1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Hull City v Preston NE

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Chazz Rheinhold, Sep 24, 2017.

1. Cortez91

Cortez91 Moderator
    Forum Moderator

So the new half time entertainment is literally shooting the crowd. Wonder who thought of that?

2. Willson

Willson Well-Known Member

I'd have rather been shot than have to watch that second half!

Cortez91 likes this.
  3. Plum

Plum Well-Known Member

Those who can play football are already attracted by the money available, doesn't make them better footballers though. If you're crap you're just crap no matter how much you get paid or how much effort you put in.

4. charon-the-ferryman

charon-the-ferryman Well-Known Member

so why are there so many **** footballers playing in the Championship - when I was in my teens I had trials with a couple of clubs - didn't like the money so I followed a different path - many did - ie not all good footballers went into football - my point was that considering how much money is being paid in the game today you would have thought we would be awash with good players - clearly there isn't so why are there so many **** footballers today - the moneys gone up but standards have gone down - that was the point NOT that paying more money makes someone a good footballer

5. TIGERSCAVE

TIGERSCAVE Well-Known Member

Maybe the desire to improve. Maybe someone told them they were a great player and decided they couldn't get any better, so they stopped trying and were happy to rack up for training for a couple of hours and play a couple of games a week for 500k annually when they didn't get the big move. Then throw in one or three bonuses, maybe a signing on fee a few times... Happy Days. None of this staying behind for hours perfecting a technique lark..

6. Plum

Plum Well-Known Member

I don't know when you were in your teens, maybe the money and the prospects at that time were not good so the decision to follow a different career path was easier to make. Today kids know that if they're any good they'll get more money than most any other career will give them. The fact is that there just aren't that many great players around. The really good ones are in the PL or higher, less good ones in the Championship, then League 1 and so it goes. I really don't believe there are loads of good players knocking around who decided on different career paths because of money.

7. oldman

oldman Well-Known Member

When it opens again Den, West Stand Upper. It's nirvana for people like us.

dennisboothstash likes this.