1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Hull City v Luton

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Chazz Rheinhold, Sep 22, 2022.

?

City win?

1. City win

2. Draw

3. Happy Hatters

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Mckechnie Orange

Mckechnie Orange Well-Known Member

Can pass, has a tackle if the opposition get close enough, cant run for ****. .

2. Real ale tiger

Real ale tiger Well-Known Member

Chazz are you reading this. He is describing you. Remember i knew you when you had nowt

Chazz Rheinhold likes this.
  3. oozkan

oozkan Member

Denayer was asking 2.5M euros per year, that's why he couldn't sign Galatasaray although flirted 3 months after Marcao sale to Sevilla. It was obvious that he will go to UAE for money.

NewcastleTiger likes this.
  4. John Ex Aberdeen now E.R.

John Ex Aberdeen now E.R. Well-Known Member

I was meaning it went in off the post, whereas ours came out, goals change games, and that is the difference sometimes in games.

5. John Ex Aberdeen now E.R.

John Ex Aberdeen now E.R. Well-Known Member

Generally, I think there is a bit of overreaction, firstly I thought the performance was better than of late, particularly 2nd half. What Luton did well was defend from the front, they pressed us to death, and didn't allow us any forward momentum. They particularly put the back line under pressure and hence the mistakes, but too often we had to pass sideways because were pressed very well by them.

Jones confidence seemed to wain after the own goal, which also made Greaves jittery. I thought Coyle and Elder did okay and never gave up. Longman looked out of sorts due to lack of playing time, Tofun and Pelkas had little effect on the game. They come from a league where you are allowed time on the ball, in the Championship you don't get that, they have to adapt quickly if they are going to prosper in the league. Slater again was okay, as was Woods, but Woods does lack mobility, which makes the midfield a bit static. Oscar works hard but got little service, he sure misses Tetteh, and Allahyar is proving to be a big miss also.

Both Docherty and Christie made us look better when they came on, and Longman did look a bit better more centrally.

It's a team that is unbalanced and that has to be rectified, in the meantime until January when something can be done, whoever is at the helm needs to find a way of making this set of players more difficult to beat and more creative.

6. Steven Toast

Steven Toast Well-Known Member

I agree, it was better, but the bar was set pretty low to begin with. You can see some of the things we play up front are better, but our defending wouldn’t pass in League Two, let alone in our league.

From the set pieces it was a mess. Nobody knew who they were marking and Luton had a free header nearly all the time. Jones and Greaves look low on confidence, though the latter did recover in the second half. Both are more than capable, but are clearly out of form.

Hopefully our next manager builds from the back. We might have to sacrifice a bit of attacking play to do it, but the need for stability is clear and goals will come if the rest of the team feel comfortable with the lads behind them.

Well done to Doc, he’s looked sharp and keen to prove a point. Stick him in the starting XI against Wigan.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2022
  7. big vern

big vern Well-Known Member

Fatigue and arrived back from international duty late. The match was long gone. Better to save him for Wigan. If he gets injured we are in bother.

PLT likes this.
  8. Geo10

Geo10 Well-Known Member

We need a cb 100%, I’d be talking to vydra, I know he’s injured currently

GLP likes this.
  9. TIGERSCAVE

TIGERSCAVE Well-Known Member

Slaters effort must have been miles off then!!!

10. TIGERSCAVE

I'd replace Coyle with Christie in a heartbeat...

11. TIGERSCAVE

At the risk of being whoooooshed GEO... I dont think Vydra would help our defence, unless he was brought in to training to show them what to look for...

12. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

You appear to have missed out the major problem
    The midfield
    Now discuss

13. Ric Glasgow

Ric Glasgow Well-Known Member

Necessary loss if we want to progress? Really? We've regressed without him!!

As for the 'Wipe your tears' comment,it's really not necessary,I said it in a previous comment...He's gone,that's that!!

It's clear you never rated him...Move on FFS it's getting a bit tedious.

Newland Tiger and SydneyTiger14 like this.
  14. Shark Sports

Shark Sports Well-Known Member

Thought yesterday's performance was a decent improvement. I didn't expect much from Daws as he only had a few hours.

Goals change games and we're completely out of luck, their 1st proves that. And when Slater's strike cannons off the bar and stays out, that's just been typical of recent games.

Great to see Doc doing well

15. johnbo

johnbo Well-Known Member

We have issues all over that’s five poor defeats on the trot, 13 goals against and only 1 in reply, Last night we had a decent amount of possession but it must be the easiest game the Luton keeper as had in a very long time. I’m sure Oscar will score given chances but none are created, he’s badly missing the injured lads who he can feed off. For me he’s now playing the role of the target man but is better when there’s a bit of havoc in the box and he pounces. I still think the midfield lacks the big hard man, we have possession of the ball in patches but never seem to have anyone who controls the full game. Defence is shaky but that runs through the team. It’s still early but we are definitely in a relegation fight and who ever comes in as got to sort out some big problems and until January he will more or less have to do it with the squad he as got.

tigerrev and Howden Tigress like this.
  16. Chazz Rheinhold

Ric it’s clear he’s full of ****
    It’s him who xame out with the comment
    Honeyman bossed the midfield against us in the PL and he remembered it clearly from years ago apparently
    He just likes to try and shoot posters down
    And if you notice at times he answers every thread post as thou he’s marje proops telling us all to be quiet

plenty on here said it was a huge mistake to get rid of honeyman

and yes we have moved on you’re right
    I can see the only way to get out of this is to sign some blood n guts in January and move some of this lot back to turkey

17. Howdentiger2

Howdentiger2 Well-Known Member

I'd have rather we kept honeyman, but we replaced him at least. The biggest loss has been Smallwood due to us not replacing him with absolutely anyone. If we'd have replaced Smallwood with better ( or kept him ) then I don't think we would be having the honeyman convo as the players that replaced him would have the player(s) behind them to allow them to do their jobs as honeyman did last season ..... Hopefully that made sense

18. Chazz Rheinhold

Honey man is and was better than smallwood and slater
    And would often be moved back when one of those was subbed off.
    Tufan does nothing defensively
    Honeyman harried right across the middle
    And didn’t let the oppos make easy passes
    That makes the dm’s look better
    Same as the dm’s make and help the defence look solid and take a pass off them
    We twat about at the back as the midfield hide from the ball

19. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

Whilst it's true that there were elements of a reasonable performance last night, the things we're doing badly are so crucial that we can't possibly hope to turn our form around until they are addressed.

Defensively we are so chaotic. Every set piece is a scary moment. Contrast that to our set pieces where it's a simple keeper catch or unchallenged header away every time. Almost every ball into our box last night was only part-cleared; they could've scored from a rebound a few times before Lansbury eventually blasted his in. Hell of a strike, clearly, but it was part of a theme. Not sure what the answer is to this. The individuals involved are good players but they look short of confidence and maybe experience. Jones and Greaves could both do to be stronger aerially, we just don't win many headers with any conviction in either box.

The other big problem is in possession, we look really poorly practiced in what we're trying to do with the ball. I don't believe that passing from the back is the problem itself (and I don't think there's realistically much alternative in 2022). But how we do it is horrendous. You can see we're about to lose the ball 2 or 3 passes before we do, because we're playing into more and more pressure and we're just not good at all at getting out of that pressure. Again I don't think it's a personnel issue. Greaves and Jones are pretty good on the ball in general, but as a team we just don't seem to know how to progress the ball into a useful position. Very often we pass it out wide to the full-back who is on the touchline, already closely marked and with no teammate on the wing with him, so even before he's received the ball it is obvious that he'll have to hurriedly pass back again, I really can't understand why we perform this particular sequence so often.

When we do sometimes get the ball forward in a bit of space, we seem to be keen to get the ball in the box quickly, looking for Oscar, but we do it from deep and he's the only man in there with any threat of attacking a header, so it's easily defended every time. This is the closest thing to a deliberate attacking strategy I can make out, and it really isn't very effective at all.

I'm sure there are issues with the players we've got available thanks to injuries and so on, but there's no way we should be this bad.

20. Tentotwo

Tentotwo Well-Known Member

Another defeat yes, but going on that second half performance and it has to said the excellent vocal support the side gets an early sign all is not lost..certainly in my book. What’s done is done and the end product is there for all to see but the multi million pound question now is obviously one of who is the right man and coaching staff to take charge of a side that still lacks creativity, organisation and physical strength especially at the back. The big Turk wants attacking football by all accounts and that’s all well and good on paper.. I think he’ll find the best way to avoid defeat is first of all to stop the opposition scoring and in doing so make us harder to beat. Putting that to one side, whoever does get the job, and make no mistake it’s a hard one, the plan, certainly in the short term of things will almost certainly involve re organisation, consolidation and potentially now one of staying in the Championship.

UTT.