1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Hull City v Rotherham

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Chazz Rheinhold, Feb 12, 2019.

1. Kempton

Kempton Well-Known Member

Oh **** it, it's all Kemptons fault. Crack on :biggrin:

2. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

Ye you

Kempton likes this.
  3. dennisboothstash

dennisboothstash Well-Known Member

I can see the logic behind thinking it might be a good move, I just think that the people affected who didn’t have the opportunity to make suggestions direct to the club should have had the chance to voice their views too.

It felt a bit underhanded that fans were making suggestions to the club that they knew would impact on other fans without it being openly discussed to be honest.

4. askewshair

askewshair Well-Known Member

Sorry pathetic attempt at humour, explaining the difference bewteen the ref stats. That is appalling research from teh journalist though.

5. Newland Tiger

Newland Tiger Well-Known Member

I'm not sure you can equate the 2 situations really , the vast majority were against the removal of concessions

6. askewshair

Until reading this thread (Rotherham matchday thread obviously), I believed that the motive for the move was engineered by Allams to break up the noisy hooligan 'No' voters in E1 and E2. And that was the begining of the end for any worthy protests, as many of the more militant support started boycotting or just lost interest. It was a master stroke in divide and rule. And we're still squabbling about it even now!! I clearly have given them too much credit, we basicallly handed the idea to them on a plate then. Though I will say the divisive part was probably more how it was carried out, ie lack of consultation/ time etc.
    At the time, I did think those unaffected were very selfish (and never thought anyone would believe it was a good thing), but it was immediately after the cup final, and everone was battle weary after a depressing season off the field. In hindsight, the Allams fingers in ears approach regarding fans views on consultation (and adnything else) leaves us in no real doubt that CTWD's or anyone else's support would have made no difference at all.

balkan tiger likes this.
  7. dennisboothstash

dennisboothstash Well-Known Member

Yeah I did say it was poorly worded, and you’re right it’s not a great analogy, but the principle is the same in that it’s irrelevant whether you’ll change the owners view or not I’d still think anyone who did support them was a bit ****ty

Newland Tiger and DMD like this.
  8. x

x Well-Known Member

ah, sorry i didn't twig - i don't find it easy with print. but soccerbase certainly has a number of shortcomings. it could have been a fantastic site, but it isn't. once its creator sold it to sport365 or daily mirror or whoever it lost that personal touch.

9. askewshair

Those who genuinely thought the support would be noisier if we moved to the North stand, did you believe the Allams went ahead with it for that very same reason and had no other motive?
    Considering the protests were at their peak at the time, did you honestly believe the Allams would have risked the protests becoming noisier?
    Did you not think it odd that he actually listened and acted on what the fans wanted?
    I actually go back to my original conclusion. Though it was handed to him on a plate, and others had thought of this move for other reasons, his sole motive for the move was to divide and conquer the noisy minority. By making the process of moving as difficult as he could get away with, he was able to do so.

10. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

No fans actually discussed it with the Allams as far as I'm aware, the discussions were between Mooney and the Ulltras. The Allams may have been motivated by other factors, but not necessarily.

We all assume that the Allams are pissed off with certain groups and individuals and act against them wherever possible, but one thing I learned from my meeting with Ehab, was that he had absolutely no idea who I was or how critical I'd been of him.

Newland Tiger likes this.

11. City Man

City Man Well-Known Member

The Allams devote very little time or energy to Hull City.

It's nowhere near as interesting to them as it is to us. People are overthinking a simple situation.

For the record and for the umpteenth time, away fans should have been shoved in the NW corner away from the cameras and microphones.

12. askewshair

Mooney was there representing Allams and reported back to them, so irrelevant. They invested in renovations to make it happen, so were motivated by something. As I said earlier, it certainly wasn't to increase the volume of the singing section.

DMD and dennisboothstash like this.