1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Hull City v Ipswich Town

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Chazz Rheinhold, Nov 17, 2017.

1. Hot_Fluff

Hot_Fluff Active Member

Joe Garner , typical example of small man syndrome and he's ginger. That combination results in a complete twat.

2. Howden Tigress

Howden Tigress Well-Known Member

Garner should definitely have been off first half, ref totally lost the plot and control, totally incompetent.

First half poor again, two average sides equally poor, with us gifting our customary early goal but at least we didn't capitulate. To be fair, second half we attacked & played the ball, we were all over them and had enough chances to win that game. I thought Dicko was a handful 2nd half and credit where it's due, even Henricksen upped his game and played better! I'd like to see Dicko and Campbell play together, could be a right handful, Slutsky should play to the "strengths" he has, admittedly not many, and not persist with his system he hasn't got the personnel for.

Don't think Slutsky was too impressed with the short corner debacle, Grosicky & Bowen, having made a balls up the first time, lost the ball. Slutsky tore into Bowen, not to do again, but next corner they ignore him and do same again, same result, ball lost. Just get it into the box, particularly when everyone's come up for it, just a waste.

look_back_in_amber and Kempton like this.
  3. pudseytiger

pudseytiger Well-Known Member

Agree about Garner, spent the first 20 mins rolling around on the floor after every 50/50 tackle trying to get the city players involved booked horrible nasty twat, agree with the criticism of some of the strange team/sub decisions from Slutsky, see on twitter and elsewhere he took a lot of flak by taking Dicko off, but to be fair to him Dicko looked over to the dugout and pointed to his hamstring and shook his head indicating he had a problem, if anything Slutsky was slow to bring him off.

Howden Tigress likes this.
  4. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

One thing I did like was the free kick routine. Ok it didn't come off but at least it's something different.

5. Barchullona

Barchullona Well-Known Member

Inspector Pantsdown has a crack team studying videos on overtime and they should be able to compile a report in 3 or 4 months. If the peregrine falcon is found to be an away bird of prey no action will be taken however.

FILEYseadog and over18and legal like this.
  6. dennisboothstash

dennisboothstash Well-Known Member

Started awfully, it was like a pre season friendly with not an ounce of passion on display
    Gave away a soft opener...standard
    Played better after that. They looked poor, but more organised at the back then us
    Our defence is really poorly drilled (and I mean the whole team’s role when we are defending, not just the back 4)
    I now know what Henriksen is for though. He’s the new Director of Back Headers. It was pretty much all he did and stuck to his tactic of drifting away from the ball instead of ever considering going and getting it, or making a short run towards to give an easy option for a pass (to be fair last 30 mins he did get more involved and looked much better, although he’ll never be accused of being too brave will he)
    Dicko took his goal well, as did Bowen
    There was, as ever, things I couldn’t understand. Why play Aina on the left, and then clearly tell him not to push forward at all. He’s an attacking threat which we didn’t use enough, and putting him there means that you have a non tackling pair in him and Grosicki (maybe a little unfair on Aina, but he’s still more effective attacking than he is defending)
    I thought Stewart was pretty good and st least wanted the ball. Mind you while it shouldn’t have been a penalty you could see it coming because he gave the ball away and the was out of position frantically trying to make up for it. Took a card for the team well though when we totally ****ed up an attack towards the end and they were breaking away with numbers
    That equaliser!...FFS when will be keep focus until the end of the game? Good touch to score and although at first I couldn’t understand why McG hadn’t moved earlier having seen it again that probably harsh. However the lack of focus, discipline, shape and effort when defending in the dying minutes is just inexcusable and we’ll keep giving away late goals until that’s resolved
    Late subs...Irvine is not a wide left player!

Oh and if that crowd was over 15k then I’m a tea total ballerina!

7. TIGERSCAVE

TIGERSCAVE Well-Known Member

Didn't go to the game, but interesting commentary on 5 re McG... he said that he's one of the most overworked keepers in the championship and if he was paid in saves he'd be a rich man. Christ knows where we'd be with some of the saves I've seen him make this season..

Lincoln Tiger likes this.
  8. pudseytiger

pudseytiger Well-Known Member

agree good post, the one thing that i've noticed of late is how uncomfortable some of the team look on the ball, several occasions yesterday when individual players had time and space to bring the ball down and get it under control, they just put their boot through it turning it into a "hit and hope" long ball, just get the opinion that the attitude is, if i've not got the ball then i can't be blamed if we screw up.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2017
  9. dennisboothstash

Spot on
    Presumably a confidence thing, but first hour it only really looked like Stewart wanted the ball, lots of players going missing and not offering themselves for easy balls

10. Top_Tiger

Top_Tiger Well-Known Member

The first 10 minutes Ipswich and Hoof McCarthey had us pinned in the left of our half. Ipswich are hideous team with dirty, horrible, fouling, player, provoking b******.
    We hardly strung a pass together in the first half and looked a team with no confidence. Second half I though we played well and our full backs looked fairly decent, Aina playing a lot better on the left. It must be writtien in Hector's contract that he must play every game because hes a huge reason we concede so many goals, best defender is on the bench.

The penno Stewart should have been off ages ago his legs had gone, obviously from Ehabs wonderful regime of purchasing non hardened U23 players. Sluts subs are absolutely baffling at times, like I said Stewart should have been off and Dicko (who had a excellent game with terrible service once again) should have come off earlier, he wasn't fit last week and if hes done a hammy its blatently the managers fault. Also why bring Larrson off when he can't play Tuesday? Their equaliser how the hell did that go in, I have no idea. Diomande showed in one blatent open goal miss why hes our 4th striker.

Lastly we won't stay up unless our manager solidifies our defence. We looked decent with Mazuch in the team, he needs to play against Millwall probably for Hector or Dawson, take your pick. I may even play Clark for Aina if hes play Kamil.

Ehab has got it drastly wrong, we need a 'fire fighter' manager (Bruce, Pearson) this year someone to consolidate, buy a few players with experience to build on this year. Instead the smug wonder buy has tried to be clever and copy his 'Silva regime' appointing someone who has no idea about the division or the players.

newlandcasual likes this.

11. Shark Sports

Shark Sports Well-Known Member

As bad as we've been we're still 4 points clear of the bottom 3. Surely we can't get any worse.

For me Dawson is the issue. I don't think he brings any calmness/composure any more.

Odd that Mazuch hasn't been given a go either

Meyho, kirkellatiger and pudseytiger like this.
  12. dennisboothstash

Larsson shouldn’t have gone off
    If he was going to take Grosicki off (not sure why though) then he should have moved Larsson to the left and put Irvine in the middle

Personally unless Grosicki has a twinge I’d have left him on and brought Irvine on for Henriksen

13. Evington

Evington Well-Known Member

It can get worse

Mr Hatem likes this.
  14. dennisboothstash

Sadly you’re right
    We could easily have lost yesterday and we could easily sell Bowen in January !

15. Shark Sports

Shark Sports Well-Known Member

We'll be absolutely fine, we just need to tighten up defensively, whether that's a personnel change or formation and we'll improve tenfold.

16. Evington

Evington Well-Known Member

Like I said it can get worse

17. The B&S Fanclub

The B&S Fanclub Well-Known Member

I was under the impression that rising of hands was a strict 'no-no' in that case how did their 14 stay on the pitch?

As for us...when are we going to defend and clear the ball instead of heading it aimlessly up into the air (1st goal) and compete for a slung in cross from wide (2nd goal) that led to the toe poke. Yet again 2 points dropped in the last two minutes. If this continues we'll be subject to a nail biter come the end of May, unless we can do something in the window and bring in a few wise heads (un£ucking likely)

18. Ernie Shackleton

Ernie Shackleton Well-Known Member

We need to learn to defend for the full 90+ minutes.

Goals conceded after the 80th minute have cost us 9 points.

If we'd have gained all them we'd be just below a play-off place on goal difference.

19. AlRawdah

AlRawdah Well-Known Member

Should have dropped Bowen for Mazuch.

20. City1904

City1904 Well-Known Member

The one positive in this is that we have been terrible for a lot of the season and we are still four points above the relegation one.

if we cut out daft mistakes and individual errors we would be fine. Similar to last season we made so many individual errors it's ridiculous.