1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Hull City v Sunderland - Saturday 16th Sep KO 15:00

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by RTB, Sep 15, 2017.

?

Your Prediction

Poll closed Sep 17, 2017.
  1. Home win

48.5%
  2. Away win

21.2%
  3. Draw

21.2%
  4. Given up already

9.1%
  1. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

Not a stats guy myself either mate but I'd been in a minor huff since the equaliser and was looking for something to cheer me up. I thought we had dominated and should have won but it sounds like a fair result which I can accept.

That's two games now that we've played well in and could easily have won, I reckon it's starting to come together.

clockstander likes this.
  2. red&white wanderer

red&white wanderer Well-Known Member

I heard some on the game on radio and although we were a bit under pressure Williams and Mcmanaman were often involved then my heart missed a beat as JR came on for Williams. he is pretty clueless and lacking in concentrati0on confidence and focus - I think he was booked after about 3 mins for not retreating at a free kick. When Jones replaced McManaman you knew what was gonna happen - at least we got a point.
    I am beggining to wonder about our manager he talks the talk but not sure he walks the walk. You do not try to defend a 1 goal lead with a suspect defence and a dodgy keeper and no creativity in the team.

Makemstine Roger likes this.
  3. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

I'm not going to play the blame game because I haven't seen any of it apart from the goals. I do hate the tactic of trying to hold onto a one goal advantage because it never works but in Grayson's defence it wasn't a strong bench and it wasn't his fault that a weak toe poke took a deflection and beat the keeper.

red&white wanderer likes this.
  4. red&white wanderer

I am a Grayson fan just and I'm not outrightly blaming him I am just concerned about his substitutions or lack of when needed - we got a point and he's still assessing some underperforming players (Rodwell) - I would'nt judge any manager or our team until at least end of October
    Hopefully we'll have a stronger line up against Cardiff our next game :emoticon-0148-yes:

5. RTB

RTB Well-Known Member

We play Everton midweek <whistle>

red&white wanderer likes this.
  6. red&white wanderer

oops <doh> next league game - throw more of the kids in against Everton and we'll possibly win :emoticon-0148-yes:

7. DAPARKERSAFC

DAPARKERSAFC Well-Known Member

I'd be making 11 changes for the Everton game even if it means playing no recognised striker.

Our players in nearly every game seem to tire around the 70 minute mark. I hope Grayson keeos them fresh for Cardiff

We can't afford to play Vaughan that's for sure

8. master-simpson

master-simpson Well-Known Member

Thought Vaughan's goal was a cracker - hopefully that will have given him a lift.

Pleased with the draw - 1 more point than I thought we'd get.

Bart

9. Vincemac

Vincemac Well-Known Member

Their goal was deflected in off kone
    I still think the keeper should of saved it.
    However he did have one of his better games

10. Brian Storm

Brian Storm Well-Known Member

Stats are way beyond the **** they drop at the bottom of the BBC pages, you can build a proper picture with the right information. As 83 says, from most stats you don't know where the shots are going. So, get your stats from a place powered by the official stat collector of the game, who give you the relevant details. For example, we can find out where everyone of all our shots went. 3 on target 1 of which was a goal while 2 were central shots saved, 1 wide and over, 1 over and 4 blocked. Not much of a sniff really.

upload_2017-9-17_15-58-58.png

11. Brian Storm

Brian Storm Well-Known Member