1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Hull City v Norwich city

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by DUNCAN DONUTS, Nov 26, 2018.

?

Win lose or draw ?

Poll closed Dec 3, 2018.
  1. Win

76.9%
  2. Draw

15.4%
  3. Lose

7.7%
  1. DUNCAN DONUTS

DUNCAN DONUTS SOCIAL JUSTICE WARRIOR

2. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

From today’s presser - Leitner has a late fitness test for tomorrow’s game at KCOM, but that may give Trybull a chance to show what he can do. Bendy seems OK to play and Hanley should be in the squad. Might be a good thing if Leitner is injured, as that would mean that he can’t get his 5th yellow and should be fit for the 2 home games against Rotherham and Bolton. Aarons is also on 4 yellows, so needs to be careful.
    Chris Martin is on loan at Hull, so he’ll probably play and score against us. Just because Hull are at the wrong end of the table is meaningless and I’m sure DF will emphasise the need for everyone to start strongly and stay focussed.
    You have to love this man - https://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/norwi...me-is-all-that-matters-to-farke-now-1-5795816

Edit - I feel that IF we can get a victory tomorrow night, it would ‘lay down a marker’ for the rest of the season.
    As this MFW article highlights, we were ABYSMAL against teams in the lower reaches of the Championship last season, so IMO, it’s probably our most important game in the last few weeks.

http://norwichcity.myfootballwriter...-half-of-table-that-will-define-citys-seasom/

Last edited: Nov 26, 2018
    Resurgam and DUNCAN DONUTS like this.
  3. Walsh.i.am

Walsh.i.am Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Possible Championship table swings tonight, for any stat fans out there.

please log in to view this image

DHCanary likes this.
  4. Forgot_My_Lines

Forgot_My_Lines Well-Known Member

5. Walsh.i.am

Forum Moderator

Let's hope for lots of "slapstick defensive behaviour" from the Tigers tonight <laugh>

JM Fan and Forgot_My_Lines like this.
  6. Forgot_My_Lines

Hell yea!

We can't do it again can we!? Surely law of averages come into play soon!

JM Fan likes this.
  7. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

8. DHCanary

DHCanary Very Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

It probably means little, but it's interesting how those only 7 teams who could be in a play-off spot after this round of fixtures, you don't have to go back far to find a similar diagram showing a dozen. A breakaway top 7 would be very welcome.

Walsh.i.am likes this.
  9. Walsh.i.am

Forum Moderator

A bit lengthy, but the MDT on the Hull forum has some gems already <ok>
    e.g.
    The ‘wich’ in its name means it was originally a salt-mining settlement.
    Norwich was the first place in England to introduce a local newspaper in 1701 and postcodes in 1959.
    Norwich is home to one of only two dedicated puppet theatres in the UK

Norwich Market is one the oldest and the largest open air market in the country.

Norwich is the only UK city to have been excommunicated by the Pope
    Sixteen Revelations Of Divine Love by Dame Julian of Norwich, written about 1393, is thought to have been the first book in English written by a woman.

Norwich has the largest walled centre and longest run of medieval defences in England.
    The spire of Norwich Cathedral is 315 feet high – second only to that of Salisbury.
    The Norfolk coastline was the first part of Britain settled by early man.The earliest known British settlement is in Happisburgh, Norfolk.

Not really Norwich, and a bit long but I couldn't resist it. The Reverend Harold Davidson of Stiffkey in north Norfolk was unfrocked in 1932. Known as the Prostitutes’ Padre as a result of his tireless efforts to save hundreds of vulnerable girls from a life on the streets, he divided his time between his sleepy Norfolk parish and the seamy back alleys of Soho.

The Bishop of Norwich hired a private detective to follow Reverend Davidson around London, but found little credible evidence against him. Nevertheless, Davidson was found guilty of five charges of immoral conduct.

His response to the withdrawal of his clerical stipend was to turn himself into a seaside performer, protesting his innocence in bizarre ways such as conducting a hunger strike in a barrel at Blackpool, pretending to be roasted on the spit by the devil and appearing in Skegness as Daniel in a den of real lions. This went horribly wrong when he accidentally stood on the tail of one of the lions and was mauled to death.

10. Walsh.i.am

Forum Moderator

DMD and DUNCAN DONUTS like this.

11. canary-dave

canary-dave Well-Known Member

That's some incredible research! WOW!

DMD and DUNCAN DONUTS like this.
  12. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

Yes FML - I keep expecting the 'wheels to come off' one day soon, but seems like no one has told the players!!! :emoticon-0104-surpr

13. Walsh.i.am

Forum Moderator

Vrancic for Leitner wouldn't be the end of the world.
    A decision most managers would love to be faced with <ok>
    Especially as I believe ML his on four yellow cards.
    Alex Neil did incredibly well to get us up but this somehow
    feels different, despite less than half the season having gone?

14. Bravo_Win_or_Die

Bravo_Win_or_Die Active Member

Given Hull’s recent Premier league pedigree, I fear they may be better equipped to stop us. Bit like the Stoke game, they could hope to sneak a lead and then have 11 behind the ball for most of the game. When they do get the ball expect playing for free kicks, corners, style.

Hopefully our normal game can overcome.

JM Fan likes this.
  15. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

Correct, as is Aarons. <yikes>
    Tettey is on 2 yellows!!! #unbelievable

I guess you haven't been able to see any games live, as TV doesn't the movement off the ball, which is BR;;iANT
    Also, we're starting to get players 'in the box'. - something I don't EVER remember seeing at CR!!!

16. DUNCAN DONUTS

Match facts
    • Hull are unbeaten in four home league matches against Norwich (W3 D1) since a 2-1 defeat in April 2007.
    • Norwich have won one of their past eight league games against Hull (D3 L4), a 1-0 win in the Premier League in January 2014.
    • After picking up just two points from their previous seven games (D2 L5), Hull City have won seven points from their last 12 available in the Championship (W2 D1 L1).
    • Norwich City have lost only one of their past 13 league games (W10 D2), winning each of the last six in a row. The Canaries last won seven in a row in January 2010 (8 wins).
    • Norwich striker Teemu Pukki has scored five goals in his past three league appearances for the Canaries

17. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

Nah, Nah, Nah - we've won 12 points from 12 available !!. Scored 13 goals (6 different names on the scoresheet) and conceded 5.
    Didn't they get a 'fake' penalty last season???

18. DUNCAN DONUTS

Huh?

19. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

Cheers. <cheers>

It's only really a five minute google I used to do it for most games, but don't bother so much now. It started as a bit of a piss take of the 'match day facts' that tend to get posted, and I think it's better than the normal 'it's a **** hole' stuff. I'm the sort of sad sack that likes trivia.

20. Forgot_My_Lines

Keep it up. I think it's a great idea.

DMD likes this.