1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Hull City v Rotherham

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Chazz Rheinhold, Feb 12, 2019.

1. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

Where have I said differently? <doh>

2. Kempton

Kempton Well-Known Member

I'm not one of them that can find quotes from years ago, but you definitely claimed it was the FA that saved our name and that it had nothing to do with CTWD.

3. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

So it's just something you think you recall, yet you can't recall not too many posts back me saying that the topic at hand is nothing to do with CTWD, and it's you and a couple of others that keep trying to drag them in. :emoticon-0114-dull:

4. Kempton

Oh you are ****ing joking, surely. It isn't you that keeps dragging this up? <doh>

5. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

Have a look back, CTWD is dragged in by others, I've repeatedly said they're a red herring, and in the hope rather than an expectation it'll stop you dribbling on, I'll repeat it again. <doh>

6. Kempton

Go on then, get it out of your system...

7. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

It seems to be your system that's stuck. I was talking about the situation with the seat move. Despite me saying that as a group CTWD were irrelevant to it, you seem to somehow want to defend them from a claim that hasn't been made. <doh>

8. Kempton

You wanted CTWD to fight the seat move. Others didn't. We were more concerned with the name change.

Just because you wanted the seat move to be priority, doesn't mean we had to do that.

I could vote for Jeremy Clarkson for Prime minister, but when that didn't happen, I couldn't feel hard done to.

You didn't get your way. Get over it.

9. Barchullona

Barchullona Well-Known Member

It was the FA that stopped the name change. But would they have come down on our side if it wasn't for the protests? I guess we'll never know.

Van Winkle bamber likes this.
  10. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

Someone claimed that earlier, and I explained why the claim was wrong. <doh>

It seems you don't read replies, but stick rigidly to your own misguided and ill-informed view.

11. Kempton

I'm far from ill-informed, Dutch. Anyway, bed now.

Some things are a really big deal for some people, but the same things can be far less important to others.

I'm genuinely sorry the seat move went ahead, but at the time and not seeing into the future, I supported it.

This stuff hurts my brain. Where's Fez?

12. Obadiah

Obadiah Well-Known Member

My recollection was that DMD wanted CTWD to help facilitate the movement of groups of supporters so they could remaining sitting together in the North Stand. Which is what he did as an individual. He thought CTWD could do that more effectively than an individual.

It was me that thought CTWD should oppose the seat move.

DMD likes this.
  13. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

You've certainly managed to hide that well in these exchanges.

People divert these exchanges down meaningless dead ends, so the issues don't get fully discussed and lessons don't get learned. A lot of the predictions made at the time,and that some of us took dogs abuse for, sadly came all too true. Yet we still get dogs abuse.

From this side, the desire from some to defend a claim that hasn't even been made, suggests it's them not me that have the issues.

Despite the attempts from some to claim otherwise, I'm quite happy with my lot, and have more than come to terms with events. It looks like a few others have a few doubts and regrets about their own decisions at the time and the fall out from that.

14. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

Once it was clear individuals among them were not interested, it wasn't even CTWD as such, more just an opportunity to use some of their resources as a focus. Nobody from the group would have been put to much, if any extra work as others were willing to do it. It was win win really. Opportunities lost imho.

I get accused of going on, but the bulk of these exchanges are spent trying to correct the incorrect claims others keep on demanding it's about.

15. dennisboothstash

dennisboothstash Well-Known Member

I’m not sure. I only meant I’d think it was **** if they did (poorly worded, soz)

Kempton and DMD like this.
  16. x

x Well-Known Member

it has most cup games. it also has very few player details before the premier league started, and no will to add earlier data, but there's a lot for more recent seasons, including sub appearances. anything you're missing in particular?

17. dennisboothstash

dennisboothstash Well-Known Member

I didn’t actually know you had supported the seat move at the time until this post (probably just me not reading stuff properly though)
    I’m genuinely curious about why you thought it was a good thing at the time?

18. John Ex Aberdeen now E.R.

John Ex Aberdeen now E.R. Well-Known Member

It's an interesting point as if my memory serves me correctly Greg Dyke was in favour of the name change, so without the excellent work CTWD did and the protest things might have been different.

dennisboothstash likes this.
  19. Kempton

Glad you say "at the time", because in hindsight, I can see it was a big mistake.

I and many others thought it would be a good idea because the singing sections of the stadium seemed too spread out.

It was thought that placing everyone who wanted to make a noise in one stand would be a good idea and I agreed.

I/we didn't know how this would be implemented... We ****ed up.

However I still don't believe, in fact i now know (surely we all do) that had CTWD made an issue of it, it wouldn't have made a blind bit of difference anyway. The move would still have gone ahead.

We can't tell the Allams how to run their business. Nobody can.

So really, I don't see what all the fuss is about now, here in 2019.

As for Dutch, well this must be the longest 'i told you so' in the history of 606 <laugh>

Newland Tiger and balkan tiger like this.
  20. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

You're simply confirming my earlier point that you don't really know what's gone on, and most likely never will, as you clearly don't read the replies and keep arguing against a claim that hasn't been made.

It's ignorance like that that keeps the problems recurring and fans divided.