renewed their season tickets early, I wonder if they were given the option to cancel when we were relegated.

12. DragonPhilljack

Those 15000 will soon regret purchasing those tickets as next season progresses, Potter has an impossible job on his hands, I'm not positive at all about next season, and once the parachute payments finish, the Yanks will be off, but where will our club be by then?

Stumpy likes this.
  13. Stumpy

Stumpy Well-Known Member

I was nearly one myself Phill but saw sense. If I go to the Liberty I'll pay on the day, there's sure to be loads of empty seats so I can't see that being a problem.

Last season there was 8 season tickets in the family (aunts, brother, cousins etc), season before last there was 11, next season there's only 2.

Potter does have a difficult job but I think we'll be OK next season. Even if J Ayew and Mawson leave and if we off-load A Ayew and Bony I still think the squad we're left with will be good enough for a top ten mid-table finish. If we manage to keep the squad we've got then play-offs should be the target.

I appreciate the championship is a hard slog but the quality gap there, between top and bottom, is huge and far greater than in the prem where any team, can beat any other on the day.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2018
  14. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Matthew Bound Still Lurks Well-Known Member

Season tickets are now out on general sale with the club stating that 15,000 have already gone . I don't regret buying mine regardless of how the season finished , its still the Swans for better or worse and the Club is bigger than the sell out bastards could ever be

15. neveroffsidereff

neveroffsidereff Well-Known Member

Goes to show how many plastics gave up there season tickets. They must be Cardiff City season ticket holders this season. ;)

16. 55282

55282 Well-Known Member

If there was a season ticket waiting list..........have those on the list been allocated?

Edit,sorry.....

When is the expansion program starting?

I have asked before but........seems the club are now not so positive!!!

17. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

Yeah OK <laugh>

18. Stumpy

Stumpy Well-Known Member

Fair play Matt but I'd rather pay as I go this season. Its just my personal view Matt but forking out for a season ticket under the current regime would leave a sour taste in my mouth. As far as I can see, all the money the club earns, after overheads, will go abroad to pay for the silk linings of share holders suits. These people know nothing about my club and care even less. Their only concern is, how much money he/she can make/take from Swansea City Football Club.

To buy a season ticket to watch us in the Championship costs around £450. Wifey just renewed hers at Hamburg SV and it just cost her €205 (around £180) after loyalty discounts. Her seat has a fantastic, middle tier behind the goal, view of the pitch. Her family can use her ticket when she doesn't and whoever holds the ticket can take up to 5 pay-on-the-day fans who can sit with the season ticket holder and watch the game. All of the profit made from ticket purchase of any kind is used to fund youth football, the second team (U23's equivalent) and Women's football squads of Hamburg SV. There's a 10year waiting list for a season ticket and every fan who pays anything relating to Hamburg SV, season ticket, merchandise, parking or even eats a hot dog on on match day knows that they are making a direct contribution to the club they love. Its very different here isn't it?

Last edited: Jul 11, 2018
  19. FrankfurterBlue

FrankfurterBlue Well-Known Member

But if Matt is going to all (or most) home matches, then he is putting less in the pockets of the club than if he pays at the gate each time. It's a good economic decision and even a good principled one.....if going to watch Swans can be considered a good principle :)
    But your point about German football is a good one...except that all teams in Germany have this basis of ownership and operation....so it is possible to survive on this basis. The UK system alienates against fan ownership ad demands that owners are almost continually putting in money to help the team survive. The Swansea model only works up to a point and then the rich-owner phase starts. indeed, it is mirrored all the way down the leagues. look at Newport.....shot through their opposition as long as their sugar-daddy small-time millionaire was supporting and then struggled when he stopped. (And that is not a punt at them or their supporter....he did what he could and then, presumably, stopped when he could not do more.)

DragonPhilljack likes this.
  20. DragonPhilljack

Well I'm with Stumpy on the issue of buying a season ticket, not for me at the minute with the current climate surrounding the club, I may see the odd game if I see some investment into the squad before the season kicks off, but I doubt that will happen, as it looks like we are throwing everything at the Academy for squad rebuild, the only transfers that I think we will see coming in are those on 'FREE' transfers..............<ok>

Stumpy likes this.