1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Hull City v Blackpool

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Chazz Rheinhold, Sep 26, 2021.

?

City win?

1. City win

2. Draw

3. Blackpool rock

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. AlRawdah

AlRawdah Well-Known Member

In what possible way have I been touchy? I merely responded to your advanced apology.

Anyway, your question was about what McCann might learn from Tuesday. I gave you three ways in which I think he will probably learn and adapt. Though I accept I can’t be sure, because I’m not… err, him.

But of course, you still aren’t listening to that are you? You’re happier trying to score silly cheap points. Fill your boots my friend, score away!!!!

2. AlRawdah

And there you go again. “He doesn’t change” says you. Yes he does but you refuse to see it. “He doesn’t learn” says you, yes of course he does.

Is he struggling with a squad that lacks quality and confidence? Absolutely yes.

Does he start games with the same basic formation? Yes he does, but he tweaks it in-game every match.

Have all those tweaks been effective? Of course not, no manager does that and can’t, because there is another manager in the other dugout also reacting and changing.

Does he rigidly plod along with exactly the same mistakes week after week? Of course he doesn’t, and only a blinkered person would make that claim.

Does he want sacking? Maybe. I’ve not seen any “loss of dressing room” signs yet, and I’m not convinced another manager within our potential grasp would get more out of the same squad of players. But maybe a change would be better.

What I’m not going to do is accept circular ill-informed guff without a bit of push back, because that guff isn’t what I define as supporting my football team. Which is supposed the purpose of this board, no?

3. Gone For A Walk

Gone For A Walk Well-Known Member

No, my understanding is that this board isn't about 'supporting our football team'! It's primarily about having discussion and debate, hearing news and rumours, etc etc regarding our team.

I view much of what you are 'pushing back' with as guff! I happen to disagree with you on some stuff, not on everything, as in I (and many others by the sounds of it) have a different view. That doesn't make it guff or ill informed other than in your opinion; it just means we have a different view.

I think he is failing miserably. For example, starting with the same basic formation when it clearly isn't working and shows no prospect of working is crazy imo. Yes, you are right, he does 'tweak' it, but largely as in shuffling deckchairs rather than making any clever tactical changes - note, we only improved the other night by throwing abandon to the wind when down to 10 men; don't think for a moment it was some tactical genius switch or some learning; you watch, he'll revert back to the same old 4 3 3 come 3pm on Saturday.

We disagree. Fair enough. Let's move on.

4. AlRawdah

Yes let’s move on. In particularly, move on from overemphasising the importance of matches played 18 months ago, I’d suggest.

But not before saying that he switched to 442 prior to Coyle’s sending off. Only by about five minutes, Eaves came on at 77 and Coyle went off about 81 - but to claim that it was the dismissal that sparked the change is wrong.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2021
    springtiger likes this.
  5. Mckechnie Orange

Mckechnie Orange Well-Known Member

It was more of a 424 before the sending off, and just as insipid as before. The sending off somehow galvanised the team into a fightback and forced the wide forwards to drop in a bit making more of a 3 4 2.

That wasn't mccanns plan when the subs were made. The players dug the manager out of a hole, not the other way around. We didn't bother their keeper at all until we went down to 10.

I'm all for moving on. We have middlesboro coming up and we need more than one point from the 2 home games this week to be able to say he hasn't underachieved as far as I'm concerned.

If we get the win he buys more time for me. I hope he gets it. Not sure I can see it though.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2021
  6. TIGERSCAVE

TIGERSCAVE Well-Known Member

Sorry, I forgot you were in the McCant 'IN' camp.... I'll consider your feelings before I post anything slightly controversial again...

7. City Man

City Man Well-Known Member

Sad state of affairs when we have a bunch of 'fans' who constantly undermine the manager and the club with their self-important critiques of his 'errors'.

Negativity swirls around the MKM and hampers the endeavours of the players.

Why do people who profess to support the club and want it to prosper, spend so much time and energy chipping away at it?

It's a self-fulfilling prophecy and downward spiral.

8. Mckechnie Orange

Cant blame the fans for doing what the owners have been doing since 2015.

9. City Man

Awwww bless....it was them that started it

Tickton Tiger. likes this.
  10. Mckechnie Orange

I think you'll find I've taken a more balanced view in the past. Takes 2 parties to tango, but at the end of the day the only thing that will shift the negativity is a change in direction at the top.

Anyone who's been around the block more than a couple of decades can see where the club will end up if the current ownership continues - and it won't be financially sound yoyo - ing around the middle of the football pyramid as we currently are.

I'll. Support the lads in the shirt whatever, but that doesn't mean I can't see that we're in a long, slow spiral, and that's not entirely the fans doing.

BillyBlysPaperboy likes this.

11. City Man

So this constant sniping and ridiculing of the manager helps how?

12. Mckechnie Orange

I haven't been sniping. I've just come to a view. I hope he succeeds, just can't see it.

Gone For A Walk likes this.
  13. Kempton

Kempton Well-Known Member

We always get into an argument when we're losing.

It's just the nature of the beast.

It's only a game....

14. Ric Glasgow

Ric Glasgow Well-Known Member

I'm not in any McCant 'IN' camp.Nor am I in the 'hope we get ****ed off Blackpool to prove a point' camp.

Don't you worry about my feelings buddy,I've obviously got thicker skin than you have:emoticon-0148-yes:

15. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

16. Ron Burguvdy

Ron Burguvdy Well-Known Member

At least we got the - 'let's all laugh at diving' / dive of the week- on Soccer AM...

17. Plum

Plum Well-Known Member

It's good that. The Deep being described as the 'Josh Bowler of museums...' made me laugh. :emoticon-0102-bigsm

PLT and Ron Burguvdy like this.
  18. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

If this was the case after Blackpool, surely we must be there again now?

Howdentiger2 likes this.
  19. LeftSaidFred

LeftSaidFred Well-Known Member

please log in to view this image

20. Mckechnie Orange

WTF? How did I end up posting something on this thread?

Edited accordingly. **** this I'm off to bed.