1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Hull City v Rotherham

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Chazz Rheinhold, Feb 12, 2019.

1. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

It was claimed to be 10,785, so will have been somewhere between 9-9,500.

It was like a training game, or when you stay back to see the U23's, you could hear what the players were saying it was that quiet.

Gone For A Walk likes this.
  2. Godrevy Buoy

Godrevy Buoy Well-Known Member

As well as being a steady centre half Elphick also led the line well. He was a good mentor to the young players. We knew we needed a replacement early in the window and yet wouldn’t spend any money to get what was an absolute priority. Ended up with an old free transfer who hasn’t played enough to go a full game. Two injuries and we are shafted. Got to wait for players to get back to fitness but forget the play offs. We had a chance but not now. Might be a bit of doom and gloom around but given the squad it was unrealistic to think we could keep that golden run going. We would all have taken this position at the start of the season so lets go again.

3. johnbo

johnbo Well-Known Member

I agree the big lad (number5) looked good and I would be watching him now, they were overall a big side and basically did bully us, knocked some of our smaller players off the ball and won most 50/50's. Losing our two big central defenders dosnt help not only in the way we defend but also at set pieces at the other end. Crowd seemed flat through out, team did second half. 2.up against Rotherham, and end up drawing, very poor.

4. mplooney

mplooney Well-Known Member

And I can't see the crowds improving. There is precious little to excite interest now that we are settled in mid-table and I suspect players who are out of contract or seeking a move will take their foot off the gas now and that won't help things.

5. East_Stand_Always

East_Stand_Always Active Member

I went last night. First time I've bought a ticket in 4 years although I had got the odd freebie though a contact who used to work for a company associated with the club. The firs thing I noticed being back in the East Stand is there is no 'customer service' we have become the Ryanair of football clubs. There was no programme seller inside the concourse, no half time draw ticket sellers. The East Stand used to be full of vocal supporters, young and old. Last nights it seemed full of 50 somethings looking to get away from the wife for a few hours.(bit of a generalisation) It was devoid of any atmosphere. A mate of mine takes his lad to Leeds (lives local to Leeds) and in their family stand he pays around £30 for him and a £5 for his kids. There is a lack of 16-30 year old fans at matches it seems.

Anyway on to the game. First half we used our skill and to an extent pace to control the game but were sloppy on occasion. The team used the wingers to our advantage and really pressed but we seemed to do that because we were ineffective through the middle. I had great expectations for our captain last night. There have been a lot of positive comments on his performances but last night he was poor. A cardboard captain. Not vocal, kept being beaten to the ball and didn't lead. They score their 2nd and instead of being vocal he just stood with his head in his hands. To me that isn't a leader.

The 2nd half we had no game plan and appeared one dimensional. Every single ball from goal was taken by Ridgewell and passed diagonally to McKenzie who lumped it forwards to Turbo. Nothing down the right or through the middle and it cost us 2 points. McKenzie is a confident young defender who did reasonably well against some big players but he isn't yet at the level we need. He could get there but we need more vocal and supportive players around him. I don't think he had that last night.

Bowen 2nd half was poor but again he got no service.

Despite the result I enjoyed being back. I missed going to see City over the last 4 years regularly but can't justify over £1000 on season tickets for me and my 5 year old lad especially when he wouldn't be able to attend night matches (school and 1.5hr drive home).

6. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

Not sure this chap was all that happy with our performance last night...

7. GLP

GLP Well-Known Member

I assume English is not his first language.

8. kingstontiger

kingstontiger Well-Known Member

Welcome back and hope you do come again despite the current problems. Interesting to get a fresh perspective on our captain. I'm afraid I feel he has been like that most of the time in my opinion and would echo everything you put so succinctly. Quite good at playing to the crowd with the odd chest thump but yes, not a true leader and doesn't win anywhere enough challenges for a supposed holding midfield player. Others will disagree of course - it's all about opinions.

East_Stand_Always likes this.
  9. Kempton

Kempton Well-Known Member

Unless he's a Gangsta...

10. mplooney

mplooney Well-Known Member

Grimberian?

11. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

The East Stand at kick off...

east stand rotherham.jpg

East_Stand_Always likes this.
  12. East_Stand_Always

Thanks. Glad it isn't just me.Being vocal may not have been the right word but when you compare him to Ashbee and more recently Dawson and Davies they got into their team mates when they conceded. I want to see some fight not just a good interview in the local rag or programme. I will be back. Will try to get to another home game with the lad before the end of the season.

13. East_Stand_Always

= Failed membership scheme + Failed ownership + failed fan engagement + failed community engagement

tigercity, GLP and Kempton like this.
  14. Kempton

= EPIC FAIL.

Howden Tigress likes this.
  15. Tigger

Tigger Well-Known Member

I complained this morning. They apologised and said they had a lot of other dissatisfied customers. I told them about the problems you and my friend in South Africa had. I took the liberty of calling you a friend as well! They gave me a full refund. I'll be using that to give MIllwall a try. If that's no better I won't be using it again.

Perhaps I should make it clear that I complained about the streaming although from what I saw, those of you who attended should complain about the second half and ask for half of your money back too.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2019
  16. TIGERSCAVE

TIGERSCAVE Well-Known Member

The sentiment was bang on no matter the language!!!... well maybe not the mother bit...

17. Tentotwo

Tentotwo Well-Known Member

Im sure a fair few can remember when 10 k (or whatever )would have been a good gate at Fer Ark when Pearson and Wilkinson got involved with the club. Point being,back then no local business’s wanted to know City in our hour of need and as from what I can see now,no ****er will want to know us again whilst these clowns are still in charge. Promoting charge my arse. Last night was like a morgue,the spoon fed expectations some of our more gullible had fallen for soon became another bad dream whilst many more voted with there feet yet again. The bastards have done it on the cheap,and will get away with it again solely due to effort,team spirit and believe Adkins had installed to his best eleven available.

18. Kempton

My old block has roughly thirty people in it.
    That's so sad to see.

I can look at this picture and see the ghosts of the people who sat in that stand with me, I can see their faces and remember the banter.

We all went through something good together, got to know each other a little bit.

We were a community, all there for one cause.

It's all been trashed.

19. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

Aye, but that's only because everyone moved in to the North Stand to improve the atmosphere.

20. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

It most certainly has, and some were heavily criticised when they mentioned such things and predicted it, but I'm liable to start banging my drum again.

dennisboothstash likes this.