1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Hull City v Newcastle Utd

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Chazz Rheinhold, Jul 22, 2018.

1. TIGERSCAVE

TIGERSCAVE Well-Known Member

Doesn't take any prisoners De Wijs...<laugh><laugh>

kirkellatiger and allowentry like this.
  2. allowentry

allowentry Well-Known Member

FT 2-2 decent performance, need a few more in for back up or competition

3. TIGERSCAVE

TIGERSCAVE Well-Known Member

Only saw the last 25..... we looked fit, closed down well. Disjointed definitely, but that'll come I hope. Youngsters did ok. We are so lacking up top...

4. brownbagtiger

brownbagtiger Well-Known Member

Milinkovic? Looks like he’ll fill the “wave your arms and moan a lot” niche vacated by Snoddy and Elmo.

BrAdY likes this.
  5. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

Let's hope he's as **** as those two eh.

6. Amin Yapusi

Amin Yapusi Well-Known Member

Adkins out

7. brownbagtiger

That was nine quid well spent. Once we warmed up we played well. Still some rough edges that need sorting out, but the team actually looks like they’ve met each other before. All of the new boys seem ok.

Stand outs for me were Lichaj, who seems to have slotted right in, and Henriksen who has got the hang of English Championship football at last and is finally the player he’s always threatened to be. Hope he stays captain.

With a bit more polish, we’ve got a solid mid-table team. If we had a striker that could find the net, we could be pushing for top half and maybe even scrape playoffs.

CANADATIGER and Meyho like this.
  8. City Man

City Man Well-Known Member

There appears to be even less going on in Tyneside than there is here in Humberside. But then again many people from up there have moved down here for work, so maybe a lot of exiles turn out when NUFC come to town.

The current owners of our club are still playing their little games if tonight;s programme is owt to go by. Cover still manages to avoid using our name as does the back page with the team sheets, where they use the nameless crest to indicate our team squad list. Sad little ego still reminding everyone it's his toy and he won't share it.

Penalising people £2 for buying in the club shop on the day smacks of vindictiveness, short sightedness, pettiness, ignorance and meanness. Why punish your own fans in this way ffs?????

It's the type of thing you might expect from an opposing club, not your own.

To cap it all, the female mascot Amber now has a panda's head.

Hilarious if it wasn't sign of how chaotic/poorly managed we've become.

9. AlRawdah

AlRawdah Well-Known Member

A panda's head? I don't think it's as black and white as that.

GLP and dennisboothstash like this.
  10. BrAdY

BrAdY Well-Known Member

grosicki might finally come good?

11. Plum

Plum Well-Known Member

Can it be that we got through a game with no injuries?

12. brownbagtiger

Todd Kane limped off, hope it’s nothing serious.

He is a dead ringer for Max Clark. If we didn’t know Max had gone Dutch I would have sworn that was him on the pitch.

13. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

Nigel Adkins was pleased with what he saw from his Hull City side as they held Newcastle United to a 2-2 draw on Tuesday night.
    The Tigers produced their most encouraging performance of pre-season as they more than matched their Premier League opponents at the KCOM Stadium.

After falling behind to Joselu’s 15th-minute opener, Adkins’ side responded in fine fashion to level before the break through Todd Kane’s close-range finish. Evandro then fired Adkins’ men into a lead on the hour mark, giving the home side an advantage they held until Ayoze Perez drew the Magpies level three minutes from time.

Fitness was once again the main goal as the players look to regain their sharpness ahead of the new Championship campaign – with nine players getting 90 minutes under their belt. Nevertheless, Adkins felt there were still plenty of positives to take from his team’s display.

The Tigers’ Head Coach said: “It was a pleasing performance that showed real signs of progression.

“We talked to the players before the game and told them all we were interested in was the performance – that was the important thing for me.

“The pitch looked magnificent and when you’re playing on a surface as good as that, you want to be able to pass the ball well and I think we did that.

“I thought we were a little bit too slow with our passing in the first half, but we improved on that after the break.

“Overall, it was a good team display and one that definitely gave us lots of positives to build on as we continue our preparations ahead of the start of the season.

“We could’ve actually scored a few more goals on the night, and obviously it was disappointing to concede the second goal in the manner we did coming from a set-piece, but I can’t be too downhearted.

“I’ve got to be positive about the good things we’ve done. It’s a new team, a young team and a hungry team. It’s a team that wants to do well for this club.

“The spirit amongst the players has been excellent from day one of pre-season. We’ve worked them hard and, to a man, they’ve matched that. I’m pleased with both their fitness levels and their application on the pitch.”

14. Amin Yapusi

“Thepitch looked magnificent and when you’re playing on a surface as good as that, you want to be able to pass the ball well and I think we did that."

It's been a long, long time since anyone said anything like that about our pitch. I know it's something Papa **** was interested in improving it, maybe Eham has continued that trend?

15. Barchullona

Barchullona Well-Known Member

Keep living in your fantasy land where there is more going on in Hull than Newcastle.

Must be Geordies working everywhere. That is why they sell so many tickets for every away game in spite of having to travel further than other clubs. Surprised there hasn't been a massive population reduction up there.

J. J. McClure likes this.
  16. Tickton Tiger.

Tickton Tiger. Well-Known Member

The way we undersell these type of games never fails to amaze me. I spoke to several City fans yesterday who didn't even know we had a game. Not everyone is on twitter, not everyone has access to email. It's almost as though someone turned up at the KC on Tuesday morning and thought '****ing hell we've got a match on tonight, better make a half hearted attempt at letting people know'
    The £2 'booking fee' is an insult.
    The lack of a cash turnstile is ridiculous.
    We used to get more then 4,000 watching the traditional pre season game at North Ferriby. To get that few for Premiership opposition who themselves brought almost half of the crowd should set alarms bell's ringing this morning. Or it would if anyone was really interested.
    '

17. Wildie

Wildie Well-Known Member

But, but, but......surely the Rugby ruins it??

18. Amin Yapusi

There's a reason for that. The only people who still want to attend are the ones who would suck Ehabs dick. Those type of people will take it upon themselves to know what's on. What's the point in wasting time, energy and resources marketing something to people that will not attend?

HullCityAFC1904 likes this.
  19. Evington

Evington Well-Known Member

What was the attendance Phil?

20. ImperialTiger

ImperialTiger Well-Known Member