1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Hull City v Brentford

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by StCloudTiger, Feb 1, 2020.

1. StCloudTiger

StCloudTiger Well-Known Member

Less than 12 hours to ko and no match thread?

Did we just transfer our whole not606 fan-base?

So who starts in place of Bowen and Grosicki? Terry will no doubt have to introduce a new system from which Eaves and or Maginnes may actually be the focus.

Strange one to predict after our bad run of results and then letting our two main attackers leave but I am going for a tight 1-1 draw.

2. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

Presumably Wills and KLP will have to start with Maddison coming on second half?

askewshair likes this.
  3. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

HULL CITY HAVE NO FRESH INJURY CONCERNS FOR THIS SATURDAY’S HOME GAME AGAINST BRENTFORD (KO 12.30PM).
    Josh Bowler was the latest player to be added to the injury list this week, with Grant McCann confirming on Tuesday night that the winger on loan from Everton would miss six to eight weeks following scans on an injury picked up in training last week. Martin Samuelsen, who missed the game against Huddersfield in midweek, will again miss out this weekend with a calf injury. He could return next week at Reading.

Callum Elder and Jordy de Wijs will also be targeting a return at Reading, with Matthew Pennington also still missing for this weekend, while Jon Toral is around a week to ten days away from joining in with first team training.

“We are where we are after Tuesday,” said McCann.

“I’m hoping that Callum and Jordy can push maybe for Reading. Jon Toral is maybe a week to ten days away from joining in with the first team which will be a big plus for us.

“Martin has been unfortunate in picking up a calf strain but that is more to do with playing a full season in Norway, having a little break, having a couple of weeks with West Ham and then he’s come into the intensity that we train at.

“Stephen Kingsley is looking good. I didn’t want to take a risk and expose him to the Chelsea game last weekend. Eric Lichaj and Robbie McKenzie did well in that game so I didn’t see any reason to change the back four (against Huddersfield). I’ve said all along that I like to have a stable back four. I spoke earlier in the season about how we weren’t able to keep the same back four for two games in a row, and it’s no coincidence that we’ve had to chop and change it in the last three games and haven’t got a result.

“Losing Jordy, Callum and ‘Penno’ has kicked us in the teeth a little bit. It’s not an excuse, but it hasn’t helped.”

Brentford also have no fresh injury concerns as they look to bounce back from a midweek defeat to Nottingham Forest. Centre back Pontus Jansson has missed the last couple of games with a hip problem, while strikers Sergi Canos and Nikolaos Karelis have been long-term injury absentees.

going to be a struggle this one I have to say!! I’d settle for a draw!!
    New era starting today
    Early kick off
    City 2-2

magennus and eaves you’re up top together

4. Chazz Rheinhold

5. AlRawdah

AlRawdah Well-Known Member

City's record at home to Brentford in the Second Dvision - played 10, won 8, drawn 1, lost 1
    City's record at home to Brentford at the KCOM - played 4, won 4, drawn 0, lost 0

Grant has got this. City 2 Brentford 0 (Eaves, Maddison)

atigerfan and Chazz Rheinhold like this.
  6. Evington

Evington Well-Known Member

I'd be amazed if we get anything from today

7. Chazz Rheinhold

Hopefully that’s when city surprise us

8. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

Had to expand the boundaries a little bit, but I reckon it's a keeper...

The Kempton Steam Railway: The Hanworth Loop once used to transport coal from Hampton to Kempton. Get pulled by a cherry red loco.

The Musical Museum tells the changing story of how people have captured and listened to music over the last four centuries. Experience tiny boxes or mighty organs.

When Chic Brodie's professional career was ended after a collision with a stray dog while playing for Brentford at Colchester United's Layer Road ground, he became a taxi driver in the capital. While driving through Westminster he had to swerve his cab to avoid hitting another stray dog that had run out into the road and hit another vehicle, driven by former West Ham and England striker Geoff Hurst...

Former Brentford keeper Laurence Batty is the son of songwriter Steve Wolfe, who co-wrote such hits as Beg, Borrow or Steal by the New Seekers and Lost in France by Bonnie Tyler.

In September 1975, Chris Balderstone played first class cricket, batting for Derbyshire in the afternoon, then in goal for Brentford against Doncaster Rovers in the evening.

In August 1920, keeper Jack Durston took five wickets for Middlesex against Surrey in the morning then kept a clean sheet for Brentford in their opening game of the season in the afternoon.

Archie Ling enjoyed a long career with Brentford also played cricket professionally with Cambridgeshire.
    Former Brentford Icelandic goalkeeper Oli Gottskalksson has represented his country at both football and basketball.

Scottish goalkeeper Joe Crozier, who spent twelve years with Brentford, became a Freeman of the City of London after a successful post-football business career.

Chazz Rheinhold likes this.
  9. John Ex Aberdeen now E.R.

John Ex Aberdeen now E.R. Well-Known Member

It is going to be a team we hardly recognise, probably the back 4 that started against Hudders, unless Kingsley comes in at left back and Lichaj moves back over to the right.

Can Maddison play, did we get him registered in time?

If not.

Midfield, I guess will be Lopes, Kane and Irvine

Front 3, Probably Wilks - Eaves - Magennis.

Like a few have said I can't see us getting anything from this game, but we can live in hope.

10. dennisboothstash

dennisboothstash Well-Known Member

0-2 loss.

Early beer too

11. John Ex Aberdeen now E.R.

John Ex Aberdeen now E.R. Well-Known Member

I think you could be right on both counts.

dennisboothstash likes this.
  12. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

I expect Kingsley to start today.

**** knows what the rest of the team will be, but Maddison hasn’t trained with us yet, so I wouldn’t expect him to start.

13. pierredelafranchesca

pierredelafranchesca Well-Known Member

Long
    Lichaj. Burke. Taff. Kingsley
    Lopes. Kane. Maddison
    Wilks. Irvine.
    Eaves

That's what I reckon he'll go with today

14. Ernie Shackleton

Ernie Shackleton Well-Known Member

The days of incomprehensibly playing opposing wingers on opposite wings so that a seven foot eight galoot of a centre-forward can attempt to incompetently bundle the ball into the net following a lofted ponderous cross, delivered following a turn inside to get the ball onto the right (or left) foot, allowing defenders plenty of time to reposition are over.

The days of **** knows what begin.

2-0 either way. Depending.

15. DJBlackandamberarmy(No4)

DJBlackandamberarmy(No4) Well-Known Member

Would be typical city to hammer them today, them flying high near top of the league, losing our 2 best players , bookies offering nearly 3/1 on a home win ...I think we will lose tho in all honesty 1-2

16. DJBlackandamberarmy(No4)

Looking at other options , I don’t care if he was in Fuel at 4am this morning necking sambuca , Chuck him in

17. Chazz Rheinhold

Is that the drag act? Sam Buca!

18. DJBlackandamberarmy(No4)

Not sure, I was not there , honest .

Chazz Rheinhold likes this.
  19. Sir Cheshire Ben

Sir Cheshire Ben Well-Known Member

Time these bastards buzzed off, been punching above their weight all season.

City 3 nowt.

20. Howdentiger2

Howdentiger2 Well-Known Member

In typical city style I think we will win today