1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Hull City v Bristol City

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Chazz Rheinhold, Aug 23, 2019.

1. Tickton Tiger.

Tickton Tiger. Well-Known Member

As many as were at Hull City v Southend May 3rd 1980. I say that because that was the most common question asked in those days, not the result or how did they play it was 'how many were there' ?

2. Tickton Tiger.

Tickton Tiger. Well-Known Member

You've got selective memory loss then. Troll back a few pages,

3. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

Anyone posted the lowlights?

4. brownbagtiger

brownbagtiger Well-Known Member

5. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

Hi guys
    Firstly, let me assure you all that at no time have I participated in - or even endorsed - the abhorrent slave trade which boosted my city’s coffers a few hundred years ago. I was just born there in the 1960s.
    Re: the game; I’m currently in hospital so can only go by the highlights, but from those I agree the score line flatters us a bit - although that Diedhiou effort did look to me like it crossed the line (I’d be interested in your honest thoughts on that).
    The difference was in the finishing. You had several dangerous chances which somehow you didn’t convert.
    That own goal was a bit of luck for us - but Afobe was lurking at the far post for a tap-in so I guess your lad had to try and cut it out and unluckily for you it went in the net.
    On another day it could have gone either way - but there is such a fine margin in the championship that the slightest thing can tip a game.
    You will be fine on that performance - I certainly can’t see you going down, as one poster stated on here.
    As for us; I think we will stutter soon - we lose a first team player to injury EVERY game and will soon run out of players. I’ll be amazed if we beat Boro on Saturday and I can’t wait for the international break.
    See you at Ashton Gate for round 2 :)

6. dennisboothstash

dennisboothstash Well-Known Member

I thought Diedhiou‘s crossed the line, although I was at the other end nearly so didn’t have a good view.
    Gut reaction was it was a goal though

bcfcredandwhite likes this.
  7. Plum

Plum Well-Known Member

I thought Long had the ball well covered for the own goal, wonder if he called for it?

8. City Man

City Man Well-Known Member

9. Barchullona

Barchullona Well-Known Member

I had a look at that site after OLM said it had similar crap to ours. It had, like the HDM a set of “brilliant” pictures of “wild” nights out in Bristol in the 90s. Seems wild nights out there were the same as Hull, people huddled together looking sheepishly at the camera. No doubt the same in every other paper in the group. Seems across the board in papers owned by the Mirror Group, which is renamed now, which took over papers owned by the Daily Mail. Similar in Nottingham. https://www.nottinghampost.com/whats-on/whats-on-news/things-you-used-able-nottingham-3060554 See they have police issuing stern warnings before local derbies ascwell.

No doubt the will have things you can only do in Nottingham like go to the Goose Fair or in Bristol like watch the
    Bristol Bears or go to theatres there or walk down the shopping streets there.

10. TryfanTyger

TryfanTyger Active Member

I was at work yesterday and only just spotted this and as no one else has replied, it was Nick Barmby.

The B&S Fanclub likes this.

11. gtigerbackin hull

gtigerbackin hull Well-Known Member

The view from W4. All around including myself thought that it crossed the line. We got away with it.

12. Der Alte

Der Alte Well-Known Member

We're near the halfway line so it was very difficult to judge. However, some friends who sit nearer the goal were also convinced that the ball appeared to cross the line. However, aren't we still using the goal line technology (apologies if this has already been mentioned but I haven't read many of the earlier posts)?

13. Kempton

Kempton Well-Known Member

I thought the same and we have to remember that when 'nearly' all of the ball crosses the line, it always looks a goal, but it isn't. Var is good for that at least.

14. The B&S Fanclub

The B&S Fanclub Well-Known Member

It certainly was Sir Nicholas of this parish.

15. desfrog

desfrog Well-Known Member

Don’t think goal line technology is used in the championship yet, still stuck in the Stone Age

16. Obadiah

Obadiah Well-Known Member

It is, unless they've changed their minds from last season.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39578985

Newland Tiger likes this.
  17. AlRawdah

AlRawdah Well-Known Member

Three days on and City still haven’t announced their official attendance for this match. I had a look through the EFL rules and can’t find any requirement to publish the attendance figure. I wonder if this is the latest wheeze of Ehab to disrupt football and rock to its very foundations (and also avoid announcing the pitiful crowds attracted to a club floundered under his management).

Or maybe someone just forgot. Can’t rule out the possibility of crass incompetence.

18. Blaknamberblood

Blaknamberblood Well-Known Member

Can I ask why some posters constantly harp back to the attendances when we first moved into the KCom ... prior to moving into the stadium we were poorly supported and had been for many years .. a hard core of fans who went week I week out .. however the major influence in the new stadium was APs want to get families involved ... ensuring it was a good experience for all .. this coupled with success on the pitch brought people in .. different times .. a new experience for many .. and a chance to build .. the arrival of premier league football will always add to the attendances .. people who do t support City come to get a glimpse of some of the best footballers in the world. They were different times and under different leadership with owners who wanted to do well for the fans because they understood the fans are the lifeblood of the club.

Alas the arrival of the Allams has sent a poisonous vein into the heart of the club .. their short sightedness and greed has torn apart the soul of this club .. people feel betrayed by them .. they have been shifted from pillar to post within the stadium.. they have seen concessions taken away from them and they have been shat on by these two imbeciles. There is only so much people can take .. I know many including me who have given up season tickets memberships seats and such like .. who refuse to give anything to the sour bar stewards who have treat them with such contempt .. they .. including I .. will return once the poison has been removed .. does this make me any less of a supporter because of our stance .. because we wont choose to ignore the scum the hold the reins .. I admire those who continue to go .. and hold no animosity towards them .. it is after all a personal choice .. for me and many others .. that choice is to remain away praying for the day we will walk back into the club with owners who understand they are not the be all and end all of the club .. but who appreciate the fans are and always will be the lifeblood instead of using it to bankroll their coffers with no thoughts towards those who's passion it is.

highpeak tiger likes this.
  19. dennisboothstash

dennisboothstash Well-Known Member

It was bigger than the Blackburn game though so why now?

20. Newland Tiger

Newland Tiger Well-Known Member

No attendances have been announced this season as far as I can remember

The HDM seem to think our average attendance is 10.5k though, in an article saying how bad it is,
    presumably they got this from the club as we know the actual attendance is much lower