1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Hull City v Sheff Utd

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Chazz Rheinhold, Apr 21, 2019.

1. Barchullona

Barchullona Well-Known Member

Is there a Sheffield copper issuing stern warnings about going on away ends and saying anyone ejected for doing so will face banning orders like we used to get?
    I will guess no.

2. Newland Tiger

Newland Tiger Well-Known Member

Same here , was there really any trouble except some away fans in the home sections ?

As a club we have never properly dealt with this issue and away fans are generally allowed to stay even if they openly celebrate
    opposition goals . This is always a potential cause of trouble .

DMD likes this.
  3. Barchullona

Sometimes you think Hull isn't geared up to be a football city given the ineptness of police, stewards and club in these matters. Too much like a small town in its approach rather than a big city.

4. TreeHugger

TreeHugger Well-Known Member

I never understand football fans fighting each other. Or why it is a problem (in a potential violence way) to have away fans in home sections.

How does anybody's mind work in such a way that makes them want to physically hurt somebody just because they support a different football team? Most of the time the reason they support a different team is because they were born in a different place.

Next time I go to a gig in Manchester, Sheffield or somewhere I might just punch everyone in the face because they weren't born where I was born.

It really baffles me but then my brain isn't wired up like most people's, maybe I'm the odd one.

hullborn likes this.
  5. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

With a name like treehugger...

6. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

That's quite possibly the worst analogy ever posted on here. <laugh>

Sir Cheshire Ben likes this.
  7. Leon T Trout AFC

Leon T Trout AFC Well-Known Member

I've been in the 'home end' loads of times - even the 'away end' at Bootferry Park - but have always respected the other team by keeping schtum.

Say respected, more for self preservation actually but right or wrong, openly celebrating/goading home fans in this manner is tantamount to inciting violence.

8. TreeHugger

Please explain.

9. SimonGraysJacket

SimonGraysJacket Well-Known Member

Me and a few mates bought tickets in the home end for Austria v England in a qualifier in Vienna a few years ago..we went 2-0 up and celebrated....that got a little tasty. We were never ejected, there were plenty of other England fans scattered about too, however the game finished 2-2, so that calmed things down a little.

****ing hell, just Googled it that was 2004........scary.

10. SimonGraysJacket

O/T - I have only been to one game this season, luckily the 6-0 !!!!!

Has there been any news on next seasons memberships.....staying....going.....**** knows as usual?
    My mate who still goes with his lad said no-one has heard anything as yet???

11. Des Head

Des Head Well-Known Member

Have a word, mate. "Only handbags"? Some poor **** has his sunglasses knocked off and you think the plod are overreacting?

12. dennisboothstash

dennisboothstash Well-Known Member

I think memberships just simply roll on for ever and ever, so no one would hear anything I don't think

Only way to not have one, at the moment, is by cancelling it (its like a gym membership)

13. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

Your analogy would only work, if you were an absolutely passionate Oasis fan, went to one of their gigs and half way through the bloke in front of you spun round and started getting in your face and shouting about how Blur are better.

14. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

I went in a box at Old Trafford in our first Premier League season, when Cousin scored one of our lads spun round and shouted 'ave it' at the fans behind us, he was immediately ejected. <laugh>

15. Tickton Tiger.

Tickton Tiger. Well-Known Member

The enquiry will probably ask why there were no bottles thrown like there were at the rugby in the same stand a couple of days earlier, or has that minor 'it never happens at rugby' incident already been forgotten about ?

16. SimonGraysJacket

Yeah I thought they were reviewing it for next season, although if I recall from the fans meeting notes Eknob seems more determined than ever to keep it

17. TreeHugger

I suspected that might be the answer. It's not right though.

My point was that people "support our local team". They support a team based on where they are from generally.

The person 'getting in your face' isn't really a requirement for my point. In fact that person would be the subject of my point. Why would anybody get in anybody's face about a team they support? Why does there have to be a reaction or action? Why would somebody claiming a team from where they are from is better than the team from where you are from make anybody need to resort to violence?

Also please don't suggest I'm an Oasis fan. You crossed a line there.

18. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

ARF!

If there was no reaction, there'd be no issue, it only kicks off if someone jumps up when the opposition scores.

19. TreeHugger

Arf?

Why? Why does it kick off because somebody is happy that the team they support scored a goal?

It really makes no sense. I feel I'll never get an answer (or maybe there is no answer) which will make it make sense.

20. Barchullona

The fact you don't understand it doesn't mean it doesn't happen. The Mods and Rockers battles must have thrown you.
    Of course rugby fans attack people from the same city. That must really confuse you.