1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Hull City v Huddersfield

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Chazz Rheinhold, Jan 28, 2020.

1. Steven Toast

Steven Toast Well-Known Member

I've said this for years, if a player goes down and needs treatment from the physio, but then clearly isn't injured, they should be booked. It'd be hard to prove, but it's the only way to stop this from happening constantly. The last three home games have been a piss take, Forest and Fulham in particular were ****ing awful for it.

At one point, they tried it again near the end and to their keeper's credit, he went over and told him to get the **** up.

Newland Tiger likes this.
  2. Steven Toast

Steven Toast Well-Known Member

It is, you're right of course, but I suspect some of the boycotting is being used as an excuse by armchair fans who just can't be arsed.

These types of fans moan about 'plastic fans' turning up for Chelsea, but look at the difference a stadium full of plastic fans makes. I'd rather have 25,000 part time fans every week than 14,000 empty ****ing seats.

3. City Man

City Man Well-Known Member

I know a Huddersfield season pass holder.

She says they do it every game when they get in front or get level near the end, a Cowley bros ploy that has emerged the last few months as they try to claw their way out of trouble.

She's not happy about it and it saddens her to see this gamesmanship deployed so often.

Dunno about the keeper.

For someone sparko there seemed to be zero urgency to get a stretcher or frantic running or signalling to the bench, just seemed a good excuse for a long team talk by the Cowly bros by their dugout.

4. City Man

City Man Well-Known Member

Copy RU- trainer comes on and tends to player, but the game continues around them!

5. GLP

GLP Well-Known Member

A one match ban would soon sort out this theatrical nonsense, it can even be applied retrospectively. It is ruining the game and I’m sick of it. I hate our players doing it and it’s worse when visiting teams do it.

gtigerbackin hull likes this.
  6. Amin Yapusi

Amin Yapusi Well-Known Member

I think Ehab is desperate for the cash cow to continue making milk. The cheap players from the start of their reign, the chesters, the Brady’s, are no longer available at a reasonable price. The promising young players like the Maguires and the Robertson’s are now out of our reach. That means shopping for skilled young players who are cheap for a reason (injury problems, criminal problems and so on) and hoping they reverse their trends and catch the eyes of the rich.

7. Amin Yapusi

Amin Yapusi Well-Known Member

Our players don’t do it.

gtigerbackin hull likes this.
  8. dazzar86

dazzar86 Well-Known Member

We already have - the new criteria to become a transfer target is; "he's played for Grant McCann in League One before, get him in".

Howden Tigress likes this.
  9. bobby ace

bobby ace Well-Known Member

Our best Centre Back is injured, as is our best Central Midfielder, and our forwards are all League One standard. Basically, we're spineless.

10. charon-the-ferryman

charon-the-ferryman Well-Known Member

Our best central midfielder has been on the naughty step all season - McCann has brought in a load of League One players - most of them should still be in league One - we desperately need better quality players and a better quality manager - we ain't going to get that any time soon

11. John Ex Aberdeen now E.R.

John Ex Aberdeen now E.R. Well-Known Member

It sounds as if last night City needed a "bitter" performance? Disappointing to wake up to the score, and when I saw it was 90 +6 minutes their winner, I thought it must have been the last kick of the game an only realised later there was still 8 minutes to play.

It seems the injuries and introduction of the new signings have disrupted the cohesion of the team. I certainly feel now the playoffs are nearly out of reach unless they put together at least 12 wins in the last 17 games, then we are in for another season at least in the Championship.

We are missing both Stewart and Toral IMO, Stewart for his influence in midfield and Toral for his vision in forward areas.

Saturday will be a tough game, can't see us getting a win here?

dennisboothstash likes this.
  12. x

x Well-Known Member

i see bowler is going to be out for a while. anyone got figures about bowen's scoring when he plays on the wing compared to when he's put in the middle?

13. DJBlackandamberarmy(No4)

DJBlackandamberarmy(No4) Well-Known Member

Pretty sure it’s close to out wide = all of them , should play your best player in his best position and fit others in around him

14. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

I had this conversation with junior during the game last night, he thinks he's scored one goal while being played centrally, all the rest while out wide.

15. Kempton

Kempton Well-Known Member

I don't know the percentages but we definitely know he scores lots of goals from the wing and nowt from any other position.

Why stop a player doing what he's clearly very good at?

I know I've said this already, but my theory is you get more money for strikers than you do for wingers and that's Terry's remit.

x likes this.
  16. TIGERSCAVE

TIGERSCAVE Well-Known Member

Its a good post, but I hate to remind you, that the majority of Hull City players currently have only ever played in front of 10k people on a weekly basis. Its alright McC saying, we want the fans back, well last night was an opportunity. A good performance against Chelsea followed by a 2,3 4 - 0 win last night might have increased the attendance by another 2k on Saturday against Brentford. A win there and a good result against Reading with some impetous would have added another lot a the the next home game and so on. But when you play your main man out of position because your only plan is 'because they'll double up on him lets play him elsewhere' and leave out the man who has scored most recently and play people who are patently not fit because they were mates at Doncaster, and in your coaching you cannot coach the basics of defending even when you are not squad rich in that department, then people aren't going to return.

Like many, I want to go back, the Allams and finances being the main reason. But equally, I dont want to go back and spend the game looking at my boots shaking my head thinking '****ing hell'. This Grant MNcCann is not Doncaster ****ing Rovers we are Hull City and you need to take responsibility, shake your ****ing head and get the job done.

LeftSaidFred and Howden Tigress like this.
  17. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

You’re over 60 and a retired copper!! And finances are an issue!! Ye right.

Howdentiger2 and Tickton Tiger. like this.
  18. Off The Line

Off The Line Well-Known Member

My feeling is that they were trying to give our best player more of the ball, something which he hasn't had a lot of in recent games.

19. TreeHugger

TreeHugger Well-Known Member

FFS, he was blue lighted to hospital. I don't think teams are going that far in the name of time wasting.

20. Plum

Plum Well-Known Member

I've no doubt they thought he was seriously injured but they did fanny about an awfully long time getting the stretcher on.