1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Hull City v Brentford.

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Chazz Rheinhold, Dec 15, 2018.

1. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

Played slick passing a times but again nige showed his credentials as a good manager who understands tactics.

2. Leon T Trout AFC

Leon T Trout AFC Well-Known Member

Bottom of the form table too.

With regard to Adkins, I posted on here several times pre-seaon, when most forecast us finishing 25th on minus points, that he'd sculpt a workmanlike side and we'd get around 50 pts.

Must admit, after the transfer window played out, I reduced that view somewhat, but now, bar disaster in the Jan window, I think my original forecast was correct.

3. Chazz Rheinhold

He's an easy bloke to knock. Graham Taylor light if you will.
    he's passionate honest knows his stuff and is a gentleman.
    Negative qualities nowadays

askewshair and Leon T Trout AFC like this.
  4. Tickton Tiger.

Tickton Tiger. Well-Known Member

Wayne Jacobs contract was terminated on Christmas Eve. The City regime at that time thought he would ever kick a ball in anger again after he received a serious injury playing for City. He later played for Bradford City in the Premier League.
    Odebajo did owe City something. We nursed him back to full fitness and offered him a contract without us or him knowing if he would last a full 90 mins in a league game again. Totally the opposite to the Jacobs situation I quoted.
    He could have given us another 12 months.
    But he couldn't get back to Griffin Park quick enough.

5. Steven Toast

Steven Toast Well-Known Member

No he didn't. He got injured, there wasn't really much else he could do except work on recovering. If the club weren't bothered, they could have released him. Instead, they offered him a greatly reduced wage (as they did with Hernandez), he then rings up other clubs who offer him better, he leaves and we're all supposed to go "you're joking?!" Yeah, alright, he'd just had a massive injury, so the club was being a little cautious, but they didn't offer him enough to stay, which, given what our new signings must be on, must have been pretty crap. All footballers are mercenaries, deal with it. Nige said himself in the post match "all players leave at some point." We're enjoying Grosicki's performances at the moment, but the second he leaves, it'll be "****ING BOO!" from many people who were cheering him 6 months previously. It's part of football these days. Managers and players go where they are wanted.

He was instrumental in our promotion back to the Premier League, that for me is enough. He did his bit and was unfortunate to pick up an injury. Was Henrik Pedersen a dickhead for going back to Denmark following our promotion? Was Jay Jay Okocha a top arsehole for retiring after helping us get promoted? Of course not.

City1904 likes this.
  6. Tickton Tiger.

Tickton Tiger. Well-Known Member

He turned down another contract to play for Hull City after two years on the sick bed. Perhaps you should enlighten us all just how 'crap' wages our players are on seeing as you claim to know ?
    It was his decision to leave and he's the one that has to deal with it, not me. But I wasn't clapping him on the pitch which is what my original post was about, in case you'd forgotten. Grosicki has been looking for a transfer away for a couple of seasons now, Pedersen and Jay Jay both retired.

Chazz Rheinhold and howdentiger like this.
  7. Steven Toast

Steven Toast Well-Known Member

Pedersen didn't retire, he played on for another four years after he left City.

He wasn't entitled to turn down another contract just because he was injured. So what? Had Ryan Mason come back, do you think he'd have accepted a paltry wage to stay, simply because he felt he owed it to us? What does he owe us? We've paid his wages, so what? He signed a contract, those are the terms. If I was going to question anything, it'd be whether he got a loyalty bonus for seeing out his deal, then I'd argue that it'd be unsavoury to accept it.

Well if you think about it, our players got pay rises when we were promoted. He was on circa £15k a week in the Championship, more than he was on at Brentford. That probably went up the following season and reduced slightly upon relegation. But he'd still have been on a decent wage, certainly more than the likes of De Wijs and Mazuch.

Bottom line is, players will go where they feel valued. They are under absolutely no obligation to stay anywhere if they don't feel valued. He's not stupid, a slight reduction in terms would probably have been acceptable, but, as with Hernandez, the offer was probably crap and he thought he could get better elsewhere. In every other job, it wouldn't be frowned upon.

City1904 likes this.
  8. dennisboothstash

dennisboothstash Well-Known Member

Good game today, ugly, but effective
    Enjoyed it despite the cold (actually partly because of the cold as the jumping up session was pleasantly old school and did slightly warn the feet up!)
    Good atmosphere
    Good stick to Moses. Even if you didn’t mind the way he left us he’s an opposition player now, and there was a clearly a nugget of something to give him stick about that could negatively affect him...it’s your duty to do so as a fan (as long as it’s not vile racist etc ****e)
    Good three points

9. Chazz Rheinhold

It's worrying that our younger posters have no idea of the meaning of the word loyalty. Paying ones dues, owing something and giving something back.

As said earlier it was gratifying to me to hear the booing and hearing greedy bastard ringing out.

10. tigerscanada

tigerscanada Well-Known Member

Smart lad then.

Chillo likes this.

11. Leon T Trout AFC

Agreed.

Sad reflection on society and education. Whoever makes the most money has the most kudos.

Although, as evidenced from some of our older posters too, critical thinking has been plumbing the depths in this country for decades.

12. Barchullona

Barchullona Well-Known Member

Or " some people have the temerity to think differently to me".<laugh>

Thinking getting a load of money for doing nothing more than appear on websites or talent contests is something to be admired and aim for is a trait of the social media generation.

howdentiger likes this.
  13. FILEYseadog

FILEYseadog Well-Known Member

12 points off the play offs

:)

Kempton and over18and legal like this.
  14. Leon T Trout AFC

You found that Craig Charles/ Jim Davidson link yet?

15. Amin Yapusi

Amin Yapusi Well-Known Member

Whoever played that lofted ball over to Grosicki for the first, it was ****ing sensational. Deserved the assist grosicki should have buried it.

16. Erik

Erik Well-Known Member

I concur, old bean.

17. John Ex Aberdeen now E.R.

John Ex Aberdeen now E.R. Well-Known Member

When watching the first 10 minutes I thought to myself there is only one winner here and it isn't City. Just goes to show what I know, with only 28% of the ball, they played very well as it turned out. Campbell & Elphick were standouts for me, and even though we didn't have the possession, we managed the game very well. Credit to Nigel and the players.

Howden Tigress likes this.
  18. Chazz Rheinhold

Was it hendo? I remember him hitting a superb ball to Growshitski just can't remember ur it was for the goal

19. balkan tiger

balkan tiger Well-Known Member

You don't think calling someone a greedy bastard is offensive then?

20. charon-the-ferryman

charon-the-ferryman Well-Known Member

I don't wish to be pedantic but Hendo isn't a shortened version of Henriksen - Henry, Ricker, Marx, thrers plenty to choose from - in fact Hen do is a girls night out

Last edited: Dec 16, 2018