1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Hull City v Sheff Utd

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Chazz Rheinhold, Apr 21, 2019.

1. Newland Tiger

Newland Tiger Well-Known Member

You would have thought all this is common sense , I'm sure many of us have gone in a home section at an away ground knowing full well that you keep quiet and don't draw any attention to yourself . If you start acting like a dickhead then that's at your own risk .

2. Barchullona

Barchullona Well-Known Member

Can it get any more embarrassing? Meanwhile Ehab tells us our ticketing system is the best one and all the others are failing. So can he explain why teams that have been below us all season get better crowds and only Brentford and Rotherham have a smaller average?

3. Barchullona

Worth recalling that 3 City fans got tickets in the Stretford End through mates with Manchester addresses. They got thrown out for not celebrating when Man Utd scored as it was said that antagonised the home fans. No walking them round to join the other City fans.

4. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

Police commander Chief Inspector Paul Butler said: “Two men were arrested following a fight between opposing fans inside the stadium. The stadium security were quick to act and identify those involved.

“This was a small pocket of away fans within the home stand and in addition to the two arrests we dealt with 16 people for public order offences and they were ejected from the stadium“.

5. BlackAndAmberGambler

BlackAndAmberGambler Well-Known Member

Don't be so naive Barch. What also puzzles me is that after the game the thick plod opened the gates and let Sheffield fans and City fans mix in West Park.

Police Intelligence. Do me a ****ing favour.<doh>

6. BlackAndAmberGambler

BlackAndAmberGambler Well-Known Member

"And in real news, an 80 year old lady was caught by Humberside Police driving at 32mph in a 30 Zone."

7. GerryHatrick

GerryHatrick Well-Known Member

The old chestnut of away fans in home ends and the equally old oxymoron 'Police Intelligence'.

Team going for promotion, sunny Easter weekend, 70 or so miles to travel, history between the two teams involved, plenty of seats (stands?) with yawning open spaces in the ground. Its not hard to work out in advance that supporters sans billets would travel and that 'trouble' was likely.

Those of a level headed persuasion may have expected the rozzers to have been on high alert specially after the trouble at the Biggest Derby In The World. For them to have let it happen twice in a couple of days on their own patch almost makes them look, well, incompetent.

Still, they can identify from their camcorder recordings, the Hullensian 'trouble causers' and justify their existence by rounding a few up over the coming days. Overlooking the fact that the trouble causers were actually from another town, not too far from huddersfield or millwall.

And talking of oxymorons, what of Ehabs membership ticketing system. Introduced to stop adults falsifying entrance to the ground and paying kids prices, but unable to prevent ****field fannies falsifying details to get into home stands.

Shambles.

8. Dr. Stanley

Dr. Stanley Well-Known Member

9. augustatiger

augustatiger Well-Known Member

I had a Bristol City scout sat next to me in W5.
    I reported it but he didn’t get arrested!
    He didn’t make many notes either!

10. TwoWrights

TwoWrights Well-Known Member

"TreeHugger, post: 12757389, member: 1025352"]Oh god. You still don't acknowledge the presence of puffins a Flamborough Cliffs? Yes Bempton also has some but Flamborough has too. Heck, Flamborough even had a Puffin Festival last year. Seriously, take a trip. There are loads on the cliffs with the Kittiwakes, Guillemots, Razorbills, etc."
    Puffins on the cliffs at Flamborough eh, as opposed to arboreal ****ehawks on here!

The views expressed in my posts are not necessarily mine.

11. Barchullona

12. Top_Tiger

Top_Tiger Well-Known Member

This a 100 times over.

13. charon-the-ferryman

charon-the-ferryman Well-Known Member

there were a number of away fans in North Stand - they started climbing all over the netting to get out and into the away end - the South Yorkshire Police helped them and did nothing - pigs looking after pigs I suppose- the only person who was bothered at all was our head steward who grabbed a couple of them and turfed them out - pathetic policing

allowentry likes this.
  14. Rock'n'Roll

Rock'n'Roll Well-Known Member

Wow! Somehow missed that sudden midweek matchday totally. Seems like gameplay wasn't most important thing yesterday. Hope everyone is alive and fit to go on supporting till the end.

15. look_back_in_amber

look_back_in_amber Well-Known Member

I think most of the players missed it too.

Howden Tigress and Rock'n'Roll like this.
  16. City Man

City Man Well-Known Member

Have to hand it to Wilder. it's some achievement getting a team of modest talent promoted.

Don't think that style of play will be anywhere near good enough to stay up, and they have no obvious PL larkers in the squad.

Looking forward to playing them again in 20/21 - assuming we don't go down next season.