1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Hull City v Huddersfield Town

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Chazz Rheinhold, Mar 31, 2022.

?

City win?

1. City win

2. Draw

3. Udders felt

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

Shota Arveladze was able to deliver a positive update on the injury front ahead of the visit of Huddersfield Town, confirming everyone bar Randell Williams is available for selection.

The Tigers have seven games to go in the Championship and will be looking to begin the run-in strongly by picking up a result against the Terriers at the MKM Stadium.

“Everyone is fit apart from Randell Williams,” said Arveladze.

“He’s not fit enough yet to train with the group but he’s done some things with the group like warming up and passing sessions. We have to keep him out to get him stronger.”

Arveladze’s update means that right-back Lewie Coyle, who has not featured since he hobbled off with a hamstring injury against Sheffield United in February, has recovered in time to potentially play a part against the Terriers.

“He’s trained with the group,” revealed Arveladze.

“He’s been out for around seven weeks and it’s always difficult to come back after just three or four sessions.

“I have to be careful with him. We still have seven games to go. He’s been with us for the last four or five days but he’s been out for a while so we’ll give him space.”

As well as Keane Lewis-Potter and Harvey Cartwright being away on international duty with England, Allahyar Sayyadmanesh and Marcus Forss have also been in action for Iran and Finland.

“They both texted yesterday to let us know they are fine,” said Arveladze when questioned about the fitness of the striking duo.

“Allahyar played 45 minutes (for Iran against Lebanon) and texted to stay that he’s fine. Marcus did as well. There are no problems (with them).”
    upload_2022-3-31_9-8-9.jpeg

ONES TO WATCH

Ryan Longman

After arriving on loan from Brighton in the summer, Longman completed a permanent switch to Hull during the January transfer window. With the ability to play on the left and right side of midfield, Longman has been a threat in attacking areas for Hull this season with eight goal contributions from his 28 appearances. Since Alveladze’s arrival at the club, Longman has played almost all of his minutes out on the right-hand side. His ability to come inside and use his left foot is one of his strengths, evidenced by his long-range curler in the 2-3 FA Cup defeat to Everton back in January.

please log in to view this image

Richie Smallwood

Having signed for Hull City at the beginning of the 2020/21 season, Smallwood has gone on to make over 60 appearances in under two full seasons for the Tigers. The former Rotherham and Blackburn Rovers man has missed only four games so far this season and has captained the side on multiple occasions. Smallwood has been used as a defensive midfielder during his time at Hull City, offering protection to the Tigers backline. The 31-year-old has contributed in front of goal this season too, scoring two goals and grabbing an assist from the 35 games he has featured in this campaign.

George Honeyman

Having come through the Sunderland academy, Honeyman has gone on to make over 100 appearances for Hull City since leaving the Stadium of Light. Despite missing the first several weeks of the season, Honeyman has come back into the side to help Hull move up the table. Since returning from injury, he has nine goal contributions to his name, which is the second best at the club behind Keane Lewis-Potter. Honeyman is often the more attack minded of Hull’s midfielders, helping link the play from defence to attack. He has played in multiple midfield positions for the Tigers this season, with the attacking midfield position being the one he has featured the most in.

Looking forward to this.
    City to win 3-2

2. Chazz Rheinhold

I know it’s away but still

Tickton Tiger. likes this.
  3. Donatella Anybody

Donatella Anybody Well-Known Member

I’d feel more confident if it was an away fixture. Think we’ll lose 2 nowt

4. John Ex Aberdeen now E.R.

John Ex Aberdeen now E.R. Well-Known Member

Dressing room motivation.

5. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

Huddersfield has been a settlement for over 4,000 years and can be found in the 'Domesday Book' of 1086 under the name of “Oderesfelt and Odresfeld.” From Oder, which is a Norse person's name and field.

Rugby League was first formed in Huddersfield in 1895.

Home of Britain's largest nodding dog.

The first Yorkshire Terrier was born here.

Produced the aptly named LSD 3 wheeled car, which is the rarest car in Britain.

From 1868 until 1974 the area now known as Huddersfield was run by the Huddersfield Corporation, one of six county boroughs not ruled by the West Riding County Council.

In October 1919, it agreed to buy the 4300-plus acres on which the town was built from the Ramsden estate who had owned it for centuries. The purchase - which was nearly half the land within the Borough boundary and the whole of the town centre - cost £1.3 million. The deal was struck via locally-born entrepreneur Sam Copley and finalised a year later, on 29 September 1920.

Huddersfield Town were the first English team to win the league 3 times in a row.

There are over 3,000 listed buildings in Huddersfield, the third highest number in the country, and over 200 of them are in the town centre.

The world’s largest contemporary music festival takes place in Huddersfield every year.

The Sex Pistols performed their last ever UK gig in Huddersfield, performing at Ivanhoe’s nightclub on Christmas Day 1977.

The government campaign that crushed the Luddite movement was provoked by a murder that took place in Huddersfield. William Horsfall, a mill-owner and a passionate prosecutor of Luddites, was killed in 1812.

Kirklees Council was the first in the UK to have a Green Party Councillor.

6. Phinius T Bookbinder

Phinius T Bookbinder Well-Known Member

Time for out best performance of the season. Huddersfield slowed down a bit after a great run. Could start to get to them. Come on lads show your metal. 2 nil city.

7. Sir Cheshire Ben

Sir Cheshire Ben Well-Known Member

We can’t maintain this home form forever.

Just over 9 years since the bubble march, **** you WYP!

Huddersfield are there for the taking, flying high … it’s what we do.

#UTT 3-0 #UTT

8. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

Longbottom, Sykes and Dyson, is no wonder they abbreviated it.

Phinius T Bookbinder likes this.
  9. TwoWrights

TwoWrights Well-Known Member

'Huddersfield Town were the first English team to win the league 3 times in a row.'
    Which foreign teams won it 3 times in a row before them? :emoticon-0100-smile

bobby ace, tigre, FER ARK and 3 others like this.
  10. Plum

Plum Well-Known Member

Love the oil leak, old-fashioned British engineering!

Des Head and highpeak tiger like this.

11. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

I can't find the link to that cartoon series the Huddersfield fans did as a match report for our game against them with Peter Taylor in charge.

It's the one where they had it as a circus, with the players as clowns. I know it was taking the piss out of us, but I still found it very funny.

I think it was on Down at the Mac, but I can't find anything for it on there.

12. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

Some things never change, I've got the same issue with the Jag at the moment. <doh>

Plum likes this.
  13. SW3 Chelsea Tiger

SW3 Chelsea Tiger Well-Known Member

I’ve just had car issues too, alternator belt snapped. Cost of the new belt £75….labour cost £1275……****kkk

14. Plum

Plum Well-Known Member

I've got a whole car I could sell you for that.

15. Chazz Rheinhold

Gearbox electronic module went on my merc
    1200 quid for a new one! Bout the same price as the car ffs
    Managed to get it reconditioned, we’ll I think that’s what they did, 450 ****jng bargain

16. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

I took my other car in for two new tyres, two new brake disks and pads all round, turned out the back calipers were seized and I ended up with a £1,700 bill.

17. Chazz Rheinhold

Seems pricey
    upload_2022-3-31_11-55-7.jpeg

Evington and TwoWrights like this.
  18. Donatella Anybody

Donatella Anybody Well-Known Member

What are the Heinz 57 varieties? Nothing to do with the game I know but thought this thread had given up on it.

19. johnbo

johnbo Well-Known Member

Awful results at home last five, I was speaking to that Jim and Taz last night at the forum and mentioned it , said it just shows how much we need strengthening because to see one goal in five home games is terrible. Hopefully the team will surprise us and get a long awaited home win but how can any of us be confident on current form. I Also mentioned the membership which for me I think is good Value however prices on the day £27 are not cheap and he said that’s something they are looking at. We will see what happens but a win tonight is the priority at the moment.

20. Brucebones

Brucebones Well-Known Member

Huddersfield win to Nil!

60% possession though & 2 shots on goal, 1 on target for us!