1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

HUW JENKINS MUST GO

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by DragonPhilljack, Dec 21, 2017.

1. Taffvalerowdy

Taffvalerowdy Well-Known Member

Agreed - he’s basically telling us in advance that further cuts and/or player sales are to come....

neveroffsidereff likes this.
  2. neveroffsidereff

neveroffsidereff Well-Known Member

Fire bell is ringing!!

3. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

The truth about the financial performance of our club will be found in the consolidated financial statements of Swansea Football LLC. I would love to have a chat with them about why they needed to set up an incorporated company in Delaware as a parent company of the club? I'm no corporate accountant, but it's obvious to me there was no need for this whatsoever. The only reason I can see that you would do this, is, so that you are able to move money to the US and from there the finance can be appropriated as they deem fit, away from the scrutiny of the Non controlling equity holders, someone please tell me I'm fantasizing down a dark ally!.............................<ok>

Last edited: Feb 9, 2019
  4. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Matthew Bound Still Lurks Well-Known Member

Sorry I'm not financially astute , if you don't believe me ask the wife <cheers>

DragonPhilljack likes this.
  5. Taffvalerowdy

Found this online:

Delaware advantages
    For large businesses, Delaware holds many advantages—but smaller business may not find it as beneficial. Here are the highlights:
    • Delaware’s business law is one of the most flexible in the country.
    • The Delaware Court of Chancery focuses solely on business law and uses judges instead of juries.
    • For corporations, there is no state corporate income tax for companies that are formed in Delaware but do not transact business there (but there is a franchise tax).
    • Taxation requirements are often favorable to companies with complex capitalization structures and/or a large number of authorized shares of stock.
    • There is no personal income tax for non-residents.
    • Shareholders, directors and officers of a corporation or members or managers of an LLC don’t need to be Delaware residents.
    • Stock shares owned by persons outside Delaware are not subject to Delaware taxes.
    Typically the court system is not a primary factor when choosing where to form a business, but Delaware deserves a special mention. The Delaware Court of Chancery is often considered an advantageous venue for shareholder lawsuits. It hears only business cases and uses only judges, no juries. For large corporations with thousands or hundreds of thousands of shareholders, this can be a big plus.

daimungeezer and DragonPhilljack like this.
  6. DragonPhilljack

'The Delaware Court of Chancery is often considered an advantageous venue for shareholder lawsuits.' That's an interesting statement Taff.......................................<ok>

Taffvalerowdy likes this.
  7. Taffvalerowdy

8. 55282

55282 Well-Known Member

9. Mono

Mono Well-Known Member

Evidently it's a non-story, but how would people feel about it if it were the case ? Surely it couldn't be a bigger mistake than where we are now.

neveroffsidereff and 55282 like this.
  10. DragonPhilljack

Taffvalerowdy likes this.

11. DragonPhilljack